• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Thanks, Nihon-shiki romanization for giving us "Yossy"

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Decided to take another part of the Omori collab as I wasn't too happy with my original part, so here's W.I.P. of that.
image1 (1).gif

image0.gif
Unfortunately these got compressed heavily when I made them GIFs, but the finalized video will have these in a higher resolution,

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've been playing Spider-Man PS4, and I'm upset because Doc Ock is a cool character and I'm not looking forward to him going evil because he's Doc Ock of course he's gonna go evil. I just got to the part where Miles started working at FEAST and Li tried to possess Peter Parker

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've been playing Spider-Man PS4, and I'm upset because Doc Ock is a cool character and I'm not looking forward to him going evil because he's Doc Ock of course he's gonna go evil. I just got to the part where Miles started working at FEAST and Li tried to possess Peter Parker
I like how you're trying to keep that small part a secret while Marvel just casually spoils whatever massive moment the **** they want whenever the **** they want...weird world

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hey, nothing wrong with getting emotional. That just means the characters and themes of the show really resonate with you, and that's great!

I personally haven't had a moment like that yet with Laid Back Camp but I've definitely felt it with other anime before.
I mean for a healing anime it really does the job and I don't know. Maybe I'm a bit envious of the characters and their lives. Wish I had that simplicity.

Okay these ads are starting to get ridiculous

I dunno why I’m even getting political ads cause I don’t think I’ve even watched a single one :090:
Cause you live in America. And you don't use YouTube Vanced.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dragon Ball villians be like:
"YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME? I am the STRONGEST! I'm njce and patient, so I'll handicap myself"
gets hit
"YOU DARE TOUCH ME? I'M NOT AT FULL POWER!
Gets hit even more
"WHA- IMPOSSIBLE! Haha, nit even at FULL POWER
Goes full power, still gets hit
"YOU BARELY SCRATCHED ME. I WIN"
Last Ditch Effort Backfires
"OH NO, I FAILED. I, THE MIST PKWERFUL BEING IN THE UNIVERSE WILL JUST STARE AS THEY PREPARE THEIR EXTREMEMLY LONG AND AVOIDABLE FINAL BLOW! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
dies

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I like how you're trying to keep that small part a secret while Marvel just casually spoils whatever massive moment the ** they want whenever the ** they want...weird world
I'm playing this game two and a half years late, mostly blind, and enjoying it. I wouldn't want to take that away from someone else, even if it's for a somewhat tame spoiler.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm playing this game two and a half years late, mostly blind, and enjoying it. I wouldn't want to take that away from someone else, even if it's for a somewhat tame spoiler.
doing better than a whole ass mega company and Sakurai combined...approved by ViShawn 20210306_121111.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can't believe Twitter reminded me of how nobody outside of the MCU knows who bought Avengers Tower in the MCU (easier to remember than Earth-199999 of course)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm tired and I should go to bed but at the same time I'm not in the mood.

Also Wipeout Omega Collection has the worst Photo Mode.

I'll play the Switch then.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Thinking how Captian Toad was actually a prequel to 3D World, until they lazily retconned it to promote a game that he wasn't even playable in, only for 3D World to be on the Switch anyways.
Mario just isn't allowed to have anything resembling continuity, and it genuinely frustrates me NGL.

Nintendo seems to think it would kill his appeal or scare off casuals, I guess. :drshrug:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thinking how Captian Toad was actually a prequel to 3D World, until they lazily retconned it to promote a game that he wasn't even playable in, only for 3D World to be on the Switch anyways.
Huh, didn’t know there was a retcon. Ultimately though, Nintendo retconning Treasure Tracker of all things doesn’t really bug me.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mario just isn't allowed to have anything resembling continuity, and it genuinely frustrates me NGL.

Nintendo seems to think it would kill his appeal or scare off casuals, I guess. :drshrug:
I mean, if Sunshine means anything
SMS_FLUDD_Backwards_Info.png

Mario Kart is canon. And all Mario Games besides Paper Mario happened before Sunshine. But as we see in Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario takes place inside a book therefore isn't canon to the main series. Like the books Rosalina has in her library. Which means Rosalina most likely has all the Paper Mario books inside her library. But if Paper Mario means anything, it's that Kart, Golf, and Tennis are all canon. So in conclusion:

Sunshine happens after Mario Kart 64. Gakaxy and NSMB happens after Sunshine, and Gakaxy 2, and yadda yadda. Kart, Tennis, and Golf are all canon.

Paper Mario is a children's novel series in universe, thus was never canon to begin with. It's a seperate continuity.

Mario and Luigi is in Limbo.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Does anyone find it weird how some Switch games have way better framerate while playing in handheld mode than they do when playing on the TV

1. Where the hell is Mishima? You'd expect any whispers of the Phantom Thieves and he'd be his ploughing his way through Tokyo just to say to Joker "You have my support!"
Joker/Akira/Ren not taking time to visit his bro Mishima is a crime.

I miss my boy.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone find it weird how some Switch games have way better framerate while playing in handheld mode than they do when playing on the TV
That's probably cause when you're playing in handheld the console doesn't have to render as much vs a wide screen 1080p tv.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, if Sunshine means anything
View attachment 306902
Mario Kart is canon. And all Mario Games besides Paper Mario happened before Sunshine. But as we see in Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario takes place inside a book therefore isn't canon to the main series. Like the books Rosalina has in her library. Which means Rosalina most likely has all the Paper Mario books inside her library. But if Paper Mario means anything, it's that Kart, Golf, and Tennis are all canon. So in conclusion:

Sunshine happens after Mario Kart 64. Gakaxy and NSMB happens after Sunshine, and Gakaxy 2, and yadda yadda. Kart, Tennis, and Golf are all canon.

Paper Mario is a children's novel series in universe, thus was never canon to begin with. It's a seperate continuity.

Mario and Luigi is in Limbo.
But I can go further beyond. Lets say Mario and Luigi are canon. Partners in Time is going back and time and stopping the Shroobs and saving Peach. But wait, if the main timeline implies the Shroobs lost, then there's an alt timeline where the Shroobs won. You know what other Mario Game has alternate timelines?

Captian Toad. Hear me out. The Shroobs weakness is crying. The toads cried so loud that they basically eradicated the Shroobs when they started to take over. But the damage has been done, meabjng some landacapes have been ravished. Every wondered why the Mushroom Kingdom in Odyssey takes place on a floating island? The Shroobs destroyed the land.

So what I'm saying is, The Wii U Treasure Tracker takes place in the good timeline.

Odyssey and Switch Treasure Tracker take place in the bad timeline.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
But I can go further beyond. Lets say Mario and Luigi are canon. Partners in Time is going back and time and stopping the Shroobs and saving Peach. But wait, if the main timeline implies the Shroobs lost, then there's an alt timeline where the Shroobs won. You know what other Mario Game has alternate timelines?

Captian Toad. Hear me out. The Shroobs weakness is crying. The toads cried so loud that they basically eradicated the Shroobs when they started to take over. But the damage has been done, meabjng some landacapes have been ravished. Every wondered why the Mushroom Kingdom in Odyssey takes place on a floating island? The Shroobs destroyed the land.

So what I'm saying is, The Wii U Treasure Tracker takes place in the good timeline.

So did the castle grounds float up into the air or did the Shroobs literally destroy everything around it including what’s below?

Noipoi

Howdy!

But that’s just a theory!

A GAM-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom