• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I remember it being praised when it came out in 2013.
I remember nothing but people trashing on it. Then again, I wasn't really ON the internet in 2013. But once I got on to the internet, It was nothing but trashing it.

I actually haven't watched it since that original viewing in 2013, because I had heard how bad it was and remembered liking it in the theatre, and I didn't want to ruin that memory by watching is as an "adult" and seeing how bad it really was.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I remember nothing but people trashing on it. Then again, I wasn't really ON the internet in 2013. But once I got on to the internet, It was nothing but trashing it.

I actually haven't watched it since that original viewing in 2013, because I had heard how bad it was and remembered liking it in the theatre, and I didn't want to ruin that memory by watching is as an "adult" and seeing how bad it really was.
So you're going to let other people decide your opinion for you?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man of Steel was pretty good.
More like Man of Murder because that's what he was.

Because yep let's make the most optimistic and altruistic superhero who always smiles into this emo dour with the Nolan approach because Batman is popular! Where was the Superman that smiled? Where was the Superman that had time to hang out with kids or the homeless? Where was the Superman taking the time to save old ladies' cats from trees? Who was this emotionless dope?

That's also not getting onto the fact Jonathan Kent, one of comics most aspiring father/father figures insisting he should have let a bus full of children die to keep his identity a secret.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No. #KeepZackAway

** that guy. After Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and the ORIGINAL cut of Justice League, and considering how well all of the movies he had nothing to do with turned out, that guy almost ruined the DCEU. ** him.
I'm surprised you still talking all this **** without wanting to watch the real Justice League without actual support as to why (blaming a director/producer for having a long term plan or not liking it cause others don't like it aren't valid). Mans makes a great movie in honor of his daughter and you decide to go "**** that guy".

BTW he's been involved with all but Shazam and Birds of Prey (even gonna be involved with TSS and Flash...more than likely WW3 and Aquaman 2 as well).
More like Man of Murder because that's what he was.
one singular kill that he promised to never do again...but that one 2013 kill is bad unlike every other one done

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm surprised you still talking all this ** without wanting to watch the real Justice League without actual support as to why (blaming a director/producer for having a long term plan or not liking it cause others don't like it aren't valid). Mans makes a great movie in honor of his daughter and you decide to go "** that guy".

BTW he's been involved with all but Shazam and Birds of Prey (even gonna be involved with TSS and Flash...more than likely WW3 and Aquaman 2 as well).

one singular kill that he promised to never do again...but that one 2013 kill is bad unlike every other one done
The dude almost killed any and all chances of DC succeeding in the movie buisness, and the one time they had the sense to kick him out the internet mobs together like flies to get him back on the project instead of leaving him out in the cold. Then people have the AUDACITY to call his version even a good movie? Hell, the notion of him making a PASSABLE film boggles the mind and seams physically impossible! Of course the internet masses who begged for this film and acted like ****s for years are gonna like it! I want him far away from all future DC projects so the films can actually succeed and you know, actually embody the hope and ideals of justice these heroes are supposed to inspire and embody!

I did not endure years of internet hate mobs against DC in general, let alone just their films, to let ANYONE get even a smidge close to ruining it again when they're JUST starting to get on their feet! Especiall with how much thin ice they're already walking on with Joker and the upcoming Batman movie.

And he's not supposed to kill! Every time he's done it it's been bad! It's something that should not have ever made it into a movie!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The DC animated movies are pretty good.
My favorite is Flashpoint Paradox. Though I still hold that that one should have been the R-rated one instead of Killing Joke.
But the MPAA sees sex as scandalous and violence, no matter how severe, as largely inoffensive.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As far as I'm concerned Shazam! and its upcoming sequel are standalone films separate from the DCEU.

I only look forward to The Suicide Squad due to Gunn directing and the fact it has King Shark.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sony bought out Evo. Nintendo's assesing the situation.

Probably means Smash, more specifically Melee isn't coming back.
"Assessing" most likely means "lol k bye Evo" in this case.

Y'all ready for Nintendo hosted tournaments where they invite random celebrities to play with items on? :pichumelee:

...If they care enough to host tournaments anymore.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
"Assessing" most likely means "lol k bye Evo" in this case.

Y'all ready for Nintendo hosted tournaments where they invite random celebrities to play with items on? :pichumelee:

...If they care enough to host tournaments anymore.
NoA does a pretty good job with their online tourneys, the issue is the lack of a meaningful prize pool.

The question is, will NoJ play ball, and the answer is no they probably won't.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The dude almost killed any and all chances of DC succeeding in the movie buisness, and the one time they had the sense to kick him out the internet mobs together like flies to get him back on the project instead of leaving him out in the cold. Then people have the AUDACITY to call his version even a good movie? Hell, the notion of him making a PASSABLE film boggles the mind and seams physically impossible! Of course the internet masses who begged for this film and acted like ****s for years are gonna like it! I want him far away from all future DC projects so the films can actually succeed and you know, actually embody the hope and ideals of justice these heroes are supposed to inspire and embody!

I did not endure years of internet hate mobs against DC in general, let alone just their films, to let ANYONE get even a smidge close to ruining it again when they're JUST starting to get on their feet! Especiall with how much thin ice they're already walking on with Joker and the upcoming Batman movie.

And he's not supposed to kill! Every time he's done it it's been bad! It's something that should not have ever made it into a movie!
A good bit of those kills happened while he was a good guy...and not under control...

and Snyder ain't do nothing that could be near killing DC's chances in in being successful in the movie business...they've never stopped being successful after Batman & Robin. Aquaman, a movie that involved him, is their most successful movie money wise. Right now, his JL movie (that you can't seem to accept being good no matter what) is getting praise from millions of people, we've lived in a society and have gone through countless reboots across the entire DC multiverse...and you think Zack Snyder of all people, for having a movie franchise quite similar in tone to both TDKR and all of the New 52, is the one guy who is ruining everything for them? Mate...DC has successful tv shows right now, are riding a movie momentum that has only recently gained WW84 as a road bump of sorts (both live and animated), have continued to have amazing games, just went through another soft reboot for their comics...but one guy who is being praised right now is the only thing to ruin all of DC...uh huh...mkay

and there's no way you could have an issue with Joker or The Batman
As far as I'm concerned Shazam! and its upcoming sequel are standalone films separate from the DCEU.

I only look forward to The Suicide Squad due to Gunn directing and the fact it has King Shark.
and as far as you're concerned it'd still be wrong...also Harley Quinn and John Cena starring the Suicide Squad also has Zack Snyder involved (just like with most of the DCEU movies)

inb4 Shazam teams up with the League to fight Daekseid...and not die in this one of course...poor Sean Astin Shazam
The DC animated movies are pretty good.
My favorite is Flashpoint Paradox. Though I still hold that that one should have been the R-rated one instead of Killing Joke.
But the MPAA sees sex as scandalous and violence, no matter how severe, as largely inoffensive.
Flashpoint is amazing, but so are Under the Red Hood + Death in the Family (gotta keep thrm together), Red Son, and Gothan by Gaslight.

Would recommend you check out Apokolips War if ya haven't seen it...makes the Snyder Cut and Endgame look like Sesame Street with how ruthless and grim it is

MooMew64

NoA does a pretty good job with their online tourneys, the issue is the lack of a meaningful prize pool.

The question is, will NoJ play ball, and the answer is no they probably won't.
Have they improved since when I last saw? If so, that's cool, but yeah NoJ is the big hurdle with comp. Dunno if there's a way around that one.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I think this was mainly on placeslike Twitter.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Have they improve since when I last saw? If so, that's cool, but yeah NoJ is the big hurdle with comp. Dunno if there's a way around that one.
Change of heart from the execs. Idk why they hate competitiveness so much when it's free money.

I mean, just look at how Pokemon does it, they love their competitive scene and it pays off immensly for them.

D

Deleted member

killing the Wither with bees is the funniest thing in Minecraft I swear

MooMew64

Change of heart from the execs. Idk why they hate competitiveness so much when it's free money.

I mean, just look at how Pokemon does it, they love their competitive scene and it pays off immensly for them.
I think it stems from Nintendo's obsessive need to control how their games are viewed.

Like, to them, they advertise Smash as "A party game" where anyone can play regardless of skill, and when you host a competitive event that showcases the game at a higher skill ceiling, it might come off to them as making it something different than what they intended. As silly as this sounds, it sounds a lot like what I remember reading someone who used to work with them shared about how Nintendo views their services. Wish I had the link to it, it was really eye opening at the time about why Nintendo is as stubborn as they are.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A good bit of those kills happened while he was a good guy...and not under control...
What does that have to do with anyone? People who write superman as a killer are writing with a poor understanding of the character and what he represents.
and Snyder ain't do nothing that could be near killing DC's chances in in being successful in the movie business...they've never stopped being successful after Batman & Robin. Aquaman, a movie that involved him, is their most successful movie money wise. Right now, his JL movie (that you can't seem to accept being good no matter what) is getting praise from millions of people, we've lived in a society and have gone through countless reboots across the entire DC multiverse...and you think Zack Snyder of all people, for having a movie franchise quite similar in tone to both TDKR and all of the New 52, is the one guy who is ruining everything for them? Mate...DC has successful tv shows right now, are riding a movie momentum that has only recently gained WW84 as a road bump of sorts (both live and animated), have continued to have amazing games, just went through another soft reboot for their comics...but one guy who is being praised right now is the only thing to ruin all of DC...uh huh...mkay
People hated The New 52! I'm sick of people making DC grimdark! It's always a needlessly cynical take on the world which limits what you can actually even use from their catalogue! There's a reason Clayface, Poison Ivy, and Mr. Freeze were never used in the Dark Knight Trilogy, and why the Lazarus Pit, the Venom Drug, and Joker's actual origin were never depicted. There's a reason the first Superman movie in this style had him ending it by SNAPPING GENERAL ZOD'S NECK!!! How do they beat Steppenwolf in the snyder cut? Tearing him limb from limb and bashing his brains in with a boulder? Maybe stick a batarang in his eye for good measure, after all it happened in TDKR so that means it's good and reflective of the characters!

Even if it doesn't ruin it financially, the Snyder Cut succeeding will tell DC that grimdark is profitable again! And that always ruins these characters and their stories!
and there's no way you could have an issue with Joker or The Batman
Why not?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think it stems from Nintendo's obsessive need to control how their games are viewed.

Like, to them, they advertise Smash as "A party game" where anyone can play regardless of skill, and when you host a competitive event that showcases the game at a higher skill ceiling, it might come off to them as making it something different than what they intended. As silly as this sounds, it sounds a lot like what I remember reading someone who used to work with them shared about how Nintendo views their services. Wish I had the link to it, it was really eye opening at the time about why Nintendo is as stubborn as they are.
Ye, I heard about that too.

They're super weird and touchy when it comes to that, and the odd thing is that it's just on the Japan side of things, because the other regions are wiling to branch off a bit.. They're really behind the times when it comes to stuff like that.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me going from killing someone with a saw blade in The Outer Worlds to contemplating life because of watching Laid-Back Camp to hunting robot Dinosaurs in Horizon Zero Dawn in less than an hour. Gotta love having media at the fingertips.

I was literally considering posting that on the Discord server earlier but I was like nah.

Seriously though being with you guys the past year and a bit has made me love animals more. Has been a strange influence I swear.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The new Dragon Ball Super was okay.

I peeked at Boruto despite me not reading Naruto at all and I have no ****ing clue why they're so technologically advanced and now there's apparently a bootleg Android Saga going on now.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mario Galaxy is fun and all, but you know what would really improve the game for me? A run button.

I have no patience.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What does that have to do with anyone? People who write superman as a killer are writing with a poor understanding of the character and what he represents.

People hated The New 52! I'm sick of people making DC grimdark! It's always a needlessly cynical take on the world which limits what you can actually even use from their catalogue! There's a reason Clayface, Poison Ivy, and Mr. Freeze were never used in the Dark Knight Trilogy, and why the Lazarus Pit, the Venom Drug, and Joker's actual origin were never depicted. There's a reason the first Superman movie in this style had him ending it by SNAPPING GENERAL ZOD'S NECK!!! How do they beat Steppenwolf in the snyder cut? Tearing him limb from limb and bashing his brains in with a boulder? Maybe stick a batarang in his eye for good measure, after all it happened in TDKR so that means it's good and reflective of the characters!

Even if it doesn't ruin it financially, the Snyder Cut succeeding will tell DC that grimdark is profitable again! And that always ruins these characters and their stories!

Why not?
  1. Superman kills when it's been needed most by writers. People have been so used to him being able to solve most issues without killing that they've forgotten the times he killed before and sometimes during so. It's like how most forgot he hated Japanese people cause war time, or how he helped Lois be a black person for a day or so...they make sure many of these things are forgotten
  2. I don't think you realize just how dark DC has been compared to Marvel. They've done...a lot...lots...loads even...of dark stories and characters. Most of it comes from Batman, but everyone has a dark story (hell Hal Jordan ****ed a 13 year old girl then ended up becoming a villain, while Kyle's girlfriend was killed and stuffed in a refrigerator...also the whole Sue Dibny incident). New 52 had more ups than downs and inspired a whole animated movie franchise that went even darker, and it's also the reason for many of the promotions of many characters such as Harley and Cyborg.
  3. Nolan didn't go past the enemies he did to keep his vision going...and Joker has been given countless origin stories that has been loved and well received.
  4. Superman killed Zod by pushing him in another live action movie (which was noted)...and he didn't regret that kill one bit.
  5. Joker and Apokolips War literally proved that them having dark stories can be successful for them...not like they stopped doing them anyways
  6. Honestly I'm starting to think you don't really like DC cause it seems like you don't know a whole lot about the dark secrets some of these heroes have hidden
  7. Easy...Joker was amazing as **** while The Batman will also be amazing as ****
Mario Galaxy is fun and all, but you know what would really improve the game for me? A run button.

I have no patience.
Galaxy was the only game in 3D All Stars I had patience for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom