• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well they shouldn't be removing him then if they then proceed to add child eater Pennywise and the cast of Clockwork Orange into the crowd in this case. That makes it hypocritical.
I mean I feel like there’s a difference between a background cameo and someone who’d be on the main team, still it’s not an easy thing to debate.

The big issue with Pepe is that he didn't know how to respect boundries at all and never really got negative reprecussions, which is definitely not something that you want to show to a highly impressionable audience.
Well he did get repercussions usually in that the tables were turned, though YMMV on if this was enough

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well they shouldn't be removing him then if they then proceed to add child eater Pennywise and the cast of Clockwork Orange into the crowd in this case. That makes it hypocritical.
Those characters are portrayed as antagonists. Pepe is portrayed as a protagonist. That's the inherent issue.

There's nothing hypocritical about it. The entire "joke" with Pepe Le Pew is that despite constant rejection from the subjects of his advances, he'd keep pushing himself onto them, and then never got any comeuppance for it. The protagonist of a children's cartoon being a serial sexual harasser is much worse than antagonists of adult-targeted films doing things typical of antagonists of adult-targeted films.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The real reason those don't want to be with Pepe le Pew is because he's a god damn skunk. It's his smell that drives Penelope Cat away from him.

That's the point and joke of his character in the segments he's featured in, that and him being supposedly this ladies man.
I mean him being overly touchy and kissy and saying stuff like “making sweet love” and assuming she’s playing hard to get doesn’t really help his case...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Those characters are portrayed as antagonists. Pepe is portrayed as a protagonist. That's the inherent issue.

There's nothing hypocritical about it. The entire "joke" with Pepe Le Pew is that despite constant rejection from the subjects of his advances, he'd keep pushing himself onto them, and then never got any comeuppance for it. The protagonist of a children's cartoon being a serial sexual harasser is much worse than antagonists of adult-targeted films doing things typical of antagonists of adult-targeted films.
I've never seen A Clockwork Orange but i was under the impression the cast were villain protagonists yes?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You know, I want the Player from Juice Galaxy as a fighter.
The_Player.png

Player could have lots of moveset potential using his/her/their many weapons:
  • Morningstar
  • Rune Longsword
  • Shovel
  • Baseball Bat
  • Plunger
  • Frozen Pizza (Defies the laws of physics and used as a throwing weapon)
  • Boombox
  • Flamberge
  • Draginslayer (A giant blade which is a reference to Berserk)
  • Ordinary Pineapple (that can shoot exploding projectiles)
  • Rubber Ball Cannon
  • FrizzX (A can that sprays out fire)
  • Wand of Kinesis
  • Good Juice (Can heal them)
  • Holy Hammer
  • Fail Flail (Not even a weapon)
  • Sting Missile Launcher (Fires out homing Wawsps which are wasp enemies)
  • Raptorial Blade
I might do a support thread very soon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've never seen A Clockwork Orange but i was under the impression the cast were the main protagonists yet antagonists at the same time yes?
No, if it's the star of the film then the term would be a villain protagonist.

Either way it doesn't really matter though, because A Clockwork Orange isn't a children's cartoon like how The Looney Tunes are.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The joke didn't really relate to what was said, though.

It just comes across as random more than anything.
Yeah, random was what I was trying to be. And it was about mothers, so it kinda related in a way.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, random was what I was trying to be. And it was about mother’s, so it kinda related in a way.
Think you still need some work on your timing & setup, amigo.

'cuz if you have to explain the joke, well, it's kinda super dead at this point.

Mind you, i'm no master of comedy, we all make mistakes, and mistakes is what push us to become better if we try!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
New Indie World Tomorrow

Does this mean a Direct will come after?

Think you still need some work on your timing & setup, amigo.

'cuz if you have to explain the joke, well, it's kinda super dead at this point.

Mind you, i'm no master of comedy, we all make mistakes, and mistakes is what push us to become better if we try!
I can live with that. Humor was actually not what I was trying to accomplish. I was just having an out of the blue moment.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You guys were talking about Pepe le Pew earlier and it made me curious about his original skits, because I remembered who the character was but not his actual cartoons. So I looked it up and--
After so much abuse (being thrown out of a store, shooed from a house, and attacked by dogs), an orange cat decides he has got to do something about it. Thinking that it would make things easier, the cat disguises himself as a skunk using paint and smelly substances. Although he is successful in keeping his tormentors at bay, he accidentally attracts the unwanted attention of a real skunk, "Henri".

The cat runs from him and hides in a tree, where the skunk then appears out of nowhere. The cat runs into town, grabs a skunk fur, then runs to a silo, from which he threatens to jump if the skunk gets any closer. The cat throws the skunk fur from the top of the silo, hoping to decoy the skunk. But as the cat sneaks down the steps, Henri realizes that the fur is just a fur, and resumes pursuing the cat. Continuing to run, the cat accidentally brings a dog into the mix, then tries a Bugs Bunny costume to fool Henri. But the disguise does not work, as the skunk pulls the rabbit head off to reveal the cat.

Once the cat is tired and worn out, Henri cuddles with him until someone interrupts; it turns out to be the skunk's wife and two kids. Standing in disbelief, Henri claims he was only "wiping a cinder from a lady's eye," but she, still thinking that he is cheating on her with someone else begins to repeatedly beat him on the head with her umbrella as the cat crawls away to escape and remove all of the paint and smell. The cat realizes that he would rather endure the abuse than be with a smelly skunk.
Man. :pcfire:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
How does Ryu keep getting into crossover even though he is basically homeless??

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
D

Deleted member

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero