• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Crash 2 is a more comfortable experience so far.
It is. Death routes and gem paths are hard as **** though. It’s quite easy to 100% too. The first hard level IMO is probably Ruination or Bear Down if you’re not a pro like me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I bought two new games today.....

Or rather........ four?

Yeah, I think it’s about time I try to get back into mainline Pokemon after the whole "Dexit" and "high-quality animations" fiasco burnt me out from it.
And I bought the Mario 3D collection because I might as well have it. Haven’t played Sunshine or Galaxy 1 ( I’ve played the superior DS remake of 64 ) so I'll give them a try and hopefully enjoy them.

D

Deleted member

Today’s training has gone pretty well
BB4092F7-DF55-411C-874F-DAD44061FF4C.jpeg

7AD9F8A3-3866-40CD-90EC-97A02B8BE88D.jpeg

I’ve been assigned a specific group of rides, and the training process for each is basically summed up as “talk for 30-120 minutes about the ride, take a test on what you just learned, if you fail, do it again” and it’s been a pretty fun way of learning ngl.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Or rather........ four?

Yeah, I think it’s about time I try to get back into mainline Pokemon after the whole "Dexit" and "high-quality animations" fiasco burnt me out from it.
And I bought the Mario 3D collection because I might as well have it. Haven’t played Sunshine or Galaxy 1 ( I’ve played the superior DS remake of 64 ) so I'll give them a try and hopefully enjoy them.
Mario 3D All Stars is a great game. Not a great celebration collection, but the three games on the cartridge are all great. Hope you have fun.

Sw/Sh definitely has some major issues, and depending on your tastes you may find them too major. But the core of Pokémon is still there, and there are some very enjoyable characters and moments, so who knows? I hope you have fun with this one too.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here is a really good video which I had watched which shows the contrasting differences between a tale of two Captain Americas. For those who have yet to watch the latest episode of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier, this will contain spoilers:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Or rather........ four?

Mario 3D All Stars is a really great time even if it's a fairly lazy anniversary celebration. It really could've come with a few more extras besides the in game soundtracks that can be easily found and listened to online.

I couldn't vibe with Swoshi but it's definitely not a bad game and I know a lot of people here like it, so hopefully you end up enjoying that one too.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Around 300 eggs. Probably the fastest I've ever hatched a shiny. With the intention of finding a shiny, anyways.
Congrats my friend! By the way, are you using Masuda Method with Shiny Charm and Oval Charm? Gets things done quicker 3/4 of the time. Hatched a Porygon in 70 eggs with that method.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah, suuuure.

Those Pac-Combo I see in Ultimate just show to me he never truly got over his dark past.

Like look at him.

Does it look like the face of mercy?

Welp, gentleman, let me share my thought (oh and, tagging osby osby too 'cuz ;) )

So like I said in my previous post, today was basically Sunny Day. I did everything I could in Faraway Town and since I didn't look up at a guide, I can only hope I haven't missed anything too big. ^^` (killing fly is definitly the best sidequests so far)

As someone who doesn't live in a big town, the environements, the music, and the general ambience of Faraway Town just hit me right at home. While I don't have a cult dedicated to trash where I live, the characters are just so charming, that even the lack of names for lots of them don't bother too much. Even if it would have been nice.

The fact it also give me Deltarune Hometown vibe also make me feel alot of things. Especially the vibe that things are familiar...but not quite the same, time as passed on, and while we can't relive those memories and may not remember some folks, we can forge new one if we try.

Speaking off characters, Kel, Kel, Kel....what a homie he is, while he does make mistakes, you know it's not because he is a bad person, far from of it in fact. He is so nice & funny, I honestly wonder how you could hate him. Find him annoying at time? Sure, but fully hate him? Nah dawg, we don't do that here. (tho his simple vision of things can cause alot of problems here and there, especially when it come to Aubrey...)

My man THE MAVERICK is as great as I was expecting when I saw stuff about him online. He is a total loser who can't back up ****, but he try & fail so hard, you can't help but like him, either out of pity or because he is just that cool.😎 (That, and alongside other characters, I feel he could fit really well in Kid Next Doors)

Aubrey...well, on top of giving Susie Deltarune competition in term of mean girl. After seeing how jovial & innocent her headspace version is, it's honestly really hard to see her so distant to her previous friend at time. Especially at the church when peoples started to talk badly about her. Even if she's a jerk, she ddin't deserve to be ridicule here. (I also managed to beat her without using the knife on the first encounter with her, mostly because I didn't want to hurt her & knew what would have happened if I did so)

Finding hallucinations of Headspace enemies & even past version of Basil & Aubrey in Town was also really...idk,it just make me feel for Sunny in a way. Seeing what stuff inspired elements/characters in Headspace just make you think alot on the moment. Like Pluto being Kel's pet rock.

Speaking of Basil, oh boy, he is a mess, and when I entered the bathroom after lunch at his home, I will just say that I wasn't expecting what I saw lol. He need a ton of hugs for sure...and therapy too. Lots of characters need therapy in general.

I catched early on that food isn't good for healing, medecine is the best in real life as we all know....even if the image of Sunny putting ton of bandana on Kel head as he get hit by Aubrey headbutt over & over again, yet still keep throwing his basket ball at her is quite funny.

Finally, while i'm not afraid of spiders, Something-Spider and the moment before it is like something (haha) you need to tell peoples who are scared of spiders about before they play the game. Otherwise they might be traumatized for life. :v

And yeah, I think that's all I had to say. Back in Headspace now, look forward to what happen next & returning to the real world later!....man, the Omori Route is going to kill my soul when I play it. ;_;

Oh and, those two tracks are definitly high on my list of favourite Omori soundtrack now, just sayin'.
God bless the music in this game.
Ooh, surprised you didn’t attack Aubrey. Most players completely forget that they’re using a knife, and they just up and attack. If you did attack her, you’d stab her and make her bleed, so, good on your for not stabbing someone on your first day outside in four years.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Funny story I don’t think I ever told. I can’t remember if it was on Twitter or Reddit but they were doing a thing on what people’s favorite thing about Pyra/Mythra was and a lot of of was “haha boob” but this one guy. This one single guy was like, “I really like the last few frames of their left facing down Smash” I thought that was oddly specific and was like must be a cool flourish at the end or something that I just didn’t pay attention to...

And then I realized that instead of “haha boobs” he was just saying “haha ass”
:031:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I have Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy in original format. Don’t need some collection of the other game I don’t have.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ooh, surprised you didn’t attack Aubrey. Most players completely forget that they’re using a knife, and they just up and attack. If you did attack her, you’d stab her and make her bleed, so, good on your for not stabbing someone on your first day outside in four years.
uhhhhhh

Hate to break it to ya

but I already knew what happened here if you stabbed her.

Yeah, due to how weak I am, I did spoil myself quite alot of story moment.

I did keep alot of spoil unspoil so that I could still be surprised here and there (like the Basil scene in the bathroom), and the stuff I already knew I tried to play differently to gain different result, hence me not using the knife there.

Chance are I would have stabbed her if I didn't know, or lost some of the other battles if I didn't know how healing item differ in the real world.

That all said, in spite of my knowedelge, the game still surprise me & make me feel lots of emotions, soooo I say I still have lots to say in the future.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Funny story I don’t think I ever told. I can’t remember if it was on Twitter or Reddit but they were doing a thing on what people’s favorite thing about Pyra/Mythra was and a lot of of was “haha boob” but this one guy. This one single guy was like, “I really like the last few frames of their left facing down Smash” I thought that was oddly specific and was like must be a cool flourish at the end or something that I just didn’t pay attention to...

And then I realized that instead of “haha boobs” he was just saying “haha ass”
:031:
I really like the sound that Smash Flare makes.

It's satisfying.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Little Mac might be the game's best example of "High risk, high reward" fighter.

1v1 Matches with him participating always end quickly in my experience, no matter in who's favor.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So today marks the anniversary of the peace agreement that gave my generation a chance to live without conflict. 23 years later and some of the worst rioting seen since those days. New generation of idiots.

All because one side thinks that checks on vegetables and crap that doesn't effect them at all will lead to reunification. And I'm kinda worried if it gets close to my part of town.

On the good side new pfp. Still Zombieland Saga but second best character.

I really like the sound that Smash Flare makes.

It's satisfying.
Still feel like Smash Flare was kinda made out of short on time or something. It's great to land with but I don't know, doesn't feel more distinctive enough.

Feels like something like a Ness's PK fire effect to one of the smash attacks would have been more unique.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
One of my favorite things about Mythra in Smash is sniping people with Ray of Punishment/Chroma Dust when they're off the stage. The angle on that **** is mad disgusting and I adore it.

It's also really fun to find ways of comboing into it. My go-to is typically d-tilt -> u-tilt -> RoP.

duxx

Smash Ace
Minecraft has been making Tuff into a more important block in the way it spawns - But tuff still has absolutely NO uses other than just aesthetic. You can't even get tuff stairs or polished tuff or anything.

Tuff needs SOMETHING
wow, that must be tuff

i'll leave now

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Still feel like Smash Flare was kinda made out of short on time or something. It's great to land with but I don't know, doesn't feel more distinctive enough.

Feels like something like a Ness's PK fire effect to one of the smash attacks would have been more unique.
I feel like it's only listed as a special attribute exclusive to Pyra so she doesn't seem inferior to Mythra, who has Foresight. Definitely a bit unnecessary, though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I feel like it's only listed as a special attribute exclusive to Pyra so she doesn't seem inferior to Mythra, who has Foresight. Definitely a bit unnecessary, though.
Pretty much.

Just seemed like they could have done something more original for her though. Even being able to change the angle of Blazing End would have been enough and give her a unique attack during it's use like a kick or a fire attack.

Minor complaint is all. Still love the duo to pieces.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't even think Mythra is the reason.

They already used "this character has the best reach in the game" plenty of time now, they gotta power creep somewhere else to sell those DLC. :052:

Also, feel like Pyra specials offer stuff Mythra can't, think they could have put more emphasis on those moves that her F-Smash. Not that i'm complaining, her Smashes are goooooooooooood.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The original Shantae heads to Switch April 22 (my birthday!)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The original Shantae is finally coming to Switch!

I'll have to wait a little longer since I purchased the Limited Run CE but this is still great news.

Edit: :ultgreninja: 'd

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Boy, playing the Dinosaur Planet ROM is weiiirrrrrrd. It feels like I'm playing some kind of secret time capsule, probably because this is all stuff we were never supposed to see.

Also, dang, Krystal looked a lot better in this.
I need to get around to that.

Downloaded a newer version of Project 64 to play it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I need to get around to that.

Downloaded a newer version of Project 64 to play it.
It's definitely an awesome novelty and a very mysterious part of game history. Heck, with how crazy the ROM hacking scene is, I fully expect a team to try and actually finish it and make it a complete game once people break into it.

On the subject of emulators, though, I do have a recommendation on that:

Project 64 is...A bit of a mess sometimes, lol. It works well for ROM Hacks from back in the day that were designed for its specific jank, but honestly I think nowadays Mupen, or even better, RetroArch with the paraLLel core is the way to go for N64 emulation. RetroArch does have a bit of a learning curve to it, but man is it worth it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , osby osby

I don't know if you two go on TvTrope much, but as someone who do, I was looking up the fanfic section of the Omori Tvtrope page, and.....

If you notice who recommend those fanfic (link here), the numbers of them & the description on each of them, I think it's safe to say something weird is going on there.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I decided i check if the Powerpuff girls anime holds up in any way since i havent watched it since like 2012 to satiate my own curiousity.

I can see why people didnt take to this show when it first came out, Blossom in this series has absolutely no similarities to the original cartoon Blossom excep for that they both wear red while Bubbles and Buttercup simply have their character traits applied to 14 year old girls istead of 5 year old girls like the original series.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Stormy Ascent is a ***** of a level. No wonder it got cut from the original release of Crash 1.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Stormy Ascent is a ***** of a level. No wonder it got cut from the original release of Crash 1.
Imagine how much worse it would have been with original Crash 1 controls and needing to not die to get the gem.
I’ve never actually bought ice cream before! ‘Cause of my gluten allergy I can’t buy it.
you have been deprived of a childhood staple

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom