• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pretty sure we had a movie or two tackling that very same topic.
I don't think Civil War and whatever other movie there would be took things down the route The Boys did (as I continue to marathon through it)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It just wasn’t as solid as the first. That includes Syndrom, definitely, but it didn’t feel as complete as the original.
But to not stray from the point here, Incredibles 1 was a parody of superhero tropes and family drama all rolled into one, which gave it their own edge and with a villian that hams it up, it makes for a fantastic movie.

The sequel... is just a Superhero movie. Which is fine, but... it's just a Superhero movie. Still one of Disney's better sequels imo, still a great movie, but could've been better

D

Deleted member

i don't know how pixar tricked people into thinking the incredibles was a children's film. it literally opens up with a guy trying to commit sewerside, him getting saved by a superhero, and then suing the superhero because he wanted to die

they made Elastigirl's ass bigger it take up majority of the screen and scenes
i don't condone this type of behavior but i understand

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
i don't know how pixar tricked people into thinking the incredibles was a children's film. it literally opens up with a guy trying to commit sewerside, him getting saved by a superhero, and then suing the superhero because he wanted to die

i don't condone this type of behavior but i understand
Incredibles 2 said Hell and Damn like really close to each other, and parents were LIVID. Like, FUMING

Noipoi

Howdy!
One of the tiers is gonna get me roasted badly
View attachment 313359
Everything Good and below is ordered. The Toy Story trilogy (not Monsters Inc) and Up are also ordered (yes, Up is my favorite Pixar movie, sue me)
1: See Coco and Soul immediately they’re incredible.

2: I agree with everything in S tier, except for the fact that Ratatouille isn’t in it.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, as of April 2021, the only Pixar movies that haven't gotten a sequel/prequel yet are:
Inside Out
Ratatouille
Coco
Brave
Good Dinosaur
Wall-E
Up
Bugs Life

Not counting Soul or Onward since they're recent movies, but do you think any movie in this list deserve a sequel/prequel?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, as of April 2021, the only Pixar movies that haven't gotten a sequel/prequel yet are:
Inside Out
Ratatouille
Coco
Brave
Good Dinosaur
Wall-E
Up
Bugs Life

Not counting Soul or Onward since they're recent movies, but do you think any movie in this list deserve a sequel/prequel?
Ratatouille is fine as is, as well as Wall-E, Up, Bugs Life and Coco.

Brave and Good Dinosaur don’t deserve sequels.

Inside Out I think could have some interesting ideas for a sequel. Maybe with Riley at a different stage in her life, or maybe an entirely different person. The concept of visualizing the mental process of someone going through a tough time in their life as a wacky cartoon adventure can be done in so many different ways.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Incredibles 2 said Hell and Damn like really close to each other, and parents were LIVID. Like, FUMING
Incredibles 1's DVD already had Frozone calling Mr. Incredible and Pals "crappy animation" on the commentary.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Eh talking Pixar movies eh?

I'll go on to say I definitely really enjoyed Soul which I watched a few weeks ago. I will be watching Luca in June. Basically Little Mermaid meets Ponyo but set in Italy.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Crap is on a lower tier on the swear there list than damn
Honestly I've always thought the opposite. Feels more like if a production isn't willing to have "crap" in it, it could still have "damn".

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I am legitimately curious about Luca as well as the theme and message it'll deliver.

I think it's supposed to represent xenophobia and the message being is accepting those who are different and for who they are. Something around those lines?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alright, here’s mine. No particular order, just picked em when I found em.

View attachment 313362

Objectively I think Monsters Inc is A tier, but if we’re talking nostalgia it’s absolutely S tier.
You know how you can tell Good Dinosaur was a production nightmare?

The poster you used was made that year, and it doesn't even match the final movie :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom