• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't want to have kids (and by kids I mean 13 and under)

I DO want to have anything higher than that

Man father-son bonding time where I talk about how it was when I was a kid and how they have it easy

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So you're going to adopt a 14 year old then? :p
But then I don't get those father-son bonding moments where I also bring up nice stuff from his childhood man

Roach you're not even 16 yet are you? Boy you aren't gonna be havin to worry about kids any time soon... LOL
Still doesn't change the fact that I hate kids 13 and under

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Last year I hated kids.

They're not that bad now.
Might sound weird but it'd be fun to apply how you think a kid should be raised. Fix what you thought was dumb in your childhood, in a way. Small rant but my grandparents were extremely religious, like the crazy kind of Christians lol. As a result my parents didn't really want me to have something like that, no church or religion, really. And of course, I disagree with some of the stuff my parents did, and so IT CONTINUES.

And plus I have experience in EV training and breeding for IVs. The same principals apply, right?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
A kid with 31 IVs in every stat and 252HP/252Def/4Att Impish nature?

Heh....

*NOTE: considering my family's genetics and fitness and w/e, trust me it'd be better to invest in HP and Def in this case rather than Att >_>

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I tend to dislike kids myself, but that's probably because I work in retail. Stupid kids (with even stupider parents) come in all of the time and mess everything up, throw Styrofoam balls around, play with the markers, cry at their parents when they don't get exactly what they want, cry at their parents for no reason at all, and are just annoying and stupid in general.

I mean, today this girl who couldn't have been much younger than 10 was getting these stencils, and she pointed out to her mom that the package didn't make sense and 26 individual squares wouldn't work because there are 36 letters in the alphabet. (You do not know how hard it was to keep from laughing until she left.)

Then last Tuesday a girl just up and peed in the middle of the aisle. >_> It was disgusting as hell, thank god the mother was actually a responsible one for once and instead of talking about how cute it was or something, she cleaned it up herself and was mad at her child for doing it.

But basically, kids are stupid. It's not necessarily the kids' fault, really; it's the parents' fault for not properly parenting at all or even, god forbid, actually looking after them in public. Still, I have an aversion to children. Except for the really, really nice ones that are all shy and polite. Too bad those turn up once in a blue moon.

ndayday

BRoomer
Ah kids in stores.

Also too bad the shy ones are like, low tier when they get older. :(

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I tend to dislike kids myself, but that's probably because I work in retail. Stupid kids (with even stupider parents) come in all of the time and mess everything up, throw Styrofoam balls around, play with the markers, cry at their parents when they don't get exactly what they want, cry at their parents for no reason at all, and are just annoying and stupid in general.

I mean, today this girl who couldn't have been much younger than 10 was getting these stencils, and she pointed out to her mom that the package didn't make sense and 26 individual squares wouldn't work because there are 36 letters in the alphabet. (You do not know how hard it was to keep from laughing until she left.)

Then last Tuesday a girl just up and peed in the middle of the aisle. >_> It was disgusting as hell, thank god the mother was actually a responsible one for once and instead of talking about how cute it was or something, she cleaned it up herself and was mad at her child for doing it.

But basically, kids are stupid. It's not necessarily the kids' fault, really; it's the parents' fault for not properly parenting at all or even, god forbid, actually looking after them in public. Still, I have an aversion to children. Except for the really, really nice ones that are all shy and polite. Too bad those turn up once in a blue moon.
What kind of 10 year old doesn't even know the alphabet?

And yeah... the shy and polite one is me because I was the only kid I've ever seen who could actually sit down on a chair for an hour without getting up and causing **** while his parents talked. That's probably because my dad was one of the responsible parents though. Once I started crying for a toy at Wall-Mart and he basically carried me out football style with me bawling and took me to the car where he spanked me for like 10 minutes straight.

Also too bad the shy ones are like, low tier when they get older. :(
Story of my life ;_;

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What kind of 10 year old doesn't even know the alphabet?
10-year-olds in Fairfield. Because when you're in the bubble, you don't actually need to know things, you can just be rude, obnoxious, and stupid, and have everything handed to you on a silver platter!

/doesn't hate the town he lives in at all

And yeah... the shy and polite one is me because I was the only kid I've ever seen who could actually sit down on a chair for an hour without getting up and causing **** while his parents talked. That's probably because my dad was one of the responsible parents though. Once I started crying for a toy at Wall-Mart and he basically carried me out football style with me bawling and took me to the car where he spanked me for like 10 minutes straight.
Yeah, same for me. I wasn't exactly a perfect child, but I never acted up in public.

But yeah Ndayday is right. I like the fact that I don't act like a tool, but on the other hand, when starting a conversation poses a legitimate problem, you know something's not right. (MK can vouch for this one. T_T)

ndayday

BRoomer
Coincidentally the title of the tab is Social Kids due to it being a social thread.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
TIL Firus lives in fairfield.
Lol, it sort of got mentioned in the interview I did with Tery a while back, but yeah, I do indeed live in Fairfield, unfortunately.

I'll miss a handful of people when I move in the near future, but I don't imagine I'll miss the town itself or the majority of its population at all. It may be nice and safe, but it's full of rich, entitled pricks, and now that Borders is closing I think Stop & Shop has secured its place as the most exciting place in the town.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
For some reason, I find it hard to believe that any one place attracts douchebags. But then again, I've had the questionable privilege of living in suburban Minnesota.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm generalizing more than I probably should, but trust me when I say that a lot of people in Fairfield are rich and feel entitled to everything ever.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I am moving for college, yeah, but my family is moving as well. I don't know if we've exactly decided yet, but I think we're focusing in Virginia.

But obviously, our moving is contingent on being able to sell our current house and finding one down in Virginia as well.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is it for cheaper tuition or something? I know someone who moved to California (from Minnesota) so Berkeley wouldn't cost a ridiculous amount of money.

Also, get married for cheaper tuition

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nah, I'm going to college in North Carolina. When I was considering school in Virginia that was a factor, but moving was ultimately for other reasons. I was born in North Carolina and lived there until I was about 9, when we moved to Connecticut. Pretty much ever since my mom's been talking about how much she hates the house we live in and living in Fairfield and all of that. As it is, I had to do some work to convince them to not move before I graduated high school.

I still am not too happy about moving right after I graduate high school, just because I'd like to be able to come back from college and visit friends/my high school, but, oh well. Maybe I can work something out with taking a train back up here to visit or something.

ndayday

BRoomer
The line between Fuelbi joking or being serious has finally blurred.

I don't know how to respond anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom