• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think I might have accidentally ingested some Febreze...Kinda still taste it in my mouth.
Does it help you breathe happy?
Doctor once prescribed me an inhaler, but he couldn't fool me. Febreze was much less expensive. Life hacks.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've waited so long for the next 9 days to either satisfy or disappoint me

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Apparently one of my coworkers tested positive for Covid and they mentioned me specifically.

Thankfully I was able to get a test done earlier and should expect results around Wednesday. I’m not feeling any symptoms, or at least I don’t feel like I am but I want to make sure.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Apparently one of my coworkers tested positive for Covid and they mentioned me specifically.

Thankfully I was able to get a test done earlier and should expect results around Wednesday. I’m not feeling any symptoms, or at least I don’t feel like I am but I want to make sure.
Pray your coworker makes a fine recover and that you haven't caught it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I pray that you manage to dodge it, Wade.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
My brain is a ****ing asshole sometimes. It never does what I want it to do.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In preparation for Mortal Kombat (2021). I'll watch the 1995 film. Watch it probably on the 16th given that was this films previous release date.

That way too I can compare the films.

I'll ignore Annihilation for obvious reasons.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Voiced a friend's OC, just for fun. Haven't really done a voice like this before, so this was interesting to do, no doubt.

Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Don't know the OC but I say you did a pretty good job!

Tho it make me think, I have lots of OC myself, and one day, I think it be neat if you and/or someone else could try to give them a shoot to see how they could sound like...

Thing is, I'm really not good at explaining how they sound like (which is kinda of needed when you want to voice a character you didn't make), what would they say or even which characters I could use. Since I have so many, but also I don't have a good ref for lots of them.

Soo I guess for now, just know I be interested in the idea of you voicing one of my character. Just to say some lines to be precises, nothing too big.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Don't know the OC but I say you did a pretty good job!

Tho it make me think, I have lots of OC myself, and one day, I think it be neat if you and/or someone else could try to give them a shoot to see how they could sound like...

Thing is, I'm really not good at explaining how they sound like (which is kinda of needed when you want to voice a character you didn't make), what would they say or even which characters I could use. Since I have so many, but also I don't have a good ref for lots of them.

Soo I guess for now, just know I be interested in the idea of you voicing one of my character. Just to say some lines to be precises, nothing too big.
I’m interested! If any characters come to mind you think I could voice, lemme know and I’ll record em’.

D

Deleted member

My parents have gotten really big into Tiktok and now the only thing I hear them listening to is ****ty Tiktok memes
21824411-E44B-4AE8-B935-C2EB3D299C23.jpeg

end my suffering

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
One of the reasons I actively refuse to play FFVI is because it’s one of those games with two different endings, the good one and the bad one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m interested! If any characters come to mind you think I could voice, lemme know and I’ll record em’.
🤔

I think I need your opinion on the character i'm thinking before I might ask if you could voice him or not,

Since the premises around him is weird tho, will ask your opinion in a PM first.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
🤔

I think I need your opinion on the character i'm thinking before I might ask if you could voice him or not,

Since the premises around him is weird tho, will ask your opinion in a PM first.
Sounds good sounds good! I’ll be awaitin’ that DM, then.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I guess I finally figured out why the Guy who hates FFVI hates it so much, he got the bad ending!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Itt had good moments but on the whole Explorers and Super are WAY better
Eh, Super had huge problems with its pacing. You spend too much time in the school arc as the majority of the characters and the plotlines relevant there don't matter in the long run, and as soon as you get to the city you're rushing through to get to the villain plot and it leaves a lot of things underdeveloped and underexplored with those two as a result. It also hurts its characters as those like most of the Guildmembers barely get any time to shine before you're through into dealing with the world-ending threat, and some like Yveltal could've used more time to explain how they came to play the roles that they do (like how did he fall into the clutches of the evil sphere).

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Why do FFVI and FFVII have so many ****ing attack formations? Side attack, pincer attack, back attack, front attack, knock it off!

Ivander

Smash Legend
One of the reasons I actively refuse to play FFVI is because it’s one of those games with two different endings, the good one and the bad one.
No? It's one of those endings where if you don't have a character with you, it just doesn't show the character. The ending remains primarily the same. There is no bad ending.

Are you sure it wasn't Final Fantasy 5/V? Because that does have a bad ending that can get unknowing players. Basically, if any of your characters are fainted/dead when you beat the final boss, they are actually killed for real and the ending will change quite a bit. That one can actually catch players off-guard if they try to gung-ho the last of the boss' health while one or even three of their characters are dead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

why does that even matter? If I like a game enough, I don’t see why a potential cutscene at the end is gonna stop me from playing it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
why does that even matter? If I like a game enough, I don’t see why a potential cutscene at the end is gonna stop me from playing it.
Listen, when I played Mario & Luig: Superstar Saga when I was young and then Luigi killed Mario because I burned his butt too many times for lulz during gameplay. I was pissed & scared and never played that game ever again.

Different Endings are really, really serious business here, pal.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
No? It's one of those endings where if you don't have a character with you, it just doesn't show the character. The ending remains primarily the same. There is no bad ending.

Are you sure it wasn't Final Fantasy 5/V? Because that does have a bad ending that can get unknowing players. Basically, if any of your characters are fainted/dead when you beat the final boss, they are actually killed for real and the ending will change quite a bit. That one can actually catch players off-guard if they try to gung-ho the last of the boss' health while one or even three of their characters are dead.
But, I’m gonna throw a non-canon button there, because the canon ending is the one where everyone survives Neo Exdeath. Thank god the death ones are non-canon.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
FFVI is actually a better game than VII story and all, and this is coming from a huge VII fan, it just didn’t have the marketing and graphical integrity to make the world be as jaw dropping as 1997 Midgar was.

That’s a shame too I really wish more people would play FFVI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom