• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know jack about what you're talking about but I feel like there's a difference with a cartoon character in a children show doing no-no stuff and characters/monsters doing no-no stuff in movie intented for adults.
Apparently Pepe le Pew was removed from Space Jam: A New Legacy due to the nature of his character, people thinking he represents the r word (Can't say it since it gets censored), and yet this film proceeds to feature the following two I mentioned, one of the two, in this case, the cast of The Clockwork Orange who actually commits that crime.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Apparently Pepe le Pew was removed from Space Jam: A New Legacy due to the nature of his character, people thinking he represents the r word (Can't say it since it gets censored), and yet this film proceeds to feature the following two I mentioned, one of the two, in this case, the cast of The Clockwork Orange who actually commits that crime.
Wait, when did Pew le Pew **** someone?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He never has, that's my point. It seems cancel culture or people revolving around it think that's what he represents apparently despite never actually having committed it.

Why I think this whole removal of his character was utterly idiotic and pointless if they proceed to add the following two I mentioned before.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Never. But he did have some serious boundary issues.

I don’t really care that much that they took him out, it’s not like he’s the funniest looney toon. But you can’t do that and then add a literal gang of murderous sexual predators into the movie.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The real reason those don't want to be with Pepe le Pew is because he's a god damn skunk. It's his smell that drives Penelope Cat away from him.

That's the point and joke of his character in the segments he's featured in, that and him being supposedly this ladies man.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah but those two characters are obviously bad peoples, and everyone know that.

I don't know much about Pepe to make a call here, but i'm assuming he isn't a vilain all the time, which make his case more grey if anything.

Idk tho, not my call here to say if it's a bad thing or not

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Just downloaded Juice Galaxy and I might try it.

For those who don't know what is it:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I mean, memes existed before the internet. Stupid 5 second digestable jokes have been in newspapers, books, and other media for centuries.
View attachment 311099
This is one from the 1920s.
How does this image from nearly a century ago have the same energy as something i can pull out of my facebook group chat?

The real reason those don't want to be with Pepe le Pew is because he's a god damn skunk.
Wait a minute.

Oh my god that is the joke. lol

Same tbh.

It was one of those shows that was so stupid sometimes, it just worked.
I know right? That''s what i found so funny, it's so stupid that it circles back to being genuinely funny.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don’t mind memes being recognized if they’re relevant to the series itself, like Spiderverse incorporating 60’s memes or I could digest Big Chungus in Space Jam over something like Pineapple Apple Pen in Emoji movie (Not like the movie would’ve been better if it wasn’t there).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The big issue with Pepe is that he didn't know how to respect boundries at all and never really got negative reprecussions, which is definitely not something that you want to show to a highly impressionable audience.
Well they shouldn't be removing him then if they then proceed to add child eater Pennywise and the cast of Clockwork Orange into the crowd in this case. That makes it hypocritical.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Its existence led to the creation of this slapping remix of Bonetrousle.
That's the correct answer. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
I am going with what Noipoi said so I can be told otherwise. :troll:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think there might be a difference between actual characters with speaking roles versus background cameos.
I mean if this was the case why couldn't they have just made Pepe a background character then as well or at the very least a cameo.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The real reason those don't want to be with Pepe le Pew is because he's a god damn skunk. It's his smell that drives Penelope Cat away from him.

That's the point and joke of his character in the segments he's featured in, that and him being supposedly this ladies man.
I get it, it because due to skunks smelling pretty bad in real life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom