• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know animals aren't really close to humans in terms of intelligence, but some of these animals are legit smart as hell.

Like, have you seen bears? Those dudes kniw way more than when we humans want to believe.
Crows are legit geniuses, those ****ers know how traffic and stoplights work and use cars to break open hard nuts, which they eat when there's a red light

D

Deleted member

Crows are legit geniuses, those ****ers know how traffic and stoplights work and use cars to break open hard nuts, which they eat when there's a red light
Birds in general are pretty rad when it comes to intelligence

I would know, I have a whole flock of em :yeahboi:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I know animals aren't really close to humans in terms of intelligence, but some of these animals are legit smart as hell.

Like, have you seen bears? Those dudes kniw way more than when we humans want to believe.
Cephalopods are kinda scary with how clever they can be.

Also Rats 100% know what they are doing to humans and are slowly planning their takeover

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Also Rats 100% know what they are doing to humans and are slowly planning their takeover
The Kill to Death ratio on Rats vs Humans is absurdly onesided in the rats favor if we're looking back at history.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
ngl, I be, no joke, pretty hype for a Malos Mii Costume.

Yeah I know Swordfighter is the worst of the Mii & I still prefer if he was a echo or the like, but at this point, I already got enough stuff I wanted and I take anything at this point, a spirit, a alt, etc..so long my man is here, I'm in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Cephalopods are genius animals.

The only reason they aren’t any smarter is because they don’t pass on knowledge from generation to generation. By the time an octopus is born, it’s mother is dead and it’s father is no where to be seen. If octopi raised their children and taught them what they learned, they’d probably evolve sapience or something.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Cephalopods are genius animals.

The only reason they aren’t any smarter is because they don’t pass on knowledge from generation to generation. By the time an octopus is born, it’s mother is dead and it’s father is no where to be seen. If octopi raised their children and taught them what they learned, they’d probably evolve sapience or something.
Basically, cephalopods are living life on Disney mode.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just watched the classic Godzilla (1954) yesterday as part of my Kaiju Marathon for Godzilla vs. Kong.

There's a reason it holds up being one of the best kaiju films. Strong theme and message to it.

Tonight I'll be watching the original 1933 King Kong.

BIG D Was Taken

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BIGD#791
@Guh-Huzzah! I heard today It is the anniversary of FNaF3.

A Discord friend made some fanart to celebrate:
Ĭ̴̝̟̼̞̺͎̩̩̎̓͑̈́̀ ̴̨̛͕͔̺̻͓̜͒͆̽͑͆͑͋̅̈́̅͝Ą̴̨͇͔̙̟̐̃̐̽̀̃͐̏͐L̵̡̧̨̩̱̟̣̘̯̲̼͖̊̀͝Ẉ̵̏̐́̀̌̈́Ḁ̸̱̠͎̞̙̥͈̆͌͐͠Y̵̨̨̞͉̟̲̞̪̟̍̍̌̔͛̆̂̏͘Ṣ̷̝̽̂̋̿̉̉͑͗͌̿͝ ̴̬́̏̈́͘C̵̢̧̢̛̟͍̯̠̩̘̼̪͔̮̪̋̆͊͛͗͐͠Ò̷̝̯̯̺̲̹̟̦̔̑̎M̵̬̮̖͖͎̺͇͎̹̥̎͑̉͌̇̚͜͜Ě̷̦̗̖́́͑̈́͛̑̋̇̈́̐̿͝͠ ̷̤͛̃̀̾̒͌̐̑͒͐͘B̵͕͎̗̭͉̮̱̠͈͓͓̈́̓̈͗̂͆̅̾ͅȀ̷̢̫̺̖͍͉̗̼̺̪͉̺̠͎̌͆̾͗͗́̉̃͒̾̈́̿̿Č̸̢̰̩̖͔̹̹̀̐̔̅́̔͊̆́̈͘͝Ķ̷̡̛̼̦͉̰̦͓͎̿̔͑̓̑̋͆̈́̓͒̾̚͘͠

M̶̧̢̨̥̖̼̲͓̻̬͕̂͜͠Į̵̙̱̳͔͉̄̓͗̀̀͂̿̈́͑͋̂C̵̢̧̯̝̹͉͍̠̈́H̶̝̬̞̳̱̭̤͔̥̫̘̃͆̚E̸̢̧̙̺̝͖͇͔̍͌͒̒͋́̎̈́̎̽̀̒̀̂͜Ā̶̢̙̘̘̺͙̯͕̤̗̤̖͍̭̩͌̿͒̌͋̄͋̀͊̚̚L̸̬̳͊̃̐̑́͐͘͠͝ ̷̢̫͖̊̾̅̀͑̎̈̌̂̉̕̕̕͠͝Ḫ̴̺̓͂̎̑̄̈́̎̽͛̄̕͘͘Ė̶̛̩̃̐̈̓̎L̸͍̙̒͒̽̂͛̔̔͝ͅP̴̡̧͎̘̞̰͙̣̋̿͝

D

Deleted member

Ĭ̴̝̟̼̞̺͎̩̩̎̓͑̈́̀ ̴̨̛͕͔̺̻͓̜͒͆̽͑͆͑͋̅̈́̅͝Ą̴̨͇͔̙̟̐̃̐̽̀̃͐̏͐L̵̡̧̨̩̱̟̣̘̯̲̼͖̊̀͝Ẉ̵̏̐́̀̌̈́Ḁ̸̱̠͎̞̙̥͈̆͌͐͠Y̵̨̨̞͉̟̲̞̪̟̍̍̌̔͛̆̂̏͘Ṣ̷̝̽̂̋̿̉̉͑͗͌̿͝ ̴̬́̏̈́͘C̵̢̧̢̛̟͍̯̠̩̘̼̪͔̮̪̋̆͊͛͗͐͠Ò̷̝̯̯̺̲̹̟̦̔̑̎M̵̬̮̖͖͎̺͇͎̹̥̎͑̉͌̇̚͜͜Ě̷̦̗̖́́͑̈́͛̑̋̇̈́̐̿͝͠ ̷̤͛̃̀̾̒͌̐̑͒͐͘B̵͕͎̗̭͉̮̱̠͈͓͓̈́̓̈͗̂͆̅̾ͅȀ̷̢̫̺̖͍͉̗̼̺̪͉̺̠͎̌͆̾͗͗́̉̃͒̾̈́̿̿Č̸̢̰̩̖͔̹̹̀̐̔̅́̔͊̆́̈͘͝Ķ̷̡̛̼̦͉̰̦͓͎̿̔͑̓̑̋͆̈́̓͒̾̚͘͠

M̶̧̢̨̥̖̼̲͓̻̬͕̂͜͠Į̵̙̱̳͔͉̄̓͗̀̀͂̿̈́͑͋̂C̵̢̧̯̝̹͉͍̠̈́H̶̝̬̞̳̱̭̤͔̥̫̘̃͆̚E̸̢̧̙̺̝͖͇͔̍͌͒̒͋́̎̈́̎̽̀̒̀̂͜Ā̶̢̙̘̘̺͙̯͕̤̗̤̖͍̭̩͌̿͒̌͋̄͋̀͊̚̚L̸̬̳͊̃̐̑́͐͘͠͝ ̷̢̫͖̊̾̅̀͑̎̈̌̂̉̕̕̕͠͝Ḫ̴̺̓͂̎̑̄̈́̎̽͛̄̕͘͘Ė̶̛̩̃̐̈̓̎L̸͍̙̒͒̽̂͛̔̔͝ͅP̴̡̧͎̘̞̰͙̣̋̿͝
dude, tone it down a bit, I can barely read this

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Sir are you ok?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I got another sketch to share and a Blue Variant of that Shirt I shared Yesterday.

I got more fan-art to work on soon too. I want to build up a backlog of 5 or so if I can, but if not, then you'll see a few more sketches too.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

Can’t read the bottom text

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
If anyone here is an expert at recovering files that are lost after formatting a USB Drive let me know since ive been trying to recover some Word documents i created recently.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Hes a FNAF fan.

I can respect that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It blows my mind that dolphins and other cetaceans have basically developed their own languages, or at the very least something akin to language. They even give eachother names. Then you have other animals like Alex the parrot or Koko the gorilla who may not have had language in the wild, but were able to be taught to speak very basic English and ASL respectively.

Language is just so complex and abstract it's hard to remember that it's not exclusively a human thing sometimes.
The thing that gets me about cephalopod intelligence is that they evolved brains completely separately from vertebrates and are still incredibly intelligent anyway. Like most mollusks don't even have true brains and yet somehow the few that do are among the smartest creatures in the animal kingdom.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
i regret spending that many hours making theories and watching every ****ing matpat fnaf video 10 times over
Well I mean, you could of spent it robbing banks and killing people so I say time well spent. I say that about a lot of regrets in my life. Except her, but that's a story for a different day.

Anyways, how we all doing? I just got back from the store.

D

Deleted member

Then you have other animals like Alex the parrot or Coco the gorilla who may not have had language in the wild, but were able to be taught to speak very basic English and ASL respectively.
In the case of parrots, most of the smaller birds like Parakeets and Cockatiels can only mimic and don't understand what they're saying, but bigger ones like Cockatoos and Indian Ringnecks can learn and associate words with specific things.

I spend way too much time of my life researching birds lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom