• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

85A9E5F6-7468-411B-96DD-2B4AF4FADB4E.jpeg

probably gonna need to tinker with this alot but it’s a pretty good base for a standard go wide pauper deck. I think #1 on the priority list is getting some better token generators plus tokens to go along with it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright! On Thursday I'll be able to watch Godzilla vs. Kong for the third time only on the TV screen this time! Joining me is my dad who has been looking forward to this movie!

cothero

Smash Lord
What are the chances of Nintendo wanting Battletoads for FP2 for you? Personally, i think the chances are existent, at least. Nintendo and Microsoft relationchip is pretty tight and a third MS rep seems realistic (the fact that Steve's in FP2 mean nothing against it).

In my opinion, Battletoads's chances are better than Master Chief for inumerous reasons, and i'm not even counting the sum of ZERO releases of Halo games on Nintendo platforms. Battletoads, otherwise, were part of the golden NES/SNES days. What do you think?

rash2.jpg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What are the chances of Nintendo wanting Battletoads for FP2 for you? Personally, i think the chances are existent, at least. Nintendo and Microsoft relationchip is pretty tight and a third MS rep seems realistic (the fact that Steve's in FP2 mean nothing against it).

In my opinion, Battletoads's chances are better than Master Chief for inumerous reasons, and i'm not even counting the sum of ZERO releases of Halo games on Nintendo platforms. Battletoads, otherwise, were part of the golden NES/SNES days. What do you think?

View attachment 309984
I wish we got a Battletoads game that was more along these lines.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I recently bought the 2020 Battletoads game. Don't know when I'll get around to it though.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 309984
Don't know too much about em', but I think Battletoads could be neat. If I had to choose over Battletoads or Master Chief, though? I'd go Master Chief, honestly. When I think "Microsoft" Battletoads ain't exactly the first thing that comes to mind. Halo is. Plus I just think having a shooter in Smash would be neat.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 309984
I think a Battletoad would be cool. Though I think Master Chief should be the next Microsoft character.

It’s kinda funny how N64 platformer mascots and a former-indie game character, neither of which were created by Microsoft themselves, got in smash before their own mascot.

D

Deleted member

ya ever remember a song you used to listen to alot but at the same time can’t remember what the name is for the life of you?

Cause that’s me rn.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Why are y'all focused on the underaged Pokemon girls when the adults are literally right there?
I would just like to mention that timeline wise Pokemon Sun and Moon takes place a decade after Generation 1, and it's implied that Generation 1 and 3 take place around the same time frame in the games so every character from those games is 10 years older in the current timeline of games, unless Sword and shield takes place before sun and moon.
The internal Pokemon lore interests me more than the games do at this point.

Eh, IDK, I didn't have a problem with it. It was a pretty fun and wholesome time for me, but granted I might be biased, it was my first MD.
Itt had good moments but on the whole Explorers and Super are WAY better

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
@Wyvy - Phoenix Mode @Roguewolf @R O F L @Freezerburn @cashregister9 @Bakugan2556 @Pokelego999 Wario Bros. Wario Bros. @SneakyLink @MooMew64 Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 @Dr. Metal X Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna @Lacroix Femboy

My next batch of members for Justice League Chronicles! These eight joined the league during a 5 year time skip after the fall of Trigon the Terrible. They Include....
7B55537D-A83F-45D6-8431-B864316CE33F.jpeg
8BC8C718-B272-4AF4-ACDD-F5FDB8168C9F.jpeg
640D3A6F-BC16-4904-9B45-96D93910B773.jpeg
74C242B8-AF75-4F53-AD4E-78F11639B0ED.jpeg
592880EF-B465-4C90-96DF-BDC6B9A4E2E8.jpeg
64083914-EFAC-4730-9EE6-4888AB31ACD4.jpeg
39469BDB-5291-4BEA-8FB1-28F7B01041FF.jpeg
D2014702-F7B6-4767-8E6E-C83D200D273F.jpeg

During this 5 year time skip, Lex Luthor developed a special drug known as 5-U-93-R to grant him the strength of his kryptonian nemesis, unfortunately, he had so much Kryptonite in his system from constant exposure that he immediately went into a coma while his scientists worked to heal him. During this period of time, Project Cadmus acquired this drug and used it in the creation of Superboy (Connor Kent). When he was freed, the drug was also taken from their facilities and used by Lois Lane to give her the strength to bear a child with Superman without it killing her from inside with super-kicks. Since the powers were permanent, she joined her husband as the Superwoman!

Selina Kyle was a rich socialite who, at one point in time, resorted to cat burglering to give her life some excitement. This eventually lead her to clashing with Batman. Eventually a genuine romance blossomed between the two and she soon learned his secret identity. For a few years after that she was his spy in the criminal underworld, giving him and the league insider information and sabotaging Secret Society of Supervillains operations. But during this 5 year time skip she was exposed to both The Joker and the GCPD. Batman revealed his identity to the police as well as a sign of trust so they would let Selina go and not destroy her life, with both vigilante's anonymity being maintained and Catwoman joining the League as a part of her "rehabilitation" like Harley Quinn before her. Unfortunately this chain of classified documents eventually made it's way into the hands of government boogiewoman Amanda Waller, giving her a powerful advantage over her foes in the League.

For a majority of those 5 years, Iris West-Allen was trapped in the Mirror Dimension by a thief named Sam Scudder. The Mirror Gun he stole trapped people within the mirror world and created a mirror duplicate of them in reality. Eventually the doppelganger was shattered, Scudder arrested, and Iris freed, but after 3 years of being trapped in the Mirror Dimension, Iris gained the ability to control it. To pass freely in and out of it using reflective surfaces, to reflect light into brilliant prisms, and to generate her own Mirror Duplicates. Taking on the identity of Mirror Master, she officially joined Team Flash as a hero, and eventually joined the League.

Unfortunately for Hal Jordan, during the invasion of Trigon the Terrible, a large portion of Coast City was destroyed. Because of this, he gave in to fear and became possessed by the entity known as Parallax. He went on a sizeable rampage across a few star systems as Parallax before his friends on the League and his girlfriend Carol Ferris were able to snap him out of it, unfortunately killing Carol in the process. This act of love was recognized by the Zamarons, leaders of the Star Sapphire corps, and she was revived and inducted into the corps at the same time. The public now fear "the masked Lantern", he's the only Green Lantern to still wear one, but praise Star Sapphire. Hal has a lot of work to do rehabilitating his image and regaining the trust of his friends. But Carol will be there every step of the way, guiding him with violet light!

Not much to say about Mera. She joined the League as Aquawoman to be closer to her husband and overcome her prejudicial views of surface dwellers.

You might remember how I mentioned Pamela Isley during my breakdown of Harley Quinn's story. And you will recall that the loss of her best friend/crush to the Joker kicked into motion a series of events that lead to her becoming Poison Ivy, specifically her own falling in with Dr. Jason Woodrue. Attaching to the Dr in her heartbroken state, but never feeling any actual affection for him, and working in his lab alongside technician Alec Holland. Woodrue beleived in the superiority of flora over fauna, and used both of his colleagues as test subjects for a procedure that would fuse plant genetics with humans. Alec Holland was the first test subject, and supposedly was killed by the drug and buried, later arising from the muck as the plant elemental Swamp Thing. Isley was next and the version she was given actually worked. Granting her green skin, the power to photosynthesize, mental control over plant life, and two venus fly trap like appendages growing out of her back. She was not grateful for this, and before Woodrue was able to give himself the same injection, she switched it. Jason gave himself a "fatal" dose of the prototype drug, eventually transforming him into the Floronic Man. But for now he was presumed dead and Isley went on a 5 year emotional rampage as Poison Ivy. Eventually, after Harley Quinn was successfully rehabilitated, she offered an Olive Branch (heh) to her old flame and the two began a dating, with Isley undergoing a similar rehabilitation process. And it mostly worked! She still has a problem with holding back on lethal force, but she has blossomed (heh) into a valued member of the Justice League!

Mike Maxwell was a famous wrestler who opperated with the heel persona B'wanna Beast in Africa. Thrown out of the wring by a rival wrestler named Djuba, Maxwell left to wallow in his own defeat in a mountain cave. Drinking from water in the cave, he grew larger and stronger and was filled with an animalistic fury. Returning to the ring, he easily bested Djuba and reclaimed his title as champion. But his animal fury grew worse and worse over time. Eventually the spirit medium Madam Xanadu of the Justice League Dark was able to examine him and link him with the guiding souls of The Red, the force of all animal life on earth, The Parliment of Limbs and their leader god Anansi. They revealed that they had chosen Maxwell to be their champion, foreseeing a coming storm of unknown origin. Eventually B'wanna Beast grew stronger as a champion of all animal life on earth, eventually also learning of his strange power to generate animal chimeras, and joining the Justice League.

Red Tornado's arc spans two seasons. At first, he simply appears to be a prototype robot created by the (presumed) late Dr. TO Morrow discovered by the Justice League when they raid an old lab of his. Tornado joins the League to better understand the human emotions he was gifted with and to use his wind powers for the good of mankind. He is instrumental in taking down his creator and his alligance of scientists known as The Brain Trust (who we can talk about more another day with another League member), but has an even greater roll in the next season's arc. He is chosen as the champion by the Parliment of Vapors, who morn the loss of their leader god Ulthoon to the villainous force of decay known as The Rot. Eventually, in doing battle with the other chosen champions of the Parliments of Elements (some of which are fellow League members) he discovers the truth. He IS Ulthoon! His soul reborn in the robotic body created by Morrow. Ulthoon had doubts about where his allegiance would ultimately lie when the chips were down, sensing darkness in his own heart. So he sacrificed his body to The Rot so his soul could be reborn into a human body and learn the true nature of humanity so he could become their defender. He didn't count on the reincarnation process turning him into a robot, but his plan still ultimately worked and they were able to defeat Nekron, The Rot, and his Parliment of Death (the Black Lanterns).

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Mad Max is the most 7/10 game there is this gen. I really should watch the films again.

I might also start another story piece tomorrow. I'll show a almost newly finished one to friends here as well.

Wademan94 Wademan94 I did make some improvements earlier by the way but I can't be bothered opening my laptop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom