• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Beenox probably will be too. It's a ****ty situation but having a tantrum isn't going to move the needle. Take it easy.
Beenox likely already is. Their last game was assistance on Black Ops Cold War...

D

Deleted member

yknow, I really wish Miitopia's advanced mii creator becomes a thing for the Switch as a whole.

Cause like, making miis right now is pretty limited. You can get creative with it, but the actual amount of options you have is almost identical to making a mii on the Wii or Wii U. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it would be nice to have more options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! & osby osby

Ayyye, the pizza is here! Just got a pizza!

Alright, this one is going to be a doozy to write up, but i'm gonna try my best to make it interesting/entertaining.

Black Space.....Black Space, Black Space, Black Space....

You know, I never played Yume Nikki, and I think segment in particular really show that this game inspired Omori in lots of way...annnd after playing it, idk if I play Yume Nikki any time soon lol (I know it's less scary, but still)

Also, I hope this image scared you a bit, 'cuz it will make you feel more like I did after I played this.

But yeah, let's start with THE PAIN ZONE.

Let's just that
Screen Shot 04-30-21 at 02.36 PM.PNG Screen Shot 04-30-21 at 02.35 PM.PNG
Those kinds of things (alongside the jumpscare of not-so-dead Mari before you enter Black Space for real) really put you in the mood and I hate it. A good kind of hate, but hate regardless.

Second the Disco Area!

Iiiiiiiit's slighty better??? The trippy look of it all is really unsettling, but I think the imagery there affected me less than the pain zone. (plus there's more funny/weird stuff than really scary)

Still, that blue cat ain't my friendo.

Then the Scribble Area.

It's the best area if only because YOU CAN MEET DANCING SKELETON, BABY.

Enjoy this area because it only get worse from there.

Tho, admitelly, the Town Area ain't too bad, especially if you find the graveyard dev room. Which is funny in a morbid kind of way....unless you enter the house with the jumpscare in it. Which I didn't, but I'm kinda glad & dissapointed I missed it.

The Backyard Area...

OK, first off, not even counting what happen next. I think this are is one of the most disturbing area in Black Space. Especially when you know what Something is.

Being called a liar only to meet Something, who then follow you for the rest of the room....all while saying she love Sunny...

..It may be because I have a older sister myself, that I love those character, or one reason or the other. But hearing this on repeat with the music in the background was soul draining. Especially since I had to hear 15 * 2 Something telling she love Sunny, because....

Once you get the key and get 15 green thumb from Something. You can jump on the border of the map (with all the images of Sunny & Mari looking happy btw) and enter Black Space 2. (well, a part of it atleast. The Dock to be precise)

If Black Space was more or less unsettling, Black Space 2 goes "hold my beer" on it and crank the scary factor to eleven. The sound effect, the distorted visual, the way it just feel....wrong to be here. Which make sense mind you! We shouldn't be here on this route, but here we are, and it's confusing & panick inducing.

Especially since you can access 3 areas:

1) A glitched version of Junkyard, who is filled with glitch, creature from Black Space that shouldn't be here. Like growing arms, Somethings in the background, the tree with the nooses and THAT ****ING HELLMARI STARING YOU HOLY **** NOOOO.

Idk how they took the most chill are of the game and made it nightmare fuel, but they did it! And I don't like it!

2) The reason I went to this area in the first place: accessing to Red Space.(Sidenote: keep in mind there's a Black Space, a second Black Space and now a Red Space. If this isn't fridge horror, idk what it is)

What's worse is that the way you get here is all kind of uncanney valley. You enter Sunny home as Omori, everything look normal at first glance, only for it to NOT look normal. (what's the noose doing in the bathroom?? Why does Mom room as such s long hallway? WHY IS THE STRANGER GIANT AND IN MY ROOM?!)

But then you enter the piano room and....you see the current day Aubrey/Kel/Hero and....why it's technically the less horrifying part so far. Seeing their real world counterpart in Sunny mind is just wrong.

Of course, it's pale compared to what you have do next: Either open the room to Mari and finally enter Red Space....

or not and then have to escape her Hellmari form, and make you unable to enter Red Space at all unless your reload. (and make her apparear in various room on the house too)

I knew what to do so I opened the room and Red Space was here at last...

Now, there isn't much to do here. A few red hand run away from you, you can find alot of stump & flower crown and if you straight from the behind of the first stump you see, you can climb a invisible ladder which take you to basically a farm made out of Somethings.
Screen Shot 04-30-21 at 03.51 PM 001.PNG

(this is only 1 exemple but you get the idea)

Otherwise, this place doesn't have much to it admitelly, but I think Red Space is more interesting if you look at it in a symbolic angle. As it can be seen as the origin of Something & the Red Hands. Omori familiars, and Omori is heavily speculated to be a Something himself. One that is more helpful to Sunny than harmeful at first glance, but then you take account him sitting on the throne of Red Hand at the end of Black Space, how he look when he is Furious and how is influence is ultimaly toxic for Sunny mind. And I think it's safe to say that the twist that Omori is the true final antagonist make alot more sense with that info in mind.

Still, we got one last are to go that being:

3) By exploring The Dock. You meet alot of weird imagery. Notably a younger version of Sunny following you, mutliples Sunny taking bath....with some seeimgly drowing, and then after more stairs & swimming. You take a boat that lead you...nowhere.

On my first try, I was so lost & scared to what will happen next. I had no idea this are existed. Being lost in a storm in the middle of the ocean while thunder booming made clinge to my seat that something horrible might come out at any moment, and the best/worst is that...nothing did.

I reached a beach, and after a very loooooooooooooong stair into deep well 2.0, I pushed a bed and....

"I'm Sorry"

All of this leaded to a room filled with only those keys spelling this...and somehow, it got me.

While I had to reload my savefile to access Red Space (I went to the I'm Sorry room first and couldn't backtrack without stabbing). I can safely say that, for the little played I played Black Space 2. I am VERY not much looking forward to exploring mroe of it in Omori Route. And I gotta give a massive shout-out to Omocat and his team for making me uncomfortable at a bunch of pixels & png, and still having a truck ton more to do, since haha, I wasn't even halfway done with black space by that point.

buuuuuuuuuuut sadly, Im' gonna stop here since my head is on fire fro writting all of this.Sorry for that.

Will come back to it later when I relax more.

Still, feel free to share your throughts, if you got any.

KillerCage

Smash Master

One of the first astronauts to have set foot on the moon has passed at the age of 90.

May he rest in peace and condolences out to his loved ones still alive. 90 is a good and long life, couldn't have asked for anything better and that was what mattered.

You did amazing sir, playing part in one of humanity's greatest accomplishments. Your legacy will live on for years to come.
MISINFORMATION!

While he was one of the three astronauts of Apollo 11, Michael Collins himself never set on the Moon.
He stayed in orbit while the others were on the surface.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
MISINFORMATION!

While he was one of the three astronauts of Apollo 11, Michael Collins himself never set on the Moon.
He stayed in orbit while the others were on the surface.
Ah thanks for the correction there. Still an amazing accomplishment though to accompany them on this amazing world-breaking mission that changed the world.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys:

Good News: Did my first bike and train journey! Had a lot of fun riding around a few places, relaxed at the beach, had a chat with a few people, had Subway for the first time in a few years, bought a few drinks. I'm happy.

Bad News: I may have gotten an eye infection or pain from cycling without glasses for like eight hours. And came very close to crashing (me being a right jackass for listening to music while cycling through a rural road I'll admit) but hey blind corner.

Feel exhausted but can't sleep due to anxiety with the eyes. I'll phone the docs if it gets worse but nothing some water and stuff can't handle.

Probably gonna play some Mario Kart...................DS tonight for a nice change.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So guys:

Good News: Did my first bike and train journey! Had a lot of fun riding around a few places, relaxed at the beach, had a chat with a few people, had Subway for the first time in a few years, bought a few drinks. I'm happy

Bad News: I may have gotten an eye infection or pain from cycling without glasses for like eight hours. And came very close to crashing (me being a right jackass for listening to music while cycling through a rural road I'll admit) but hey blind corner.

Feel exhausted but can't sleep due to anxiety with the eyes. I'll phone the docs if it gets worse but nothing some water and stuff can't handle.

Probably gonna play some Mario Kart...................DS tonight for a nice change.
Downside: you got an eye infection. Hope that clears up soon.

Upside: Now you can cosplay as this absolute gigantachad

D

Deleted member

3A973AA5-D654-456B-A857-B42D58044B58.jpg

I appear to have stumbled across a weird mobile game

I'm honestly not sure if this is even safe to play tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom