• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thought I'd make this post as well. It's a long read but I thought I'd feel a bit better with talking about it.

So it hasn't even been 12 hours since my dog passed and 10 hours since I found out (I'm gonna explain that) he died. However I don't know how I'm gonna get over this fully but for now I'll try and write out how I feel since that is what I'm good at.

So here goes and it's a long one but a few of you guys have read my story pieces so I ask to read this whirlpool of how I feel having went through today. I'm still crying like and it's a bit traumatic for me but this is how I can try and cope:

So after having a night of worry but trying to make gains in my story I checked my dog at 4am and his breathing was shallow and his paws were cold. I was anxious but I was hoping a few more days for him to live. Six months if he bounces back.

I went to sleep and woke up at 7:30am after hearing the front door close with my dad heading to work. Me and my disowned brother through my dad agreed that I'll look after him in the afternoon and my brother will look after him in the morning. I had to go out anyways for an errand and I couldn't sleep because of how worried I was of the dog who got worse.

So 8:30 I went out but I spent 10 minutes petting him and such. He was sitting up which was a good sign but I was wrong. That was the last time I saw him alive which freaks me out.

So after stopping by the shopkeeper guy and talked to him and his friend for a while I cycled an hour all the way to a place I've been as a kid. 15 miles and did it because I was running away from the fact that he was dying and I feel guilty. I kept hoping a few more days, a few more days and that would bounce back

Roughly 12pm when I was starting to cycle back home, he died. My best friend of almost 15 years died. He had a seizure and died. We don't know the exact cause but the dog coroner said he probably drank paint water by accident. Which would explain why he died over a few days.

1:30pm I was cycling down into my street and saw my dad's car. I was in denial. Threw my bike to the side of the pavement, went in via the back-door and I got the nod from my dad. My dog passed and like nothing later I started crying and crying and for the past 9 hours I've almost non-stop crying.

I saw my dog passed away on the carpet and that image is now burned into my memory. It's horrible my friends. Nothing feels more mentally ****ed than seeing someone you love dead.

Then we went to the vet's to be verified of death and I spent 10 minutes with my dad crying and hoping that I can see him again in another life and I've barely stopped crying.

The worst thing is basically trying to get rid of that instinct that has been built into you for almost 15 years to pet him or give him food or whatnot. Even worse having autism.

Also my best friend made a very bad joke that was insensitive and so another of my friends spent an hour shouting down the phone telling his ass off. He has apologised.

I'm terrified. I've lost my source of emotional support in a house where I can't get along with anyone and I'm wondering how I get out of this. So I think I might move out. Out of sight and out of mind. I'm going into bereavement counselling for a few weeks to help me through. And my siblings disowned me and my dad doesn't really get along with me. I'm worried about myself.

The thing I'm regretful the most? I never recorded his barking or even video footage except for some five seconds.

While I have thought of ways to cope in the short and medium term like getting a plushie of his breed, hang his collar on the wall, have his trinkets in a box, and I'm gonna name a character in my story after him.

In the long term once I have fully overcame my grief to get a new dog. He/she won't be him but he/she would help start a new era of my life. My dad is against having a pet but I'll beg that I'll fully take care of it.

Plus I think I am ready.

And really to everyone here but I owe it so much and I ask to keep me in check while I go through this hardest time of my life so far. Most of yous are good people.

I just can't believe he is gone. Almost 15 years and he died today. And as planned gonna reduce my presence.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Work in progress concept art time. Still deciding on aspects of her design.
1618266780734.png

This Nickolodeon slime girl lookin' thing is basically a joke boss for the game me and my pals are making. She's a failed attempt at creating an artificial, ruthless killer, so instead of being smart and cunning, she's just goofy, and clumsy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that Cloud is named... well... Cloud, when he has nobsort of weather based abilities? Like, most other FF characters just have... names. Weird Fantasy names, but names. I don’t mean in the lore I mean from a design perspective. Why would they think to name him Cloud when he has nothing to do with them or their abilities.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that Cloud is named... well... Cloud, when he has nobsort of weather based abilities? Like, most other FF characters just have... names. Weird Fantasy names, but names. I don’t mean in the lore I mean from a design perspective. Why would they think to name him Cloud when he has nothing to do with them or their abilities.
His mother wanted him to reach for the stars but figured he'd only get halfway there.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
To be fair, who names their kid “Sephiroth”?

D

Deleted member

I know nobody’s even gonna know what this is but I remembered this existed and man, it brings back memories.
too bad it’s lost media now so I can’t even go back and do a nostalgia run on it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, there's a character named Barret Wallace but I'm not seeing a Gromit.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Thought I'd make this post as well. It's a long read but I thought I'd feel a bit better with talking about it.

So it hasn't even been 12 hours since my dog passed and 10 hours since I found out (I'm gonna explain that) he died. However I don't know how I'm gonna get over this fully but for now I'll try and write out how I feel since that is what I'm good at.

So here goes and it's a long one but a few of you guys have read my story pieces so I ask to read this whirlpool of how I feel having went through today. I'm still crying like and it's a bit traumatic for me but this is how I can try and cope:

So after having a night of worry but trying to make gains in my story I checked my dog at 4am and his breathing was shallow and his paws were cold. I was anxious but I was hoping a few more days for him to live. Six months if he bounces back.

I went to sleep and woke up at 7:30am after hearing the front door close with my dad heading to work. Me and my disowned brother through my dad agreed that I'll look after him in the afternoon and my brother will look after him in the morning. I had to go out anyways for an errand and I couldn't sleep because of how worried I was of the dog who got worse.

So 8:30 I went out but I spent 10 minutes petting him and such. He was sitting up which was a good sign but I was wrong. That was the last time I saw him alive which freaks me out.

So after stopping by the shopkeeper guy and talked to him and his friend for a while I cycled an hour all the way to a place I've been as a kid. 15 miles and did it because I was running away from the fact that he was dying and I feel guilty. I kept hoping a few more days, a few more days and that would bounce back

Roughly 12pm when I was starting to cycle back home, he died. My best friend of almost 15 years died. He had a seizure and died. We don't know the exact cause but the dog coroner said he probably drank paint water by accident. Which would explain why he died over a few days.

1:30pm I was cycling down into my street and saw my dad's car. I was in denial. Threw my bike to the side of the pavement, went in via the back-door and I got the nod from my dad. My dog passed and like nothing later I started crying and crying and for the past 9 hours I've almost non-stop crying.

I saw my dog passed away on the carpet and that image is now burned into my memory. It's horrible my friends. Nothing feels more mentally ****ed than seeing someone you love dead.

Then we went to the vet's to be verified of death and I spent 10 minutes with my dad crying and hoping that I can see him again in another life and I've barely stopped crying.

The worst thing is basically trying to get rid of that instinct that has been built into you for almost 15 years to pet him or give him food or whatnot. Even worse having autism.

Also my best friend made a very bad joke that was insensitive and so another of my friends spent an hour shouting down the phone telling his ass off. He has apologised.

I'm terrified. I've lost my source of emotional support in a house where I can't get along with anyone and I'm wondering how I get out of this. So I think I might move out. Out of sight and out of mind. I'm going into bereavement counselling for a few weeks to help me through. And my siblings disowned me and my dad doesn't really get along with me. I'm worried about myself.

The thing I'm regretful the most? I never recorded his barking or even video footage except for some five seconds.

While I have thought of ways to cope in the short and medium term like getting a plushie of his breed, hang his collar on the wall, have his trinkets in a box, and I'm gonna name a character in my story after him.

In the long term once I have fully overcame my grief to get a new dog. He/she won't be him but he/she would help start a new era of my life. My dad is against having a pet but I'll beg that I'll fully take care of it.

Plus I think I am ready.

And really to everyone here but I owe it so much and I ask to keep me in check while I go through this hardest time of my life so far. Most of yous are good people.

I just can't believe he is gone. Almost 15 years and he died today. And as planned gonna reduce my presence.
Just know that we're here for you if you need us, man.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Incredible find! I would of liked to see a human in a Star Fox game. Not sure they’d fit in, though.
So far the closest we've seen is the Star Fox crossover in the human-filled Starlink: Battle for Atlas.

The Stair Fax team are short in that game :p

1618274042060.png

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
McDonald’s employee: Ice cream machine broke

Cloud:
In fairness, Sephiroth would totally break into a specific McDonalds that he somehow orchestrated Cloud to visit someday just so he could break the ice cream machine that Cloud wanted to buy ice cream from.

D

Deleted member

"What we have to consider first is not the number of enemies, but the number of people we have to protect - don't you think so?”
-Fujitora

probably one of my favorite quotes in One Piece, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom