• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Final Fantasy games that had garbage translations upon their releases:
FFII (Original NES prototype, issues fixed in subsequent versions)
FFIV (North American SNES version, issues fixed in GBA and DS versions)
FFV (North American PS1 version, issues fixed in GBA version)
FFVII (Original PS1 version, issues fixed in subsequent versions)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You mean ****ing Dante's regen to Deadpool levels when it was nowhere close to that and Bayonetta having human durability despite having headbutted a skyscraper? Dante has impressive regen but nowhere close to Deadpool's. He couldn't regenerate limbs or his head. Yes being shot in the forehead impressive, but what about regenerating an entire head given it was never shown?

Also the fact Ryu scales to Akuma who destroyed an island with a punch. Scorpion getting stronger in the Neatherrealm is a No Limits Fallacy. That's the equalivant to a goldfish in a water bowl. Does that mean Scorpion can then beat any character he drags into the Neatherrealm like say Spawn, Superman, hell even Darkseid?

MFTL+ multiversal+ buster vs. average human speed street level character when?
I feel you are exaggerating these errors. We don’t know if dante could regrow a head because we’ve never seen him get it cut off. They never said Bayo had “human level durability”, whatever that means. They said it was impressive she’s pulled off what she has despite being 100% human.

And also, the NLF isn’t the fault of death battle, it’s the fault of the writers for the franchises they work with. They’re the ones who write that stuff into cannon. And disregarding that because “it’s a fallacy”, that’s the true bias.

Those terms are meaningless and do nothing but ruin your perception of a vs matchup. Not to mention a lot of power scaling kind of depends on the idea that every character is always fighting at their 100% best in ever encounter unless they blanket tell us. Which is not true.

The problem isn’t with them. It’s with you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just loving my idea for a Kushtaka flick. Satisfying too given poachers are among the people it hunts and stalking them stealthily and cunningly like The Predator before proceeding to kill them in an animalistic and savage way.

Fear the Kushtaka the Land Otter Man.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
My brain runs on Final Fantasy, Mario, and various other historical and geographical facts.
Examples:
Final Fantasy:
Although Moogles debuted in FFIII, Kupo! did not debut until FFV.
Ultima first appeared in FFII, and would not reappear until FFVI.
Final Fantasy III wasn't released in the west because of the impending launch of the SNES.
Geographical:
Germany has the fourth-largest GDP in the world.
The oldest country is Iraq.
The dominant religion in Africa is christianity.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Been over this plenty of times, I'm not gonna bother arguing through any of this again.

I still stand. Death Battle at this point is a show where the winner is determined by two bias fanboys who can't do their research for ****.
They just voice the characters. They don’t do any of the research and they don’t pick the winners. In fact, they have often said that if they literally just made who they wanted win win then their episode count would be like double what it is because it’s the research part (which again, they have a whole team of people doing) that takes so long!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
More images of the fearsome Kushtaka name translating to "Land Otter Man".

This really does need its own killer creature flick. Otters alone can be very nasty critters despite their cute and cuddly appearance. Imagine what an ottersquatch would be like especially given in Alaskan folklore they're considered one of the most malevolent creatures.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am so sick of college! I’m on my last semester and I’m mega behind and I have no motivation to engage with any of it and I’m freaking out and scared and I’m lying to my mom about being caught up because I’m afraid of her yelling at me do I have no help and she’s treating me like I’m fine and I don’t know what to do! I don’t want to do this anymore but if I don’t get back on track I’ll never get out of here!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Goombah would constantly try to run into Waddle Dee while Waddle Dee straight up just goes home or some **** to take a nap
That's a dual I want to see animate.

Screw those all powerful gods, superheroes or just really skilled peoples or the like, I want to see two low tier enemies trying their best before taking a naps. 'cuz everyone deserve a good nap.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Anyways took some photos from Ghost of Tsushima, Red Dead and tried the Scapes mode in Gran Turismo Sport. Tagging Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge Noipoi Noipoi since you guys would probably enjoy these.

There's a bunch of yous who might like it as well depending on your thoughts of each.

Red Dead Redemption 2_20210308160540.jpg

Red Dead Redemption 2_20210213181515.jpg

Red Dead Redemption 2_20210123205036.jpg
Ghost of Tsushima_20210224234145.jpg

Ghost of Tsushima_20210225000740.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210308200826.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210308200836.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210308200846.jpg

Just discovered about the final one the other day where you place the cars and stuff into photos of places. Very photoshop-esque of a photo editor. I'm very impressed.

So did the theme of places I've been to IRL.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Wwho do i get in contact to get help with this "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." error whenever I try to change icons
Probably Warchamp7 Warchamp7 .

Sometimes images break on here. Just give it time and it should sort itself out.

EDIT: Looks like Pumpkaboo got it working, lol.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What's funnier is that both Goomba's & Waddle Dee's give 0 **** about their lifes, like how many Goomba got either stomp or burn, or how many Waddle Dee got eated, burn, slashed, shocked, etc..?

They may be weak and/or ignorant, but dang, do they try their best to always be in your way

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
What's funnier is that both Goomba's & Waddle Dee's give 0 **** about their lifes, like how many Goomba got either stomp or burn, or how many Waddle Dee got eated, burn, slashed, shocked, etc..?

They may be weak and/or ignorant, but dang, do they try their best to always be in your way
Sometimes I wish I had the bravery of a goomba

god damm those boys are committed to the cause

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Alright
Oh Kay
Aye Yo
Bay Bay
DD9E6659-47F7-444F-BA4A-51EB514F03BE.jpeg
4B0270D1-6C26-4D83-BD91-309BE00E81ED.jpeg
this tier list is now approved by SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 ...because I say so

Edit: That and because Wade would kill me for mentioning THE LEGEND OF KORRA

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sometimes I wish I had the bravery of a goomba

god damm those boys are committed to the cause

God bless all of those magnificent ********.

True loyalty to their boss no matter what til they get stomped to death.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My manabase for my Esika EDH is looking a bit.... how should I put this?
5BE92783-9FB3-4C96-949C-4015B6441F9C.jpeg

garbage, but considering I’m building this as a “budget” superfriends it’s not that bad.

I only hope I don’t need to buy Ravnica duallands...

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Im curious, how many people do you think are already bored of pyra and mythra
Not alot?

Character been barely out and as ton of options, is fun at casual level (Pyra) and seem (key word seem) viable at high level (Mythra) and you can mix both at any time during a match.

That, and it usually take 1 month at least before lots of peoples get bored of a character.

In fact, I feel this question should be asked about Sephiroth.

Like beside Tweek, I don't see peoples talking about him that much those days.

D

Deleted member

Character been barely out and as ton of options, is fun at casual level (Pyra) and seem (key word seem) viable at high level (Mythra) and you can mix both at any time during a match.
As a filthy casual I can confirm that Pyra is indeed fun. I love those slow, hard hitting characters much more than those nimble ones like Sheik or Mythra. Joker's pretty much the only exception and even with him I sometimes wish I could disable Arsene at will.

Well, I also love Falcon who is strong and fast and needs a new game badly. Please, even if it's just an HD port of GX.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've begun a long-term project of working on combo videos, just for funsies.

I hate it when my video space on OBS runs out, though. Losing footage and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom