• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , osby osby

Before I go to Black Space, is there anything you think I should do in Headspace? Whatever I already done it or not, just want to make sure i'm not missin' anything.

Also, i'm going to try to get into Red Space, if you don't know what that mean, will explain later, but if you do, wish me good luck.
You went to the Orange Oasis, yeah? Pretty sure you did. If so, then, I wouldn’t say you’re missing anything important.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You went to the Orange Oasis, yeah? Pretty sure you did. If so, then, I wouldn’t say you’re missing anything important.
Yup, got the Chicken Ball even, AKA how to make Run'N'Gun even more broken than it already is.

Not that it matter now, since you know....Headspace is done now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This is so sad honestly, this COD is gonna be a massive dumpster fire isnt it?
The rumor that's been circulating is that the current CoD game in development is in VERY poor shape, like shovelware levels of poor shape, which is only exacerbated by them also having to make updates for Warzone. And apparently they're really worried about it because, in contrast, the new Battlefield game is apparently looking very polished.

It would help explain why they're pouring so many resources into it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

This is so sad honestly, this COD is gonna be a massive dumpster fire isnt it?
No. It's the best selling game every year, and they get funding from the Department of Defense so they're have way more than enough money to cover any flops for a while.

Even if Warzone sucks ass, Activision will forever be the Call of Duty company from here on out.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
No. It's the best selling game every year, and they get funding from the Department of Defense so they're have way more than enough money to cover any flops for a while.

Even if Warzone sucks ass, Activision will forever be the Call of Duty company from here on out.
Why tf do they have funding from the Department of Defense?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

One of the first astronauts to have set foot on the moon has passed at the age of 90.

May he rest in peace and condolences out to his loved ones still alive. 90 is a good and long life, couldn't have asked for anything better and that was what mattered.

You did amazing sir, playing part in one of humanity's greatest accomplishments. Your legacy will live on for years to come.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Why tf do they have funding from the Department of Defense?
Activision works closely with the Military when it comes to Call of Duty. Some examples:
  • A writer for the series went to go work with the Department of Defense.
  • The Pentagon has a huge role in the development of the games. They often help write the stories and help contribute to elements of the game. They had a large hand in Advanced Warfare.
  • In addition, they also take notes from military advisors
  • Activision pays gun manifactures to get their weapons in the game, some of which being military manufacturers.
  • The US loves using CoD and CoD esports as a recruitment tactic for young children.
Like, the funding isn't ever explicitly stated, but come one it's obvious the DoD is supporting CoD

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
With May tomorrow (or today depending on timezones) just remember the old adage: April Showers bring May Flowers!

Which considering the weather I saw yesterday there better be some flowers. There were lots of showers and wind.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Planning on it actually. Just waited for the whole first season to come out. I'll be starting to watch it soon.
guess you don’t have to wait anymore now. Trust me when I say it’s gonna end up being one of the greatest superhero shows of all time
With May tomorrow (or today depending on timezones) just remember the old adage: April Showers bring May Flowers!

Which considering the weather I saw yesterday there better be some flowers. There were lots of showers and wind.
never heard of that...I’m just here for the May Hype

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I didn't get much of a response on my Marvel Fighting game prompt, so I'm reposting it. I added another row of fighters (bringing it to 36), half of them deliberately very obscure characters
Tony Stark/Iron ManSteve Rodgers/Captain AmericaThorBruce Banner/The HulkClint Barton/HawkeyeNatasha Romanov/Black Widow
Peter Parker/Spider ManSam Wilson/FalconLokiCarol Danvers/Captain MarvelDoctor Steven StrangeT'challa/Black Panther
Otto Octavius/Doc OckPeter Quill/Star LordNamor the SubmarinerKamala Kahn/Ms. MarvelNatasha Romanoff/ Scarlet WitchMatt Murdock/Daredevil
Kang The ConquerorThanosLogan Howlett/ WolverineScott Summers/CylcopsRobert Drake/IcemanOroro Munroe/Storm
Raven Darkholme/MystiqueMax Eisenhardt/ MagnetoKurt Wagner/NightcrawlerWade Wilson/DeadpoolReed Richards/Mr. FantasitcDoctor Victor von Doom
Janet Van Dyne/ The WaspThe Silver SurferRichard Rider/Nova3-D ManMaria De Guadelupe/SilverclawElsa Bloodstone
I do like your choices, though you messed up on Scarlet Witch's name. It should be Wanda Maximoff.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"Congratulations, You have succesfully revived a dead classic franchise with a long awaited sequel!"
"Great, what do I win?"
"Nothing! Now get out!"
"Wha?"
"GET OUT! EVERYONE GET OUT OR YOU'RE MAKING CALL OF DUTY"
If crash and Spyro really are back in the grave now then life just sucks so bad I want to kill it. Spyro didn’t even get a sequel! The platformer revival was going so well! But now wonderworld sucks and we might never get another Crash or Spyro game again and nobody else jumped on the remake bandwagon except for ****ing SpongeBob. So much for my favorite genre coming back. Now I’ll have to dredge through the indie market and Mario to get my fix.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The rumor that's been circulating is that the current CoD game in development is in VERY poor shape, like shovelware levels of poor shape, which is only exacerbated by them also having to make updates for Warzone. And apparently they're really worried about it because, in contrast, the new Battlefield game is apparently looking very polished.

It would help explain why they're pouring so many resources into it.
So it’s not the apocalypse? But the TfB guy said it was the end of an era?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Just finished you-know-what, and....

joker just can't.jpg
I think I'm gonna need a big break before I give my thoughts on Black Space.

My curiosity got the better of me. I thought I was ready, but...
Screen Shot 04-30-21 at 02.35 PM.PNG
I dug too far.

Screen Shot 04-30-21 at 04.29 PM.PNG
If you have any wholesome pics to share, I take it, but for now, my mind need to go to White Space really quickly.

Jesus lord, this part...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So it’s not the apocalypse? But the TfB guy said it was the end of an era?
Oh it still is the end of an era. The old Toys for Bob will likely be gone for good, and a lot of employees left on their own volition. The ones absorbed into the CoD team will likely remain at the CoD team since they need so many resources.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Just finished you-know-what, and....

View attachment 313279
I think I'm gonna need a big break before I give my thoughts on Black Space.

My curiosity got the better of me. I thought I was ready, but...
View attachment 313280
I dug too far.

View attachment 313281
If you have any wholesome pics to share, I take it, but for now, my mind need to go to White Space really quickly.

Jesus lord, this part...
Not gonna lie I still have no clue how to get to Red Space.

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
After some more research and thinking about it, I've fully internalized how unhinged it is that Activison has basically assembled the Avengers just to help with development in a single Call of Duty game. There is no way this is going to go well. Surely their's a better solution that doesn't involve decreasing the overall variety in the games industry. Y'know, like delaying the game.
If crash and Spyro really are back in the grave now then life just sucks so bad I want to kill it. Spyro didn’t even get a sequel! The platformer revival was going so well! But now wonderworld sucks and we might never get another Crash or Spyro game again and nobody else jumped on the remake bandwagon except for ****ing SpongeBob. So much for my favorite genre coming back. Now I’ll have to dredge through the indie market and Mario to get my fix.
At least the new Ratchet and Clank is looking excellent.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not gonna lie I still have no clue how to get to Red Space.
Will explain how later, still need some rest tho.

And don't think I found it on my own, 'cuz when you see how to get there, you be like "wait, how did someone found this??"

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Will explain how later, still need some rest tho.

And don't think I found it on my own, 'cuz when you see how to get there, you be like "wait, how did someone found this??"
Nah, don't worry about it. Just found it online. I knew you could enter Red Space, I just had no idea how. But hey, I'll try that next time I play.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah, don't worry about it. Just found it online. I knew you could enter Red Space, I just had no idea how. But hey, I'll try that next time I play.
Yeah, just let you know that the Red Space in the Sunny Route is different from the one in the Omori Route. In fact you can only access the version i'm talking (as well as a glitched/creepy version of Junkyard in the Dock area) by doing those steps (took from the Wiki)
  1. Ensure you are on the TRUE ROUTE, as this won't work otherwise.
  2. Progress through BLACK SPACE normally up to the BACKYARD AREA.
  3. Pick up SOMETHING on top of the stump, then go get the key.
  4. Instead of going to the left afterwards, go back to the right.
  5. Wait until SOMETHING says "SUNNY... I love you..." fifteen times.
  6. Jump off the cliff.
  7. Walk upwards until you see a strange building, then enter it.
  8. You'll be at THE DOCKS now. From now on, the screen will occasionally glitch out and fill with static. This is a side effect of being in BLACK SPACE 2 when you're not supposed to be. You'll have to be patient and only progress when you can see what you're doing, or already know where to go.
  9. Head upwards and to the right, across the body of water. You'll see a swing set and a door. If you don't see these at this point, you're either not on the TRUE ROUTE, or went the wrong way.
  10. Enter the door.
There's also other way to access to Black Space 2 in the Sunny Route, but I won't go there atm.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I guess Beenox is left to take the brunt of any Crash and Spyro projects Activision might undertake. Maybe they’ll set up a new studio for it.... but.... Crash... Spyro.... are they really gone again? So soon? This just... sucks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
One more thing Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Won't spoil it what happen, but after you do what I explained, OPEN THE DOOR.

You understand in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom