• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There's a reason for that: human newborns are, by other mammals' standards, always born premature, even when carried to term.

With most other mammals, their newborns are developed enough to at least be able to move around on their own, albeit slowly in some cases. Hell, look at basically any bovine, equine, or other ungulate species and they're outright running around immediately after birth.

When humans evolved and we started to stand upright and our skulls got larger, one key thing didn't change to compensate: the birth canal. Human beings are already like the only mammal that has this much struggle actually giving birth in the first place, but even then, sacrifices had to be made, and as a result the skull of a human baby isn't fully formed yet when they're born.

And that's just one example of human newborns being, on average, less developed. Look at the difference in appearance between a newborn baby and one that's about six to eight months old. That's roughly how developed most other mammals are at birth, to show how much humans lag behind.

Essentially in any other animal it would be a crucial evolutionary flaw, but because humans are the world's most advanced apex predator and over all dominant species, some concessions were able to be made.

So yeah that's basically the major reason why human newborns are so damn ugly compared to other baby mammals.
TLDR: Human babies are ugly and dogs are gods

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dog were always better then humans in the very beginning
That I can definitely agree with. Talking to someone who is more of a dog person and empathic towards them.

The fact indigenous people have such respect for animals spiritually and as a symbol of stuff such as power, it's no wonder of any people around the world I have such respect for them and fascinated with their culture, legends and myths.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I could and had the power, I would certainly help indigenous people bringing back their cultures, beliefs, and traditions alive. The fact they were lost overtime as a result of European colonization saddens me. I'm grateful plenty still follows it but apparently isn't what it used to be and if possible would restore them back to what they once were.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whelp got our first case of the UK variant here in my city.

Joy! Our health system, mayor, and security protocols are such a joke. Seriously why do they still allow folks to travel here? So much for wanting to stop COVID because if they're so determined they would not allow any travel.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Whelp got our first case of the UK variant here in my city.

Joy! Our health system, mayor, and security protocols are such a joke. Seriously why do they still allow folks to travel here? So much for wanting to stop COVID because if they're so determined they would not allow any travel.
At least you've got free healthcare. In America, it's like $600 to get a COVID test.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean I'm just saying. If countries wants this pandemic to end, they should just close off all travel flight and driving, notably folks driving into cities and such. All cities should be closed off as with borders. This would help contain cases and until they finally die off.

Apparently they don't care I guess otherwise if countries and selfish people not taking it seriously had half the brain, we wouldn't be in this mess or things would have been revolved by now. The idiots in charge should be fired.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I will always say that the one thing ultimate desperatley needs is more sorting options for the character and stage select screen. Let me sort by both debut number AND franchise, PLEASE! I can never find anyone quickly!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m gonna literally build up the courage to fight Reaper to gain NG+

also I like how all the Persona 5 songs that has Lyn singing them (cause of course the rest of the soundtrack is just instrumentals)...the lyrics are casually telling you inspiring things while sounding badass. It’s really glorious

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So for the first time in about 2 and a half years and having to redownload it, tried my first pic in Horizon Zero Dawn:

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20210312143800.jpg

Meh of an attempt but tried to go for a "toy figures" angle on it.

In contrast I have this pic I took shortly after launch of the game:

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170303195823.jpg

Gonna cook up some more over the next while since depression has made a bit hard for wanting to write.

Edit: Wademan94 Wademan94 and Lamperouge Lamperouge as you guys are usually interested. Forgot to tag.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So for the first time in about 2 and a half years and having to redownload it, tried my first pic in Horizon Zero Dawn:

View attachment 307002

Meh of an attempt but tried to go for a "toy figures" angle on it.

In contrast I have this pic I took shortly after launch of the game:

View attachment 307004

Gonna cook up some more over the next while since depression has made a bit hard for wanting to write.

Edit: Wademan94 Wademan94 and Lamperouge Lamperouge as you guys are usually interested. Forgot to tag.
Oh I see, none of yous liked it.

OK, then here's my most cursed pic from Photo Mode ever!

Red Dead Redemption 2_20210304204205.jpg

Dan

Smash Lord
Unpopular opinion time: instead of the final two DLC characters I would much rather see a ton of Echoes and Deluxe Mii costumes... I just feel like that has the scope to appeal to much more people. At a certain point in Smash it becomes more important who the character is than what they play like; I personally have really disliked the DLC outside of Banjo and a few others.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unpopular opinion time: instead of the final two DLC characters I would much rather see a ton of Echoes and Deluxe Mii costumes... I just feel like that has the scope to appeal to much more people. At a certain point in Smash it becomes more important who the character is than what they play like; I personally have really disliked the DLC outside of Banjo and a few others.
8DBF6BC5-AF9D-48D4-B597-42F62FBCA609.jpeg

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Generally speaking I prefer to use characters I actually give a **** about. But of course how they play also matters a fair bit. If they are fun to play and click with me in a certain way then I am willing to pick them up.

For example, I recently started using Dark Pit after landing on him in the Random lottery, and have been doing fairly well with him.

As for echo DLC, I definitely think it would be interesting. One particular character I'd like to see as a potential echo fighter is Impa, there's also other fan favourites like Dixie Kong and Shadow that could work well to sell the echo DLC. I'm not sure how likely it is since clones/echoes are usually last minute roster padding, and DLC gives the devs as much time as needed to work on extra fighters without settling for just a palette swap, as a result they can opt for more interesting fighters that they couldn't add in the base game. If they want to add more they can keep doing so as long as the game is still relevant and people are still buying the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom