• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This is one of those nights where you decide to cycle through like 10 games for some reason.

Don't know why but it happens.

ice cream truck! childhood on wheels!

Ice Cream Truck just came by my house! got some! love it!
I have that every week in my neighbourhood. Too bad their ice-creams are a rip-off.

So, what have y’all been up to?
Trying to get myself to do story work right now but want to play stuff. Other than that alright I suppose.

(Sweats nervously about Kingdom hearts lore)
View attachment 310815
oh no
View attachment 310816

oh no.
I'll be straight but I think this is the Monkey's Paw here.

Looking at the cover art (the starry sky), the ending of one of the KH games, the team battles, following from anime adaptation (and potentially erasing some of the lore hints in the original) and a few small things.

I think that would have been the condition for Nomura to be allowed to create a sequel to TWEWY somehow like in the pitch process. It must connect to KH in some shape or form.

Which is eh to be fair.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This is one of those nights where you decide to cycle through like 10 games for some reason.

Don't know why but it happens.

I have that every week in my neighbourhood. Too bad their ice-creams are a rip-off.

Trying to get myself to do story work right now but want to play stuff. Other than that alright I suppose.

I'll be straight but I think this is the Monkey's Paw here.

Looking at the cover art (the starry sky), the ending of one of the KH games, the team battles, following from anime adaptation (and potentially erasing some of the lore hints in the original) and a few small things.

I think that would have been the condition for Nomura to be allowed to create a sequel to TWEWY somehow like in the pitch process. It must connect to KH somehow.

Which is eh to be fair.
Yeah the secret boss of Kingdom hearts 3 straight up has Sora fighting on top of the Shibuya building FROM twewy.

It's so weird how they are trying to tie the two. There's also how Kingdom hearts 3DS has Neku telling Sora "I'll see you in Shibuya!" before Sora goes off into the last few Disney worlds from that game.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I had a friend over for the last couple days. We got to watch Godzilla vs Kong in theaters. It was fantastic and is my favorite film in the Monsterverse so far. There were some great moments and the fight scenes may have just exceeded my expectations. Great film.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah the secret boss of Kingdom hearts 3 straight up has Sora fighting on top of the Shibuya building FROM twewy.

It's so weird how they are trying to tie the two. There's also how Kingdom hearts 3DS has Neku telling Sora "I'll see you in Shibuya!" before Sora goes off into the last few Disney worlds from that game.
I can see it though after having so many fan requests and such over the years you can see Nomura and some of his team has really wanted to make a sequel to the game but was never able to due to being put on other projects.
And I think connecting to KH was kind of a way through it, if it happens.

However I think it is at the cost of some of the hidden lore alluded in the original like angels existing and other planes of the afterlife which would have made more its own. It's a shame.

The cards line up though but it's far from 100% certain. And with hints of how KH is going I wouldn't be surprised if this was a direction for characters from it to be featured so they can be a bit less reliant on Disney for licensing and such.

That's just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe Silver?
He could have returned from a future where Sonic failed to stop a disaster that rendered him unable to fight permanently.
Seems like that kinda goes against the reducing the cast part.

I do plan on incorporating Silver into the story in some way, maybe for that same reason and hopefully even giving him his own chapter, but it might be a bit much to incorporate him that early, especially with Sticks doing something similar and I don’t think that would really set off what I had written down for that so far with Tails.

I don’t think it’d be too unreasonable to assume Shadow would say something like that judging by his personality and experiences. I may work on rewriting a bit though so I’m willing to workshop these ideas as more.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man not only am I really excited for the other parts of FF7R (as well as potential remakes of Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core, an Advent Children game, and a Sephiroth game), I am really pumped for the idea of a multi-part Final Fantasy 6 remake in the same vein.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
In Mystery Dungeon, my Skitty started off pretty ho hum. Not bad, not amazing. He'd get support moves that either lower stats or block status affects, and that's cool, but now he knows Calm Mind thanks to a wild TM drop in a dungeon.

And he knows Blizzard, which hits across entire rooms, and has boosted PP and accuracy thanks to stat boosting items.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So about a paragraph or so away from finishing my story excerpt but my house is loud and I don't know how to finish the conversation in it smoothly.

Been interesting though. Without a doubt my longest piece.

Also made a list of Nintendo 64 games I still want to play for anyone curious:

Donkey Kong 64
Excitebike 64
F-1 World Grand Prix - I've a soft spot for very old 3D sports games.
FIFA 64
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Madden Football 64
Paper Mario
Pilotwings 64

...............And that's it. Might do these lists if I can't get quiet.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, I just made an observation I would like to share. So I was talking with someone through PM about a Sonic fan character of mine, and that person said he does have personality, more than Nazo from the Sonic fan movie, Nazo Unleashed, and Metallix from the Super Mario Bros. Z reboot. The latter two seem to be all about death wishing and being pure evil. Now, here is what I told him.

"Speaking of Death in terms of the personalities of Nazo and Metallix, I just thought of something; apparently, those with just death based personalities and just plain evil is as bad as real life evil and death, metamorphically, in terms of stories for personalities in this case. I am pretty sure people's real life perception of death, and by extension may have shaped the view of such evil and death characters in stories. There are exceptions, like the Joker from DC and Frieza from Dragon Ball Z, who have more personality than say Nazo and Metallix, to say.

What I am trying to say, is...

Death worshipping only and pure evil only in terms of personalities in stories is as dull as death and evil in real life. I have seen people seem to think that way. Strange, isn't it?"

What do you all think?

EDIT: I hope this is not a bad idea to discuss.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That said, when I was young and a kid, I think there was an African American dressed as a clown that came to my school once.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m curious about the context behind this.
..... one of the characters I'm using for my Justice League show is an obscure clown/humor themed superhero from the golden age of comics. And I was designing him for my project and I was like... what if I don't make this guy white? He doesn't need to be after all. But then I was like.... is that racist? To have a black character who's a clown? But like... he'd be far from my only one on the team so IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom