• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As a filthy casual I can confirm that Pyra is indeed fun. I love those slow, hard hitting characters much more than those nimble ones like Sheik or Mythra. Joker's pretty much the only exception and even with him I sometimes wish I could disable Arsene at will.

Well, I also love Falcon who is strong and fast and needs a new game badly. Please, even if it's just an HD port of GX.
When you do the Pyra Dair Spike on grounded opponent into Up air at kill percent combo juuuuust right.
793.png

That's the kind of stuff that make me love a character.

Also Falcon atleast work with Min-Min for the mean time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
She’s lucky she’s a heavy.

I like heavies.
Think she's a middleweight (same weight as Mario in fact), not a heavy per say. (she got the power of one, for sure)

Which hey, it's much better than being Sephi or Mewtwo at the very least.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Pyra/Mythra have definitely been really fun to play as but I'm the stage where I can get a bit nitpicky.

Also and just a thought but one of Mythra's victory screens I would have preferred without Rex. The one where she shouts "Peak Form!" but that's just me. Feel like having one of her victory's just on her own so to reflect her self-confidence.

If I had to put two in terms of fighter enjoyment I'd put 3rd. Stage enjoyment would be 2nd right behind Mementos.

Still super happy with it all.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

If I had to put two in terms of fighter enjoyment I'd put 3rd. Stage enjoyment would be 2nd right behind Mementos.
I see, a man of culture. Mementos is definitely a top tier stage with top tier music. Just the constant meowing of Mona can get a tad annoying.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Which series have you been watching? Lupin is separated by the color of his jacket in each series: I love blue jacket and red jacket era myself.
Mainly watching the dubbed versions of Part 2 and Part 5, looking into where I can find part 4 as well as some of the movies like Mystery of Mamo and The First.

D

Deleted member

Playing on 2b2t is like being an adventurer unearthing relics and ruins from the past that others left behind ngl

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thinking of what I'm gonna watch next anime wise. Watched The Devil is a Part Timer since Season 2 is announced. Maybe Zombieland Saga................again since Season 2 is a few weeks away or Amagi Brilliant Park since it is a bit similar level of enjoyment.

Still haven't watched some of the bigger anime like Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note but they aren't as much my thing to be fair.

Also please Sakurai, make this official. All I want is a character select screen sorted by franchise.
This so much.

Give us sorting by A-Z, Franchise, Most used and a few others.

Same with Stages plus sort by size. I get the whole "fighter number" thing but at the end of the day, it's only for people who understand it all and have followed Smash, not the causal kid who got it as one of his/her first Switch games.

D

Deleted member

Same with Stages plus sort by size. I get the whole "fighter number" thing but at the end of the day, it's only for people who understand it all and have followed Smash, not the causal kid who got it as one of his/her first Switch games.
Not to mention the whole "sorting by number" thing gets kinda blurry when taking echos into account, who seem fairly inconsistent. Like Dark Pit is an echo of Pit and Lucina of Marth, but Doc isn't an echo of Mario? Even though those three shared the same "clone corner" in Smash 4? Then there's Chrom, who is an echo of Roy, but having Ike's recovery, making him much more different from other echos. At a certain point it just gets confusing.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Luigi was originally a palette swap of Mario. Ken was originally a palette swap of Ryu.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My nieces are two casual kids who got Ultimate as their first Switch game and they're perfectly fine with how the roster is set out.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We’ve gone full circle lmao
So wait, Professor Burnet was revealed to have to be pregnant at the very end of the Sun and Moon series, so she must have been showing the first signs at that point. That would mean that at least a couple of months to almost over half a year have passed since Ash left, which means that Ash aged. There's no way he's 10 anymore.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Eh, it’s gotten a little better in recent years.

The Sun/Moon anime really wasn’t that bad.
It wasn't bad at all, but X&Y fans were so damn obnoxious because they wanted to experiment with the artstyle and stylize it. Which, by doing so, made it far more expressive in return.

But Muh Seriousness. Muh Greninja.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest, the only Pokemon anime I’ve finished entirely is XY, B/W, and the original.

I started watching the Sun and Moon anime but I don’t remember why I stopped :035:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It wasn't bad at all, but X&Y fans were so damn obnoxious because they wanted to experiment with the artstyle and stylize it. Which, by doing so, made it far more expressive in return.

But Muh Seriousness. Muh Greninja.
The art style didn't stick with me, the plots and writing sucked ass 3/4 of the time, and most of the episodes were cliches. Very few episodes got a kick out of me. Though honestly, at least they had a nice recurring cast of characters that made reappearances. If there was one thing that show did right, it was world building.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Who the hell cuts Young Link for Classic Link?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So wait, Professor Burnet was revealed to have to be pregnant at the very end of the Sun and Moon series, so she must have been showing the first signs at that point. That would mean that at least a couple of months to almost over half a year have passed since Ash left, which means that Ash aged. There's no way he's 10 anymore.
Not as bad as in the newer episodes of the Simpsons, where Selma has an adopted toddler that made her debut as a baby, while Bart is still 10, Lisa is still 8, Maggie is still 1, and Marge and Homer are still...however old parents usually are when their oldest kid is 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom