• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I guess Beenox is left to take the brunt of any Crash and Spyro projects Activision might undertake. Maybe they’ll set up a new studio for it.... but.... Crash... Spyro.... are they really gone again? So soon? This just... sucks.
If they want to make a new game just get a different developer for it.

Its not that weird.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Because this could very well mean the end of Crash and Spyro AGAIN. The platformer renaissance strangled in its crib! This is horrible horrible news for just the games industry in general!
Activision only cares about a game that's played almost exclusively by screeching 12-year old boys yelling at each other and trying to be edgy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Activision only cares about a game that's played almost exclusively by screeching 12-year old boys yelling at each other and trying to be edgy.
Okay.... so? Just because you expect it doesn’t mean it’s a good thing! Like why are people just so laissez-faire about this! This is horrible! We’re back to a decreased variety standard in the games industry! We need to make a stink about it if we want reality to change!

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Okay.... so? Just because you expect it doesn’t mean it’s a good thing! Like why are people just so laissez-faire about this! This is horrible! We’re back to a decreased variety standard in the games industry! We need to make a stink about it if we want reality to change!
Activision is one of those companies that doesn't care! They don't listen to their fans.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
im gonna tweet at activision and say " please don't kill toys for bob". they'll be like "damm, this kid with 5 followers has a point" and instantly scrap COD and make crash 4 3.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
**** all of you. All of you are just sitting back and letting this happen because you’ve decided not caring at all is better for you. You’re okay with the over abundance of CoD and Dark Sould clones so you don’t care if other genres go extinct. So you don’t raise your voice. And as a result, the world never changes be the voice of those who genuinely want things to be different doesn’t get the extra volume it needs to stand out.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
**** all of you. All of you are just sitting back and letting this happen because you’ve decided not caring at all is better for you. You’re okay with the over abundance of CoD and Dark Sould clones so you don’t care if other genres go extinct. So you don’t raise your voice. And as a result, the world never changes be the voice of those who genuinely want things to be different doesn’t get the extra volume it needs to stand out.
My voice is irrelevant. Why waste time screaming into the void, when doing nothing achieves an identical result?

Noipoi

Howdy!
The reason platformers have died AGAIN is not because of these big companies but because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
It’s ****ing video games, Snake.

1. Platformers aren’t dead you dingus. Yes the future of Crash and Spyro is more uncertain, but the genre as a whole will be fine.

2. This is a really immature (and untrue) statement, driven purely by your petulant and childish rage because people aren’t as mad as you over video games.

You’re a grown woman. Arguing with a teenager over Call of Duty. This isn’t some big issue that needs to be addressed for society to improve, it’s video games.

I really can’t stand your behavior sometimes.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s ****ing video games, Snake.

1. Platformers aren’t dead you dingus. Yes the future of Crash and Spyro is more uncertain, but the genre as a whole will be fine.

2. This is a really immature (and untrue) statement, driven purely by your petulant and childish rage because people aren’t as mad as you over video games.

You’re a grown woman. Arguing with a teenager over Call of Duty. This isn’t some big issue that needs to be addressed for society to improve, it’s video games.

I really can’t stand you sometimes. You never cease to be obnoxious.
1. They haven't been fine for the last decade. Why would they be fine now when the only major projects from the big companies, the ones that validate the genre's existence, have either failed or been killed?
2. The fact that people aren't upset is and should be upsetting. We have the voices to make change in the world. But we don't. Because bottom line, it doesn't effect us. It's true for video games, social issues, all of the injustices of the world, it's that way for everything. I'm not upset because people aren't upset about video games. I'm upset because people are never upset about ANYTHING.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Snake, if I were you, I take a break from the computer and do something relaxing and/or make you more happy.

Like listening to a chill ost, drinking waters, taking a nap or what have you.

Not sayin' it will work perfectly, but I say it's better than getting angry over video games & calling peoples name and whatnot.

It's not the first time this happen, but that doesn't mean you can't stop it before it get worse.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not upset because people aren't upset about video games. I'm upset because people are never upset about ANYTHING.
And yet, instead of being the change you want to see in the world. You’re yelling and swearing at kids on an obscure message board for a Nintendo fighting game.

Perhaps you are no better than the people you’re angry at.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hate it here. No Spyro 4. No Crash 5. No new Tony Hawk game. Just Call of Duty. **** Activision, I really hate you now.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m going to double post just this once as a mod to say this.

For the record this isn’t an us problem. This is an industry problem. A corporate problem. We showed our love for Crash and celebrated him when he returned and have been happy that his and Spyro’s, and even Tony Hawk’s future looked bright. But no matter what none of those games were going to be as profitable as Call of Duty. There’s nothing any of us could do about it.

There’s no reason to go at each other over something so trivial either. Dial it down. The future is uncertain, for sure, but Platformers aren’t dead and, with enough vocal outcry, hopefully Crash isn’t either.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m going to double post just this once as a mod to say this.

For the record this isn’t an us problem. This is an industry problem. A corporate problem. We showed our love for Crash and celebrated him when he returned and have been happy that his and Spyro’s, and even Tony Hawk’s future looked bright. But no matter what none of those games were going to be as profitable as Call of Duty. There’s nothing any of us could do about it.

There’s no reason to go at each other over something so trivial either. Dial it down. The future is uncertain, for sure, but Platformers aren’t dead and, with enough vocal outcry, hopefully Crash isn’t either.
You know uncertainty means the worst possible thing will happen? Or have you not been living on the same planet as me for the last 20 years.

I'll go. I'll feel my emotions in private until my brain can't produce the upset chemicals anymore like I always do and I'll come back in a few hours hopefully happier and try desperately to be feel included again like I always do.

The world sucks. And nobody wants to change it.

D

Deleted member

jeez dude, chill out a bit.

I don't know why you're blaming all of us when we practically speaking have no control over any of this. :073:

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Calm the hell down, man!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I haven't gotten Snap yet. I lack about $5 due to tax, so I'm gonna have to wait until I'm done moving into the new apartment before I get it. Which will be nice cause I can FINALLY grab my big TV and hook my Switch up to that, so I'll be able to fully enjoy playing Snap without sight problems.

I'll be able to play most of my library of games better once I get that TV back.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The decisions are already made. Everyone already knows Activision is a cold, ****ty, profit-obsessed organization, so this information is upsetting but not surprising. The people who wanted the games bought the games. It's not the faults of the people who don't really care about those titles or those who decided a better use of their funds, which may have been in limited supply, were better spent elsewhere.

It's not the fans' fault, because Crash 4 sold well enough to not herald the end of the series. So yelling at us isn't going to do anything. Those who cared tried, those who didn't... it's not their obligation to care. It's not the devs fault. They made, from my understanding, quite a good game. It's Activision's fault, because they see everything less than a massive blockbuster as a waste of resources, and are single-minded in their pursuit of profit, funnelling virtually all their manpower into a single annual IP. Some people like Activision's games, but no one likes Activision.

What do you want us to do? Scream at a company that doesn't care? Add more vitriol to the situation and naively expect a change? Toys for Bob has already been relegated to CoD support. Beenox probably will be too. It's a ****ty situation but having a tantrum isn't going to move the needle. Take it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom