• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just gonna put a "My Top 10 Switch Games" list up cause why not
  1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  5. Persona 5 Strikers
  6. Splatoon 2
  7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  8. Bayonetta 1 + 2 (cause imma count it as a singular entity)
  9. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  10. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
and a bonus 6 just cause
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  • Super Mario Party
  • Shantae in general
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Super Mario Galaxy (cause that was the only game in 3D All Stars to be satisfying for my sanity)
  • Lego DC Supervillains
Here's to another year of Amazing Switch action

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
4 years....

Which is means it's also four years since these two amazing games came out:

1614811679361.png
499733-horizon-zero-dawn-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg

Early 2017 was one of the best periods of games regardless of platform.

Might go back to Horizon actually.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Last edited by a moderator:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

BIG D Was Taken

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BIGD#791
So guys really curious to ask this with DLC coming up.

Who do you guys fight first with the new DLC character? Just interested.

How I go is this:

1. Mario on Final Destination - You must beat Mr. Nintendo to prove you are worthy!
2. Every DLC character released so far on their home stage. So eight stages.
3. Other series rep (s) on all stages from the series. / if have not other skip to four.
4. Random fights on home stage.

Looks like I'll have it easy with Pyra/Mythra.
i just run to my friends house and start having fun in 1V1s then doubles online

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

How I go is this:

1. Mario on Final Destination - You must beat Mr. Nintendo to prove you are worthy!
3. Other series rep (s) on all stages from the series. / if have not other skip to four.

Usually my first fights with the new DLC character is my brother and I testing them out against each other for an hour or two.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wonder how many spoilers are going to be included in tomorrow's presentation. Then again, I suppose "spoiler" depends on where you are in the game - if I didn't already know who the party members were in the game, then the inclusion of Mythra and having Morag and Zeke appear on the stage would have been a spoiler for me, based on where I'm at.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So i'm kinda trying to come up with ideas on what if Persona 5 were to get a spirit event to fil out the remaininng members of the group. Who would portray Kasumi, Sophie and Zenkichi in spirit battles.
For Kasumi i was thinking like, Lucina or something.
For Sophiei was thinking MinMIn, since Sophie uses a yoyo for long range attack that could be simulated with Minmin's arms.
And for Zenkichi:
his phantom thief fighting style reminds me of FF7R Cloud a bit so i was thinking on giving him Advent Children Cloud.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Considering Pyra and Mythra confirmed that a Mii costume's franchise isn't out of the running, that is very much a real possibility now! An unlikely one, but a possibility nonetheless.
If we are, it's probably going to be Undyne or Flowey. If Sakurai and Toby are feeling really trollish, the Annoying Dog.

D

Deleted member

How I go is this:

I just take the new character against lvl 9 cpus most of time for the lols ¯\(ツ)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

How I go is this:

With each DLC character first thing I do is run through their Classic Mode, just a casual run really to see if they strike me in anyway. Then, if they are a more complicated character, I'll mess around in Training Mode for a bit to get the hang of how they play before playing some offline matches. Usually against CPUs but if I'm with someone I'll play against them, most likely it'll be dittos since it would be the first time for either of us using the character.

Then I figure out if I actually like using the character, so in most cases I'll probably stop using them, unless for the lulz. If I like them enough I'll try some online matches next time I'm by myself, if I'm not already.

In the case of Pyra/Mythra I won't be able to use them till later in the day (assuming they get released tomorrow) since I literally start work at the same time of the presentation.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I still think though somewhat controversially that with a new Xenoblade rep, ARMS character and Sephiroth that the characters I think personally should have been in the base roster are a third complete. Just feels like a few would look better there in the base.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also, hope after the DLC releases for Smash Bros Ultimate most of the stages are being given a bit of a spring cleaning to look a bit better. A few like Gaur Plain and Mario Galaxy still look off to me.
Speaking of stages like that, I will always prefer the lighting system of Smash 4.

Random opinion, feel free to spit on it. Gonna go take some game photos.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

If both Lloyd and Monster Hunter die, then my god speculation is gonna get weird.

I love it.
You know what? I can see the Concert rumour being true or has been debunked yet?

Cause I can see Monster Hunter being in there as well as Crash.

Lloyd? Don't know on him. I'm fine without out.

What I do want though is another premium Mii Fighter. I want more Indie music goddammit!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Still need to play Automata man. I’ve heard so much good about that game. I do wish there was a PS5 version tho.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I have work early in the morning so I won't be able to catch this jank live anyway.

Still, I predict that the Mii costumes are going to be fairly tame and we won't see any major disconfirmations. Watch me be royally wrong though lmao.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm fully prepared for Lloyd's death tomorrow, if he doesn't die it's going to drive me nuts.

I really want Tales of in smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom