• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have the song “Daydreamin” from the original Scooby Doo stuck in my head and I think I understand the song’s message behind all the ostriches it mentions.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You won’t because there’s nothing really backing these characters aside from gut feelings and echo chambers.

And the fact that I don’t have a dog
Well... Crash just got a new game this year, Activision has realy been trying to push him, he was surprisingly popular in Japan for a western character, and there was that Activision gameplan that was leaked if you are willing to take more dubious evidence.

I will say that my Lloyd/Yuri thing is completely a gut feeling though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Is it sad that I'm looking at train stations?

Also we getting Crash and someone else...........................................................................what I believe anyways.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well... Crash just got a new game this year,
Too late for it too affect his possible inclusion.
Activision has realy been trying to push him, he was surprisingly popular in Japan for a western character,

these are both true, but not enough to warrant a spot in smash.

and there was that Activision gameplan that was leaked if you are willing to take more dubious evidence.
That was a list of things they wanted to happen, not a calendar of upcoming events.

I’m not saying I don’t want Crash, I’d absolutely love to see him in smash. But I’m gonna need some real evidence before I outright believe he’s coming, and Reddit shouting about the same pool of five characters isn’t enough. As it stands I just don’t think it’s happening. But I’d love to be proven wrong.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If I had to take a guess as to who is next, I’m feeling confident one of the last two could be Reimu from Touhou Project.

The other is a wildcard.
Is it sad that I'm looking at train stations?
Train Stations always have some sort of cool art piece so I think it’s neat.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think one of them of Chief. Like I really do. Something big is happening between Nintendo and Microsoft and I’m betting it’s more than just a port or two on Switch. I’m thinking it could be like Game Pass itself and what better way to seal that deal than to put the headliner of the game pass in Smash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is the only one I have a rebuttable to. And it's just to point out the relationship to Byleth and his title's release.

Not to mention, Crash 4's switch port happened only recently.
That’s different though. He’s a Nintendo character, it wouldn’t be hard to cram him in, even before his game is out.

Third parties require much more discussion. And Activision is notoriously hard to work with.

And, by the time Crash would have been chosen for FP2, I believe it would have been around late 2019.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I think one of them of Chief. Like I really do. Something big is happening between Nintendo and Microsoft and I’m betting it’s more than just a port or two on Switch. I’m thinking it could be like Game Pass itself and what better way to seal that deal than to put the headliner of the game pass in Smash.
What if Chief is the bonus fighter revealed by that website leak and you only get him if you buy Xbox Game Pass on Switch.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Chief would be badass.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
That’s different though. He’s a Nintendo character, it wouldn’t be hard to cram him in, even before his game is out.

Third parties require much more discussion. And Activision is notoriously hard to work with.

And, by the time Crash would have been chosen for FP2, I believe it would have been around late 2019.
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo tried to work with Activision and ultimately called it quits.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Trilogy will be complete.

2019: Banjo & Kazooie
2020: Steve
2021: Master Chief

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

First time I've heard about it.

God this reminds me so much of the Banjo discussions before his reveal. You'd think we'd have learned some sort of lesson from that. Something about how we don't actually know anything about how these companies work and can't really make any comments on what will or won't happen because we're missing critical information not available to the public.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.

God this reminds me so much of the Banjo discussions before his reveal. You'd think we'd have learned some sort of lesson from that. Something about how we don't actually know anything about how these companies work and can't really make any comments on what will or won't happen because we're missing critical information not available to the public.
Surprised? Remember when Activision wanted to make a Crash Bandicoot cartoon on Amazon? It ended up getting cancelled, for Activision wanted more or full creative control over it, something like that.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As far as my predictions are given the current talk.

Double reveal in June.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christin, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Nightmare, Yuri Lowell, etc.)
CP11: Master Chief

Swordfighter character releases June.

Master Chief releases September-October.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Hey like I said, I don’t think it’s impossible. I just think there’s more at play here than most people realize, several factors that could impede Crash’s inclusion, and it’s not a sure thing like the current fandom would have you believe. As much as I’d like it to be.

Hero, Banjo, and Terry we could all see coming. Thanks to a variety of circumstances. Those circumstances haven’t repeated, and we’ve been in the dark since late 2019. None of us know what’s coming next, and there are no real hints for us to turn to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom