• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just downloaded the free trial of Final Fantasy XIV that lets you play all the way to level 60 and includes A Realm Reborn AND the award winning Heavensward expansion.

What kind of character do you think I should build for myself?
What's your general playstyle? Like, what do you prefer to do when fighting an enemy? Do you approach and just whale on em until it's dead, or prefer to attack from afar?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Guys. My dog passed away. One of my best friends passed at 14 years old and 8 momths.

Just thought that I'd pass the news here. This is the worst day of my life.

I can't stop crying. Gonna take a bit of time off the forums.
I'm so sorry.

I lost one of my cats that I thought the world of a few years ago and I was a ****ing mess for a few days because of it, so I have an idea of what you're going through. Probably not nearly the same impact as losing a man's best friend, especially one who's been with you for over a decade, but yeah. At least he passed on knowing that he was loved to pieces by you.

D

Deleted member

I prefer to attack up close, but I also like having elemental magic of all varieties at my disposal for exploiting weaknesses.
Every mmo I've played has had a elemental mage class in some shape or form so you should be well off in that regard.

Although I haven't played enough of FF XIV to get a good feel for the classes, I think there's a few mage classes. There's the obligatory healer support class(Conjurer), the more specialized healer that can also be a decent hitter(Arcanist) and then the raw DPS mage in the Thaumaturge. Although I think XIV is unique in that you can upgrade your class through a specific path of better classes(the only system that feels similar is Aura Kingdom's dual weapon thing), so you're not stuck with just the healer class or the DPS mage the whole way through.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think it’s funny how “Gotta go fast” is widely considered to be Sonic’s catchphrase. Even though he’s never said it in any game.
Lego Dimensions Sonic did as one of many lines when he entered the game, so he technically did say it in a game, just never any of his own.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I picked up my wrist band for this weekend's convention. :b:

Apparently the ticket I bought for the canceled 2020 convention didn't get canceled despite me requesting it (2020 tickets that weren't canceled were automatically carried over for this year). Thankfully I got a refund for it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I want Sonic to keep calling Dr. Eggman Baldy McNosehair so that Eggman has another mental breakdown and changes his name to Baldy McNosehair.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I picked up my wrist band for this weekend's convention. :b:

Apparently the ticket I bought for the canceled 2020 convention didn't get canceled despite me requesting it (2020 tickets that weren't canceled were automatically carried over for this year). Thankfully I got a refund for it.
One of these days I want to go to a convention myself.

But yknow, I don't have any mode of transport.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also 20 full boxes of Buneary? Jesus- I'm done. I'll do more Shiny breeding later. Right now I have a date with whatever happens to look appetizing in my fridge.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One of these days I want to go to a convention myself.

But yknow, I don't have any mode of transport.
Everyone should try a convention at least once. You'll see cool costumes, buy cool stuff, and maybe get the chance to meet a celebrity there (like me with Charles Martinet)

Thankfully for me this one is only a couple miles away from my place.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why did they start calling Dr. Robotnik Dr. Eggman?
His name was always Eggman in Japan. In the early 90s the Sonic series had different continuities depending on the region. Western Sonic media had a different world and characters then eastern Sonic media.

When Sonic Adventure came out Sega wanted every region to follow the same plot, so Dr. Robotnik became Eggman to the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, for those who know Omori & Deltarune.

Have you found any pics with Aubrey & Susie in it?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So, on the lame side of today, work's making me work a Saturday.

On the radical side, guess who's gonna have extra money to pick up Monster Hunter Rise sooner than originally planned? :nifty:

(Still won't buy it 'till early May, but that's still sooner than waiting for the end of May like I was originally planning, lol)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Guys. My dog passed away. One of my best friends passed at 14 years old and 8 momths.

Just thought that I'd pass the news here. This is the worst day of my life.

I can't stop crying. Gonna take a bit of time off the forums.
Sorry to hear that my friend. I’ll keep y’all in my heart.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Shame the Star Fox 2 characters Miyu & Fay weren't given last names ("Miyu Lynx" and "Fay Spaniel" seen online are fan made).

But we do have a clue on what they could possibly be: In the leaked December 28, 1994 build of the Star Fox 2 prototype, each pilot was given unique designations

Fox McCloud: FM-001
Falco Lombardi: FL-001
Peppy Hare: PH-001
Slippy Toad: ST-001
Miyu: MW-001
Fay: FO-001

This might mean Miyu's last name begins with W and Fay's last name begins with O.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shame the Star Fox 2 characters Miyu & Fay weren't given last names ("Miyu Lynx" and "Fay Spaniel" seen online are fan made).

But we do have a clue on what they could possibly be: In the leaked December 28, 1994 build of the Star Fox prototype, each pilot was given unique designations

Fox McCloud: FM-001
Falco Lombardi: FL-001
Peppy Hare: PH-001
Slippy Toad: ST-001
Miyu: MW-001
Fay: FO-001

This might mean Miyu's last name begins with W and Fay's last name begins with O.
I’m sure you could just ask the former argonaut employees on Twitter or something. If there is an answer they would probably know.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal X, half these names have been made up. These games are god damned ghost towns.
Nah, I still see memes/fanwork here and there, less so Deltarune, but still, there's fanart to find if you look at the right place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom