• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cothero

Smash Lord
I think a Battletoad would be cool. Though I think Master Chief should be the next Microsoft character.

It’s kinda funny how N64 platformer mascots and a former-indie game character, neither of which were created by Microsoft themselves, got in smash before their own mascot.
For the right reason, you said it yourself. 'Til now, no character have been added to smash without having a game on Nintendo consoles (Cloud and Joker are exceptions, but both FF and Persona games were released on Nintendo platforms before their additions).

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Thank god you can release multiple Pokemon in Home.

Just released the majority of all those Rowlets, except the 6IV ones.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
every home should have both dogs and cats in them

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
FFVI is the penultimate of what I like to call the "Sakugachi FFs" because Sakugachi himself was directly involved with this one. The last was FFIX.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
For the right reason, you said it yourself. 'Til now, no character have been added to smash without having a game on Nintendo consoles (Cloud and Joker are exceptions, but both FF and Persona games were released on Nintendo platforms before their additions).
In Persona's case, game. as in singular. It's kinda awkward.

cothero

Smash Lord
The three Sakurai's unbreakable rules about third party characters inclusion until now, from a Famitsu column interview:

Manga characters will not join the battle (obviously).
  1. While it’s true that we’ve added characters from other companies, It’s not going to be anyone and everyone. Only video game characters will be allowed.

Smashis a game that’s made from everyone’s effort.

1. Both companies have to want the character to join the battle.
I need them to let me take charge of the character.

In order to fit the character into the world of Smash, I need them to allow me some artistic license.

1. The character must carry a Nintendo history with them.
Besides that, it might be something like a courtesy to include a character who has the experience of being on a Nintendo platform.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
FFI, II, IV, V, and VI were all on GBA. FFIII and FFIV were on DS, and FFVII hadn't been on a Nintendo console prior to Cloud in Sm4sh. Ouch.
Well Cloud was a boss battle in Kingdom hearts chain of memories and a party member in Kingdom hearts Recoded, so at least he had some kind of presence on Nintendo.
Granted the boss character was a Hallucination caused by Sora's brain damage at the time and the second one was a copy of Cloud but still lol

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Do it. I dare you.
FFII: Firion, Maria, Guy, Gordon, Minwu, Leon, Leila, Ricard, Josef
FFIII: Arc, Luneth, Ingus, Refia
FFIV: Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Yang, Tellah, Fusoya, Rosa, Cid, Palom, Porom, Edward,
FFV: Bartz, Lenna, Faris, Krile, Galuf
FFVI: Terra, Gau, Edgar, Strago, Relm, Locke, Gogo, Mog, Umaro, Cyan, Shadow, Celes, Sabin,
I couldn't finish. I missed one FFIV party member and one FFVI party member.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I could delete it if you want me to.

EDIT: Never mind.
I'm unable to edit it out.
I would like apologize if I offended you guys.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well Cloud was a boss battle in Kingdom hearts chain of memories and a party member in Kingdom hearts Recoded, so at least he had some kind of presence on Nintendo.
Granted the boss character was a Hallucination caused by Sora's brain damage at the time and the second one was a copy of Cloud but still lol
I wish Cloud stayed as a party member in Re:Coded, he was a pretty strong character in that game. It woulda at least made the next few worlds a bit easier which they kinda need to be*

*that may just be because I was like 8 when I played the game originally. lol.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest, I could probably pull up some extremely cursed **** with just a single google search if I really wanted to. Would take like, 30 seconds.

But yknow, I kinda like not being banned, so it's not something I would do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom