• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo guys, just letting you know I'm still kicking. I know I haven't posted as much but seems this pandemic/lockdown fatigue has been getting the better of me since finally seeing Godzilla vs. Kong.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How many of you enjoyed Crash of the Titans, gameplay-wise?

I know a lot of changes to the characters' designs (and in some cases personalities) weren't well-received.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How many of you enjoyed Crash of the Titans, gameplay-wise?

I know a lot of changes to the characters' designs (and in some cases personalities) weren't well-received.

I played that game with my buddy a lot back in the day, yet I can’t remember much of the gameplay. I think it was fun, but I was also nine, so Y’know.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I have time, I'll watch Willy's Wonderland tonight.

Closest as of now where we'll get a FNAF movie.

"But The Bana-"

We don't speak of that movie...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My binge of Avatar: the Last Airbender begins this week.

Reason why I waited up until now: I need another good show to watch now that RWBY's 8th Volume is over.
Here's a fun game you can play while watching: take a drink (of water) every time the fire nation attacks, or it's mentioned that the fire nation is attacking. You'll get hydrated in no time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hope we get an Extended Director's Cut of Godzilla vs. Kong. Even watching the movie the first time it felt like parts were definitely missing.

Which is why I'll hold off buying it on blu-ray until a possible announcement of that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think its also safe to say general audience-wise the kaiju genre will become more popular then ever.

Star Wars, MCU, and Harry Potter levels? Most likely not but to the point it'll be more well-known and recognizable to people outside the kaiju fandom.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think its also safe to say general audience-wise the kaiju genre will become more popular then ever.

Star Wars, MCU, and Harry Potter levels? Most likely not but to the point it'll be more well-known and recognizable to people outside the kaiju fandom.
Tbf Godzilla and King Kong have always been massive pop culture icons. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't know who they are.

It's all the other kaiju who are more niche.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tbf Godzilla and King Kong have always been massive pop culture icons. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't know who they are.

It's all the other kaiju who are more niche.
Not that way I seen it apparently, people tended to treat Godzilla notably "niche" outside the kaiju fandom. Maybe I was hanging with the wrong crowd?

But then again unlike Kong, Godzilla is a trademark IP thus more protected by Toho hence why it seemed that way.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not that way I seen it apparently, people tended to treat Godzilla notably "niche" outside the kaiju fandom. Maybe I was hanging with the wrong crowd?
Godzilla is one of the most recognizable pop culture icons in history. There’s countless Godzilla references in all sorts of media, most people with a semblance of media knowledge at least know who Godzilla is. The same goes for Kong.

Maybe they haven’t seen all the movies, or know the extended cast or lore. But Godzilla himself is most certainly not niche.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You can't say Godzilla's Niche when one of the most popular villians of all time ia a Godzilla reference.

Hell, he's prominitely featured in the game that this board is based upon.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Godzilla is one of the most recognizable pop culture icons in history. There’s countless Godzilla references in all sorts of media, most people with a semblance of media knowledge at least know who Godzilla is. The same goes for Kong.

Maybe they haven’t seen all the movies, or know the extended cast or lore. But Godzilla himself is most certainly not niche.
Eeup perhaps that was just the wrong crowd I was hanging out with.

Either way he and Kong are more popular then ever given the latest MonsterVerse's films hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom