• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

mh1-14-impostor-of-the-sixth-pride.jpg

Ahem...

W̸̢͎̬͙͆̓͝ͅ ̸̢̛̬̳̔Ḧ̸̻̼́̈̚ ̷̡̗͋̃E̶̗͉͉̾̆̆ ̵̩̰̫͈͝Ņ̷̟̀̓̈͗̏ ̴̲̱́T̵͉̀̀̊̚ ̷̡̫̱̬̌͘H̵̰̠̭̝̋̿͗̿͝ ̵̮̗̺̭͔̇̄̃́̕E̶̯̩͐ ̴̨̜̫̲̥̋̔̀Ḯ̷̧̨̹̯͖ ̵̬̠̼͛̊M̸͎̓͋͜ ̵̜̞̀̀̿͒͛P̷̣̪̤̤̮̈́͛̅̔̓ ̸̨̘̜̱͖̍̉̚Ò̴̧̡̺͝ͅͅ ̸̪̥̟̦̈́͊S̴̪̾̕͠ ̷̯̪̀͘T̵͚̰̹͗ͅ ̵̨͓̹̣̞̈́̆̒̓͛Ȅ̶̫̋̏ ̸̯̞̗̥̈́̐͝͠R̴̨̈́̏̓ ̴̢̘͈͂̃̍̂̏Ḯ̵͍̤̯̟̤͝ ̵̻̺͍̇̐S̸̼͑̊̿̈́ͅ ̵̥̳͚̼̗͋S̷̭̯͗ ̷̧̉̆́Ǘ̵͖͔͖̾̔̉͜͝ ̷͇̖̑S̵̨̱̭͕͗̏͛̅

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I heard of that actually, though I never took it as an actual "zombie" disease and was more of how the deers acted like losing their fear of people but not going out of their way to bite nearby folks.
Well its "Zombie" attributes are mainly due to their rotting flesh more than aggression.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Went home for the weekend and picked up a bunch of packages. Finally had a lot of games/CDs from Limited Run arrive as well as picking up my copy of the FE Three Houses OST.

Also picked up my first anime cel. Hopefully I don't mess up preserving it. Will probably show it off once I get it framed.

I went with the Collectors Edition of Blaster Master Zero/Zero 2 and my goodness is it huge; is about twice as large and thick. Ended up taking a picture of it compared to the other Special Editons I have for the Switch. The entire box is holographic and everything inside was double shrink wrapped. lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So who saw the first episode of Death Battle Season 8?
Nah. Not interested in the matchup. That’s the only time I watch anymore. If it’s an interesting matchup. There’s only so much “DC vs Marvel” and “weird anime character I’ve never heard of vs weird anime character I’ve never heard of” I can take. I think the last one I watched was Beerus vs Galaxia.
Nope and haven't since Bowser vs. Ganondorf due to those idiots' love for NLF and their bias.

Maybe they would improve their shown if they just threw research aside and just had it be the fights instead.
Spoken like a crybaby upset that their favorite didn’t win.

I may think the show is boring now but I will defend almost every conclusion they reach.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spoken like a crybaby upset that their favorite didn’t win.
Ganondorf vs. Godzilla, Superman, Galactus, Hulk, Thanos, Darkseid, and Goku when?

Ganondorf obviously wins because they lack holy weapons.

Also Bowser has feats that far succeeds what Ganondorf is capable of. Dude survived and tanked a black hole, way above anything Ganondorf could survive.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ganondorf vs. Godzilla, Superman, Galactus, Hulk, Thanos, Darkseid, and Goku when?

Ganondorf obviously wins because they lack holy weapons.

Also Bowser has feats that far succeeds what Ganondorf is capable of. Dude survived and tanked a black hole, way above anything Ganondorf could survive.
Ok. You’re simultaneously using two opposing arguments. It’s not about who is stronger by itself. It’s about who they are and what they can do. Ganondorf didn’t kill bowser just by muscling it. He used magic and strategy.

And also, if your whole holy weapons thing is true, then bowser wouldn’t have been able to win anyway.

Speaking as someone who always has been pretty neutral on every character they cover, the bias always comes from the fans and their perceptions of their favorite characters clouding their ability to look objectively at what it presented.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People do understand how frikkin difficult it is to analyze two fictional magical fantasy beings accurately using real world science right?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He used magic and strategy.
Again the fact Bowser alone tanked and survived a black hole, Ganondorf couldn't put a dent on him.

I also want to see Ganondorf use that magic and strategy against the seven I listed all at once. Ganondorf obviously wins because none of them have holy weapons!

Ganondorf confirmed one of fiction's strongest characters!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sad when I can do better research than those two idiots...Then again it's just their own bias given Dante vs. Bayonetta, Gaara vs. Toph, Yang vs. Tifa, and Scorpion vs. Ryu.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Again the fact Bowser alone tanked and survived a black hole, Ganondorf couldn't put a dent on him.

I also want to see Ganondorf use that magic and strategy against the seven I listed all at once. Ganondorf obviously wins because none of them have holy weapons!

Ganondorf confirmed one of fiction's strongest characters!
He didn’t need to “put a dent in him”. He cursed him to decay like he did the Great Deku Tree. Surviving a black hole doesn’t make you immune to curses.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He didn’t need to “put a dent in him”. He cursed him to decay like he did the Great Deku Tree. Surviving a black hole doesn’t make you immune to curses.
So? Can he curse Godzilla, Superman, Hulk, Thanos, Darkseid, Galactus, and Goku all at once then? Hey as long as you have magic and strategy. That's what matters I guess.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I love how you can say this with a straight face when magic is one of Superman's toughest matchups. So much for better research
Except Superman moves at MFTL+ speeds and can shatter planets with his fists. Way above Ganondorf's league, he would defeat Ganondorf before he has a chance to even react.

One thing that needs to be kept in mind. Power difference and level. Not to mention Superman has fought magical foes well above Ganondorf's league and won.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Irl.

No cheats, canon abilities only.
Ok. Well I’ve been know you enter a rage state when triggered and I once flipped my sister onto the tile floor.... my nails are pretty sharp.... but I’m also tired and hungry all the time and need meds to focus.

Sad when I can do better research than those two idiots...Then again it's just their own bias given Dante vs. Bayonetta, Gaara vs. Toph, Yang vs. Tifa, and Scorpion vs. Ryu.
I think it’s your bias more then there’s. Especially as someone who is a huge fan of DMC, Bayonetta, MK, and SF, those victories were all legit.

It’s also not just those two idiots. They have a whole team of writers. At this point, Ben and Chad are just actors.

The only, ONLY, victory I disagree with is Ben 10 vs Green Lantern. But even that one, as a fan of both characters, I feel should have been a tie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think it’s your bias more then there’s. Especially as someone who is a huge fan of DMC, Bayonetta, MK, and SF, those victories were all legit.
You mean ****ing Dante's regen to Deadpool levels when it was nowhere close to that and Bayonetta having human durability despite having headbutted a skyscraper? Dante has impressive regen but nowhere close to Deadpool's. He couldn't regenerate limbs or his head. Yes being shot in the forehead impressive, but what about regenerating an entire head given it was never shown?

Also the fact Ryu scales to Akuma who destroyed an island with a punch. Scorpion getting stronger in the Neatherrealm is a No Limits Fallacy. That's the equalivant to a goldfish in a water bowl. Does that mean Scorpion can then beat any character he drags into the Neatherrealm like say Spawn, Superman, hell even Darkseid?
Power level mean nothing. And power scaling is ****ing dumb.
MFTL+ multiversal+ buster vs. average human speed street level character when?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Except Superman moves at MFTL+ speeds and can shatter planets with his fists. Way above Ganondorf's league, he would defeat Ganondorf before he has a chance to react.

One thing that needs to be kept in mind. Power difference and level. Not to mention Superman has fought magical foes well above Ganondorf's league and won.
Idk man, by the way you're saying, Ganon should at worst, have a stalemate. It's honestly hilarious that your whole perception on Death Battle seems to solely have changed based on a single video, never mind how you made a fool of yourself when Dracula VS Ganon happened and you wrongfully insisted it was a stalemate. There are actual criticisms that can be made, especially with modern DB, but you're letting a video that's gonna be 5 years old next month live in your head rent free

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dracula VS Ganon happened and you wrongfully insisted it was a stalemate.
It's called inconsistency and also bias which apparently what happened there.

The reason that episode still irks me to date is because they fell for that NLF holy weapons BS which by their logic Ganondorf can beat any character who doesn't have holy weapons.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been over this plenty of times, I'm not gonna bother arguing through any of this again.

I still stand. Death Battle at this point is a show where the winner is determined by two bias fanboys who can't do their research for ****.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's called inconsistency and also bias which apparently what happened there.

The reason that episode still irks me to date is because they fell for that NLF holy weapons BS which by their logic Ganondorf can beat any character who doesn't have holy weapons.
It's been 5 years, get over it. Also, love how you're claiming Dracula VS Ganon is bias when actual lore backed their claim, especially as the example they used wasn't the only evidence that backed their claim. It's a single video you're caring about, why do you have to rant about one 5 year old video every single time it gets brought up? Constantly slinging insults and acting like you'd do a better job while ignoring actual ****ing criticisms one can make of their stuff just makes you look like you're only upset because your favourite lost.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
  • Bowser canonically survives a black hole
  • Bowser cononically dies in lava (NSMB DS)
  • Ruby from Steven Universe canonically does not die in lava
therefore, lava is less dangerous than a black hole and ruby steven universe is stronger than Bowser.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom