• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So while playing, a thought came into my mind:

Coco would definitely be TikTok famous in her universe.
There's an animation where she's annoyed that the other girls do the online business thing better than her.

I cant link it because of mature content and jokes, but it was funny

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oof. It's that time again. Depression returns.

EDIT: Breakdown over. I had an episode because my "friends" at the bar ignored me all night, and I texted one of them that had lost my number. They answered, but when I told them it was me, they ghosted me.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
LETS GOOOOOO
Over the years and after replaying the game I felt that Colours was underwhelming but this ****ing title is driving me nuts, a mere 'Sonic Colours HD' would be perfect but 'Ultimate' implies there's gonna be more than just looking nicer and I'm gonna be hella curious what the **** it means

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Oof. It's that time again. Depression returns.

EDIT: Breakdown over. I had an episode because my "friends" at the bar ignored me all night, and I texted one of them that had lost my number. They answered, but when I told them it was me, they ghosted me.
Really sorry to hear that. I deal with depression as well, and unfaithful friends. I've lost so many friends over the years because ultimately I found I didn't really matter to them. It's so hard to find people that care.

D

Deleted member

Shroob Shroob Well that’s certainly not a sentence I ever expected to read on a magic card
https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/mnu7yi what’s really funny is that this is both board wipe recovery and technical ramp: if a creature kills itself on etb(such as paying x=0 for a hydra) it’s basically just an extra land drop :4wario2:

I honestly might build this, cause I’m missing a mono-green deck for my collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The campy script is what gives it charm. I honestly like how off the walls fun it is with how corny the dialogue can be. It never takes itself too seriously, and in a light-hearted adventure like Colors, it matches up well.

I'd have a bigger problem if this dialogue was in Adventure 2, let alone Shadow's game. Thankfully, such isn't the case.
Last time we had a sonic game that tried to go serious with its script was Forces and that game was mediocre at best

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last time we had a sonic game that tried to go serious with its script was Forces and that game was mediocre at best
The way I see it, it had potential but it lacked direction and focus, and needed more time and a more competent team in all areas.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The way I see it, it had potential but it lacked direction and focus, and needed more time and a more competent team in all areas.
For me, Sonic games being serious blows all the fun away. It can be goofy and still have some serious like Eggman getting pissed or Sonic and Tails fightig in lost world but when its all serious,, its boring.

Its like watching political news all day everyday morning afternoon and night

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Real talk, Forces needed another year in the oven. I don't think its team was bad, it's just that they were super small and were given a laughable amount of time to actually make the game.

SEGA: "Hey Sonic Team, how goes development of the Hedgehog Engine 2?"

ST: "Oh, it's good! It's extremely versatile and the games made with it look great."

SEGA: "You been working on the first Sonic title with it?"

ST: "Yeah, we're in the early phases, but with a few years of development we could probably have something goo-"

SEGA: "November."

ST: "E-excuse me...?"

SEGA: Your game comes out this November. See you in about 10 months! :-)"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Remeber when they said tails loses it after Sonic disappears and we pan to tails and hes just in mild panic and no where near "losing it". I wanted to see tails go mental, god damn it
That was actually a miss translation. The Japanese script is actually meant to say “he is lost” rather then “he’s lost it”.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gamera would be cool to see in Monsterverse, but will never happen.
I mean that is what was said about Banjo and K. Rool over a decade ago. Not saying it won't and wouldn't happen anytime soon but I wouldn't count it out as anything could eventually happen. There are even people working at Legendary that wants the big turtle.

That said though, Gamera getting a new standalone film is probably a lot more likely tbh especially in this day of age where the kaiju genre is in a resurgence.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That was actually a miss translation. The Japanese script is actually meant to say “he is lost” rather then “he’s lost it”.
The "Sonic has been being tortured by Eggman" line was added by Pontac and Graff as well, it was never in the original.

90% of the game's dialogue isn't in the Japanese script, lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
IMO, probably just Mania shilling and a desperate hope nostalgia would distract people from how unfinished the game was.
The game started out with classic Sonic in it with the intent to lure in people who like classic Sonic and then maybe they’ed try modern Sonic. Sonic Mania actually began development AFTER Forces. But forces later took ideas from Mania like the Drop Dash and Phantom Ruby.

Seriously guys, just watch Did You Know Gaming.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Look idk about sonic story or some garbo like it but can't we all agree that we need a Chao Garden game packed with lots of content, such as new Chao forms, new minigames, and such and so?

If you disagree, please PM me a four paragraph reply as to why you think your opinion is correct. :chrono:
When I played the adventure games I couldn’t even get it to work. I had eggs but I couldn’t hatch them so eventually I just stopped caring.

Also, the Chao Garden is going to be made into a mobile game, mark my words.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So with my movies done for this week. This is what I have planned out for next week starting tomorrow.

Tuesday: Raya and the Last Dragon
Wednesday: Tom & Jerry (Wish me luck...)
Thursday: Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge
Friday: Mortal Kombat (1995)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When I played the adventure games I couldn’t even get it to work. I had eggs but I couldn’t hatch them so eventually I just stopped caring.
Did you know eggs take time to hatch? Same as the real world. Chicks don't just magically hatch at your convenience. Chao do however. Throw the egg at the wall to pre maturely bring the Chao into the world.

But if you do that, then you are on my list of people to bring to justice once I become the real world Batman, except it won't be a bat. Probably a different animal. Haven't decided yet.
Also, the Chao Garden is going to be made into a mobile game--
Actually, nevermind. You're on the list. 🦇

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I have a question for everyone:

So someone responded to my comment on a Youtube video and said this:

"Today's marvel and dc films aren't even as good as the ones from the 90 and early 00s."

Do you agree or disagree with this commenter's opinion?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yay...More than half of next week is still gonna be crappy weather. It doesn't help with the cabin fever and my compulsive thoughts.

Jesus Christ, how the **** am I gonna survive...

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

"Today's marvel and dc films aren't even as good as the ones from the 90 and early 00s."

I like batman.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Disagree HARD. IDK but if they weren’t grim dark and stupid like the Dark Knight trilogy they had this strange energy radiating off of them that just makes me dislike them. Maybe it’s the lack of a shared universe.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Did you know eggs take time to hatch? Same as the real world. Chicks don't just magically hatch at your convenience. Chao do however. Throw the egg at the wall to pre maturely bring the Chao into the world.

But if you do that, then you are on my list of people to bring to justice once I become the real world Batman, except it won't be a bat. Probably a different animal. Haven't decided yet.

Actually, nevermind. You're on the list. 🦇
Ok. But like... it’s a video game. What was I supposed to do just put the controller down and wait? In a SONIC game?

And I’m not saying I WANT a Chao Garden mobile game. Just that I think it’s gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom