• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was under this assumption because apparently prior to Godzilla vs. Kong, people on Tohokingdom forum were treating it like it was at the bottom of the barrel when it came to competition even towards younger IPs like John Wick and A Quiet Place. Hell people on that think was thinking Free Guy of all things was competition and I assume this because of Ryan Reynolds.

And this one guy on SpaceBattles even thought Bill & Ted 3 would destroy it if released close. I never taken Bill & Ted as the popular kind as I never even heard of it until Keanu Reeves' resurgence, I always took it more as one of those cult classics that is now only getting more recognizable due to said resurgence.

The fact too folks seeing kaiju as a stigma due to "giant rubber monsters".

I is just so confused...

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
This looks like it could be from one of the comics, where they go to an alternate universe with Eggman as the radical freedom fighter and Sonic as the tyrannical dictator.
Words cannot describe how much I would love if Ian got a chance to write that over at IDW, lol.

Fun fact, though, Archie Sonic did have an opposite Eggman:

He's a veterinarian with his own clinic.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm actually kinda interested in checking out other kaiju films after seeing Godzilla vs Kong.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was especially under this assumption after Godzilla: King of the Monsters underperformed and that Godzilla (2014) only did well due to Bryan Cranston in the marketing hence star power and the franchise having been dormant at that time for 10 years.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Even the image link is having a stroke.

Or that swear is so censored the entire image was deleted.
Think it's the result of the image being linked to Wikipedia.

For some reasons, linking images from there just doesn't work at time.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Even the image link is having a stroke.

Or that swear is so censored the entire image was deleted.
As Dr. Metal X said, it's being linked from a wikia, as that was the only place I could find the image from, and I was not in the mood to take the time to log into my imgur and rehost the image myself, lol. Oh well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
sweet bay bay **** numptets

only this day remains before the 9 Day WrestleMania 37 Week + Post WM37 Week begins
20210403_161839.jpg

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So two more screenshots from two very contrasting games tonight:

Mad Max:
Mad Max_20210404220906.jpg

Abzu:
ABZU_20210404215111.jpg

Tagging Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge and Noipoi Noipoi as you three always like my stuff.

Been playing both recently and both are pretty great. Goes without saying that the former is pretty underlooked and the latter is one beauty of a game.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So two more screenshots from two very contrasting games tonight:

Mad Max:
View attachment 309943

Abzu:
View attachment 309945

Tagging Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge and Noipoi Noipoi as you three always like my stuff.

Been playing both recently and both are pretty great. Goes without saying that the former is pretty underlooked and the latter is one beauty of a game.
You're getting good with the angles and scenery you choose when making these screenshots.

And god damn, the visual style of Abzu is incredibly striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom