• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I need to finish Soul Eater someday. I've seen a few episodes of JoJo, and it's usually pretty hype.

In the meantime. I've still got Western shows to follow like RWBY and Amphibia.

...I already miss the reboot of DuckTales...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm terrible at following anime weekly. Hell, I'm five episodes behind on Laid-Back Camp S2 right now.
And here I was gonna post stuff about it. Binge it in a night my friend.

Plus the difference is cause you are probably busy with a lot of stuff like work so it makes harder to follow. Meanwhile I'm just sitting in the house all day and will be for a few more months. Not like I've much of a social life anyways friends and family.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Remember when Dragon Ball revolved around the actual Dragon Balls?
But they still are key components in the plot in Super? It was literally happening this chapter.

Battle of Gods? Dragon Balls.
Goku Black? Actually no Dragon Balls this time because the future has no Dragon Balls.
Tournament of Power? Winner winner gets Dragon Balls.
Moro Arc? Dragon Balls.
Granola Arc? Man just used them and the other villain gang family wants to use them too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While we're still talking about anime, I gotta say

the openings are probably my favorite part of the medium, it's gotten me interested in so many genres and I just have an entire playlist of all the ones I like

D

Deleted member

Maybe it's because of a unknown person from the Void century who happens to be named Dee, a man so terryfying and powerful that the name frightens people. Even though Dee was forgotten entirely.

This isn't a serious theory lol
I meannnnn... considering Joy Boy is a character that exists, this could be pretty close to the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
And here I was gonna post stuff about it. Binge it in a night my friend.

Plus the difference is cause you are probably busy with a lot of stuff like work so it makes harder to follow. Meanwhile I'm just sitting in the house all day and will be for a few more months. Not like I've much of a social life anyways friends and family.
Feel free to post about it, my guy. It's not like I'm concerned about spoilers or anything.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I don't even watch ongoing anime other than One Piece. I only start things that have already ended so I can go on and finish them. Even with Jujutsu Kaisen, the only current seasonal I'm interested in, I'm waiting for it to air its last few episodes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ah, that's good. I liked it more when the plot revolved around them, which is a main reason why I like DB more than DBZ.
1616118488520.png

It's literally right here, man. Even back in DBZ they were a pivotal plot point early on because Frieza and the Saiyans wanted the Dragon Balls. What you're talking about is still there, you just gotta use your eyes.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
POG
Good taste
low key my favorite entry in both series.

It's not a perfect game at all but i love seeing the casts interact, i really enjoy the witches court asthetic and i love how well the combined gameplay of both series flows. It's generally a really great crossover because unlike every other crossover game is clearly non canon fighting games or kart racers, this game n the other hand feels like it could easily take place in continuity for both franchises.

I wish Capcom and Level 5 would choose to port the game to mobile or Switch, it doesn't deserve to be forgotten about on a dead system.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love how you can recruit Pokemon in the dungeons on the spot and you can just assemble an army before you face off against a boss. Rofl Zapdos died like a *****.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I need to finish Soul Eater someday. I've seen a few episodes of JoJo, and it's usually pretty hype.

In the meantime. I've still got Western shows to follow like RWBY and Amphibia.

...I already miss the reboot of DuckTales...
I remember you watching it years ago then stopping.

You REALLY gotta get on that. :p

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 307818

It's literally right here, man. Even back in DBZ they were a pivotal plot point early on because Frieza and the Saiyans wanted the Dragon Balls. What you're talking about is still there, you just gotta use your eyes.
Can't argue with your first point, but on your second point, that's also why I thought the Frieza Arc was the best of DBZ. The other two main (Cell and Buu) arcs only used them for basic plot reset, and instead focused more on flashiness and fighting than the adventure and perils of the getting the Dragon Balls.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can't argue with your first point, but on your second point, that's also why I thought the Frieza Arc was the best of DBZ. The other two main (Cell and Buu) arcs only used them for basic plot reset, and instead focused more on flashiness and fighting than the adventure and perils of the getting the Dragon Balls.
Then you'll like the Moro and Granola arc so far then.

Dutch Raikuna

Actually on the topic of anime and just mentioning it again but outside of Re:Zero, the isekai genre has really failed to impress me recently. Like man, there is such a simple premise out there that I'm surprised no-one has done yet.

Main character gets isekaied, goes off on a adventure but still homesick, is given a chance to briefly return home with his companions only for World War 3 to have occurred while he was away.

And then he goes on a journey across the landscape to find such and such like his family before the clock runs out. It's an idea I'm so surprised has not been done..........I think.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
and you know what came after Doomsday Clock? Tons of The Batman Who Laughs and Death Metal and another soft reboot where we'll likely get a gloomy Darkseid story that many of us will love. Also the DC Black Label (well known for the Bat Junk they "accidentally" put in a page).

That moral has grown to depend on the character and situation. Months ago alone, Batman choose to let Joker of all people die to save Harley because she put a bomb on herself to force him to realize Gotham being destroyed in favor of keeping him alive isn't worth all the chaos and the risk of millions more dying. It was amazingly well done, had Harley call out and judge the one Batman code made after years of Killing people before they got that first of many DC reboot...and he opened his eyes for just that one moment and made a tough decision. Not even Alfred being murdered opened his eyes that wide.

instantly dissing AW for being dark isn't gonna help out...and Marvel villains aren't going around being racist in this day and age (and even if they still were...still better than having a top hero be racist for a bit). Even Red Skull isn't being racist (just a terrorist at this point...ah the days of him being worse than a Nazi...)

and wait...so because a movie isn't apart of a massive universe...they don't matter and is a waste of time to watch? That's honestly a foolish thing to say. We live in a world (not society) that has accepted superhero movies for the most part, and it gives us tons of room for a boatload of content
  1. MCU
  2. DCEU
  3. Spider-Verse
  4. formerly the X-Men universe
  5. Solo Movies to expand the muliverse
  6. Lego
  7. Animated movies
  8. Anime
  9. Crossovers
  10. etc.
There's no reason to disregard a movie like Into the Spider-Verse or Joker just because they're not apart of a massive universe. They're there to give fans an additional experience to learn about or continue their love for said product.

also having multiple different styles of superhero movies is far better than keeping the singular world of it, not being able to have tons of worldly tastes in the process
The Gaul of actually doing that! My god that is so.... arg! They actually did that? Those pretentious ass holes! A human life is sacred, I don’t care who’s it is! Defending that is what makes you a true hero! I swear this is what years of marvel dominated media has done to people’s morals and standards! No wonder people are actually on board with villain movies! Considering how Doomsday Clock ended, if that’s where they went then the current writers need fired

And yeah. In this context, they are. You’re not going to learn any lore. There’s no world to get into beyond this one story. There’s no reason to come back afterwards because once it’s done the story is over. Gone. Finito. Not to mention needing to exist in the same universe as the other dc heroes is the only thing that will keep Batman writers from turning it into bloody Mortal Kombat! God can’t wait to see how Batman kills this next villain! It’s always interesting to see how he kills this one! He kills everyone dontcha know, it’s the only way to really stop them from offending again! Stuff inprisonment and don’t even bother with rehabilitation, just murder away! People are just bags of meat who use resources after all!

And you can still have multiple styles of movie and have them be set in the same universe. To think otherwise is just nonsense.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Same, i own the first volumes of the manga but never went beyond the third one.
I'm not into manga, so it's all the anime for me.

I remember you watching it years ago then stopping.

You REALLY gotta get on that. :p
I was going to, but everything changed when the pop-up ads attacked.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh my goodness, yes please.

Gimme that wholesome, power of friendship, storybook style in a whole 24-episode series and we got a deal.
Mystery dungeon games tend to have decently sized casts of characters, i think you'd need at least 30 episodes for a series, maybe make it like one of those kids series that rounds up in around 50 episodes

Dutch Raikuna

In a landscape of isekai anime i wish Pokemon Mystery dungeon got a full anime series, i bet it would do extremely well.
This. Oh this. I enjoyed that anime stuff more than the main series itself. Felt really fun to watch.

On that note: Pokemon Ranger needed a full anime series as well.

Hell just give me a slice of life Pokemon anime about a shut in who lives with a Turtwig and works as a cashier. Or Pokemon meets K-On slice of life. Or Steins Gate if it was set in a Pokemon world. Or I don't know even The Devil is a Part Timer set in a Pokemon world.

Just give me something new that feels different. Not restrained by anything.

Last edited:

duxx

Smash Ace
1616120260342.png

huh, this indie game looks pretty interesting. i doubt its gonna blow up tho. could be fun to play with a couple friends

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom