• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
watching the ****ty Justice League one last time (aka only the 3rd time ever)...and I'm already breaking down laughing at the bad **** despite only being 7 minutes in as of the end of this passage being read
My guess is Doctor Doom
Doom, Fantastic Four, Osborn...Ralph Bohner...all very valid options...but at this rate I think I'll want it to be J Jonah Jameson for the ****s and giggles

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
But I can go further beyond. Lets say Mario and Luigi are canon. Partners in Time is going back and time and stopping the Shroobs and saving Peach. But wait, if the main timeline implies the Shroobs lost, then there's an alt timeline where the Shroobs won. You know what other Mario Game has alternate timelines?

Captian Toad. Hear me out. The Shroobs weakness is crying. The toads cried so loud that they basically eradicated the Shroobs when they started to take over. But the damage has been done, meabjng some landacapes have been ravished. Every wondered why the Mushroom Kingdom in Odyssey takes place on a floating island? The Shroobs destroyed the land.

So what I'm saying is, The Wii U Treasure Tracker takes place in the good timeline.

Odyssey and Switch Treasure Tracker take place in the bad timeline.
Shroob Shroob can you confirm?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
AHAHAHAJAVAHAVAGAHAHA
Whedon League is an amazing comedy film
also the mASSive amounts of butt shots Diana and the other Amazonians have in this film jeez...makes you wonder what Josh was thinking when he was reworking/rushing through this movie outside of his beef with like...everybody, but mainly Ray Fisher and I guess all the women
can't believe I managed to survive this movie twice

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So i watched the Tom and Jerry movie at the local drive in theater.

I feel like the internet overhyped how bad this movie would end up being, i thought it was fine, no masterpiece of cinema or anything but perfectly fine. I don't know what that says about me lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
can't believe it took a 3rd movie viewing to finally realize the cgi mouth Clark has...doesn't affect the badness of the film of course but still understandable as to why peeps freaked it
So i watched the Tom and Jerry movie at the local drive in theater.

I feel like the internet overhyped how bad this movie would end up being, i thought it was fine, no masterpiece of cinema or anything but perfectly fine. I don't know what that says about me lol
it says you have no bias towards a movie based on what the public says about it...meaning your heart wasn't corrupted by the wants and needs of the public attempting to control you

...as I'm scared shirtless right now of course so maybe my explanation means nothing

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Decided to take another part of the Omori collab as I wasn't too happy with my original part, so here's W.I.P. of that.
View attachment 306896
Unfortunately these got compressed heavily when I made them GIFs, but the finalized video will have these in a higher resolution,
Aww, so cute, and looking better too!

Tho the other one is making me worried a bit...

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
as unlikley as it is, if they added a Rivals of Aether character to smash, which one would the pick? (Obviously discounting Shovel Knight and Ori)
I’ll play your game you maverick
I’d say wrastor has the most interesting thing to incorporate in smash (air smash attacks) without it feeling like too much for smash I feel like Sakurai would choose the bird because his move set is interesting but not too interesting you know?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’d say wrastor has the most interesting thing to incorporate in smash (air smash attacks) without it feeling like too much for smash I feel like Sakurai would choose the bird because his move set is interesting but not too interesting you know?
Yeah. Hard to choose since the game doesn’t really have a mascot.
Though amstill trying to figure out what this means.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
as unlikley as it is, if they added a Rivals of Aether character to smash, which one would the pick? (Obviously discounting Shovel Knight and Ori)
I haven’t played the game (I want to get it though), but maybe Orcane? I think a dog-orca-thing could be interesting; I don’t know how popular he is, though, or what he actually does besides bubbles or something, I just know Fraymakers is including him as a fighter.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Orcane seems to be the de facto crossover mascot in the same vein as Morrigan is to Capcom Vs titles so I'd put my money on him.

That said, they'd never add a character from Rivals into Smash. It's not even remotely close to the other indie games repped in Smash

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Why do I hear that Mario is gonna die on the 31st of March?
Because that’s when a lot of the Mario 35th anniversary stuff either ceases operation, in Super Mario Bros. 35, or goes off sale, in Super Mario 3D Allstars.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
View attachment 306960
I see that now, would be a good time to establish my capitalist empire, if people are willing to pay. /j
Guh-Huzzah proceeds to have a strangle hold on the industry so large that everyone has to go to him for drawings now! laughs manically

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Has it really been October last year since the latest update for PMEX Remix released?

Thought we'd get a new one by now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd go with Orcane. He knows the technique that is forbidden to Rivals of Aether characters:

Also, he's the game's playable representative in both Indie Pogo and Fraymakers.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know this might come off wrong to say but when compared to puppies, human babies are rather ugly in comparison.

Puppies will always be cuter.
There's a reason for that: human newborns are, by other mammals' standards, always born premature, even when carried to term.

With most other mammals, their newborns are developed enough to at least be able to move around on their own, albeit slowly in some cases. Hell, look at basically any bovine, equine, or other ungulate species and they're outright running around immediately after birth.

When humans evolved and we started to stand upright and our skulls got larger, one key thing didn't change to compensate: the birth canal. Human beings are already like the only mammal that has this much struggle actually giving birth in the first place, but even then, sacrifices had to be made, and as a result the skull of a human baby isn't fully formed yet when they're born.

And that's just one example of human newborns being, on average, less developed. Look at the difference in appearance between a newborn baby and one that's about six to eight months old. That's roughly how developed most other mammals are at birth, to show how much humans lag behind.

Essentially in any other animal it would be a crucial evolutionary flaw, but because humans are the world's most advanced apex predator and over all dominant species, some concessions were able to be made.

So yeah that's basically the major reason why human newborns are so damn ugly compared to other baby mammals.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There's a reason for that: human newborns are, by other mammals' standards, always born premature, even when carried to term.

With most other mammals, their newborns are developed enough to at least be able to move around on their own, albeit slowly in some cases. Hell, look at basically any bovine, equine, or other ungulate species and they're outright running around immediately after birth.

When humans evolved and we started to stand upright and our skulls got larger, one key thing didn't change to compensate: the birth canal. Human beings are already like the only mammal that has this much struggle actually giving birth in the first place, but even then, sacrifices had to be made, and as a result the skull of a human baby isn't fully formed yet when they're born.

And that's just one example of human newborns being, on average, less developed. Look at the difference in appearance between a newborn baby and one that's about six to eight months old. That's roughly how developed most other mammals are at birth, to show how much humans lag behind.

Essentially in any other animal it would be a crucial evolutionary flaw, but because humans are the world's most advanced apex predator and over all dominant species, some concessions were able to be made.

So yeah that's basically the major reason why human newborns are so damn ugly compared to other baby mammals.
The only exception to this would be marsupials considering they are practically an embryo when born. Difference is we don't have a safe pouch to hold our newborns while they develop. At least one that isn't a part of our anatomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom