• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

You know, I prefer the finale of Monsterverse called "Godzilla: Titanomachy" if there was one.

Don't ask why I want to call it that instead of Destroy all Monsters which is kind of boring...
I think the name fits well due to Godzilla and the others are known as Titans which is ironic.
That's actually a really fitting and thematic title.

D

Deleted member

Carrot is not a part of the crew. She's just tagged along and allied with them.
I wish she became a permanent fixture of the crew tbh. She definitely had that personality that fits right in with the Straw Hats.

Although that same arc she tagged along with did lead to Jimbe officially joining the crew so I can’t exactly complain too much.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Got my first dose of the vaccine. Arm's a little sore, but I'm okay.

...please do your part to help end this pandemic.
Getting my shot on Thursday.

I'll brace for potential side effects and might even feel like a ***** but in the end it'll be worth it and just have to suck it up.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tonight Raya and the Last Dragon.

Apparently heard of it being one of Disney's weaker movies of this generation but gonna judge it based off my opinion and nothing more.

osby

Smash Obsessed
the guy on the right looks like he’d kick sand in my face and steal my girlfriend so no I do not think I will dance with them.
Franky is a sweetheart and is into older women anyway so he's not gonna do that.

Well the guy on the left would be a racist caricature if you darkened his skin tone and
So... he's not a racist caricature? Not sure what to make out of this comment, this is like looking at a female character and saying they'd be a gay stereotype if she was a guy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got my first dose of the vaccine. Arm's a little sore, but I'm okay.

...please do your part to help end this pandemic.
Hopefully I'll be able to get my first dose soon.

Although it may be a pain to get, because I'm technically eligable to get it in one state(the state I work in) but I'm pretty sure they haven't fully rolled out the vaccines in my home state yet.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So the spider (Which in honestly looks more like a crustacean) and lizard seen in Godzilla vs. Kong in the hollow earth are apparently among the same critters seen in Peter Jackson's King Kong.

In other news too. There's gonna be a MonsterVerse themed ride.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Franky is a sweetheart and is into older women anyway so he's not gonna do that.

So... he's not a racist caricature? Not sure what to make out of this comment, this is like looking at a female character and saying they'd be a gay stereotype if she was a guy.
That style of lip is just off putting on anyone.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Oh god I realized today is the cursed Homestuck day.

I'm not saying you should read Homestuck but the soundtrack is marvelous, Toby Fox worked on it for petes sake.

Megalovania is in it

There are also some other complete bangers

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
It's been awhile, but I finally picked up 3D World. Pretty late to the party, but I'm bored in class so thought I might also well write my thoughts on Bowser's Fury if anyone cares to read.

Change absolutely embodies the entire experience. And not just because it's open world now. Completing missions actively opens up even small parts of the map and changes old ones. This is especially apparent if you die right after completing something, when you respawn you might find an entirely new mission available for you.

The star of the show and the prime example of this is of course, Bowser. His appearance opens up so many new gameplay opportunities. Missions become harder, or sometimes, easier by his appearance. Maybe you want to try and break as many Bowser blocks while he's active, or maybe you want to try and make him go away as soon as possible. Maybe you should bail from what you were doing or maybe you should stick around and just deal with Bowser. The choice this game offers to you is what truly makes it interesting.

It reminds me of botw, how you have a central threat that you're trying to take down. But in that game Ganon was just a potato waiting for you. Bowser actually wants to fight you off. The fact that making him go away slightly decreases his health bar is the perfect addition, you never feel like you're forced to use the super bell because even completing missions still hurts him. This tug of war makes Bowser feel like a constent threat but gives you just enough power to not make you feel powerless. It's sorta like happy Majora's Mask.

The only real problem I have is how short it is. I beat it in my first sitting and am purposely saving 100%ing it until I beat 3D World. The only positive trade off from this is, with all the variety and choice implanted into the experience, Bowser's Fury is probably one of the most replayable Mario games yet.

I can't imagine an entire Mario game taking place in one world, but a game with around 5 levels each the size of Bowser's Fury would be interesting. Odyssey scratched the surface with how the Sand Kingdom starts freezed over before becoming a normal desert. If every level had the change and variety as deep as Bowser's Fury with the context of Mario Odyssey, it could make for the best Mario game yet.

TLDR: It's excellent and presents a very exciting demo for what we could see from the next game in the franchise.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It made me legit curious about the idea and concept of how a Disney animated film based on Godzilla or King Kong would turn out.

Though given Gamera's status of being Friend of all Children probably would make him a more appropriate choice and also curious how such a film like that would be. Probably revolve something similar to Gamera the Brave only perhaps Gamera makes a spiritual bond with said child like he did with Asagi.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It made me legit curious about the idea and concept of how a Disney animated film based on Godzilla or King Kong would turn out.

Though given Gamera's status of being Friend of all Children probably would make him a more appropriate choice and also curious how such a film like that would be. Probably revolve something similar to Gamera the Brave only perhaps Gamera makes a spiritual bond with said child like he did with Asagi.
I still can’t believe Gamera didn’t turn up as the Wonder Woman in this BvS

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still can’t believe Gamera didn’t turn up as the Wonder Woman in this BvS
To be honest, I'm not and even then aside from the Vs. title as with a few others like Alien vs. Predator and Freddy vs. Jason the only thing Godzilla vs. Kong had similar to Batman vs. Superman was the whole
Zod-Doomsday and King Ghidorah-Mechagodzilla angle. Even then Godzilla's and Kong's reason for teaming up is different and well-executed.

While I don't expect Gamera to ever appear in the MonsterVerse, it's honestly far from impossible as 10 years ago we would have thought K. Rool and Banjo never would have gotten in. Especially with how many kaiju fans like myself wants Gamera and Godzilla to appear in a film together eventually whether the MonsterVerse or their own Vs. film. I feel it's inevitable, not something happening anytime soon but a possilibity in the future especially given Toho aren't who they used to be 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What in the world did I stumble upon.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Honestly the funniest part about this is that it's true. If you compare their respective five year peaks, Big Chungus hit far greater heights than Bugs himself.

No matter your opinion on the meme, it's arguable that Big Chungus was the most culturally relevant thing the Looney Tunes have had happen to them in years.
Screenshot_20210413-101624~2.png

Or...at least until the Space Jam sequel comes out, lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly the funniest part about this is that it's true. If you compare their respective five year peaks, Big Chungus hit far greater heights than Bugs himself.

No matter your opinion on the meme, it's arguable that Big Chungus was the most culturally relevant thing the Looney Tunes have had happen to them in years.

Or...at least until the Space Jam sequel comes out, lol.
You know what?

**** it.

Big Chungus for Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom