• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I just added wave to my ignore list. If people want their posts not to be seen than I'll help them remove the whole thing. :)

In other news, really annoyed that my "totally legit" copy of HeartGold can't trade over pokes to White. :(

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
What's really annoying is that foreign gamecards can't transfer to one another :(
Such a chore.

Savon

Smash Ace
Best gamefaqs post relating to pokemon I have ever seen.

"Back in the day when I had my Gold or Silver version, I would raise Feraligatr to levels way higher than any other Pokemon on my team since he was my favorite Pokemon.

I battled through the Elite Four so many times that my Feraligatr ended up being level 99. Excited that I was close to legitimately making my favorite Pokemon level 100, I decided to run through the Elite Four with just him on my team, use no items of any kind, with one backup Pokemon just to prove how awesome and hardcore I was.

The first time I barely beat Lance. His Dragonite killed himself with struggle before my Feraligatr did, but he didn't reach level 100.

The second time I went in with the same rules that I had set up for myself, but this time without a backup Pokemon knowing that if I made it through I would finally be level 100. Long story short, I ran out of moves before I reached Lance, had no items on me, no backup Pokemon etc.

I had already saved before fighting him. My Feraligatr had never fainted before in the game, so when I saw that he was very close to fainting, I reset the game. This process went on for a long time until I realized that I was truly trapped inside the Elite Four. Not wanting to ruin my Pokemon's perfect record of not losing a single battle, I sadly said bye to my Feraligatr, turned off the game, turned it back on, started a new game, and saved."

Explain, discuss.

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
probably, I can't imagine anyone being that stupid or stubborn to reset a game with a level 99 pokemon for the sake of a win record tha can't even be seen ingame.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I know a guy who got to top 20 on all the stupid ladders that no one plays on like Ubers and mono type

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hey guys, I guess Ill introduce myself.

Im Ramses, and Ive been getting into competetive pokemon. I play BorderLine on PokeBattleCentre. Hit me up, my nick is YoYoNerd.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Interested in working on a fan game?

I'll just drop this by...

I am contemplating a new Pokémon fan game. I don't want to spoil the plot, but it involves another planet entirely and there are no humans. I've pretty much settled on it being called Pokémon Purple Version as well, for the sake of reflecting Red and Blue.

If I can gather enough interested contributors, maybe it'll take off. What I need of course are people who can create stat spreads, movepools, etc, etc. for all the new Pokémon up to Gen III standards, so anything beyond that is moot. There will be zero old Pokémon; everything is entirely new.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's hard to explain without giving away the main concept of the story. There are two ways we could do this and both would contribute to the premise: a) reuse 150 Pokémon but alter their types/appearances, b) create 150 new Pokémon.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Huh. Well, I remember an old Pokemon fan game project that was either shut down by a mod or the maker.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have a question. I do not play Pokemon, but a lot of my friends do, and they where telling me that gen 5 is ugly, is that true? Some of them (The ones I have seen anyway) look kind of cool, are they talking about certain Pokemon from gen 5 in particular, or am I just missing some inside joke?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Your legendaries are awesome, the Jester especially. Are you stopping at 130, or do you want to go to 150? I had an older fakedex (than the thing I just announced which isn't gonna happen btw) with a lot of good ideas. I'll happily contribute the best of 'em if you'd like, as well as supply artwork for some of your designs if you need a hand in that field.

I love how western these are. A lot of the ideas stem from European mythology.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I have a question. I do not play Pokemon, but a lot of my friends do, and they where telling me that gen 5 is ugly, is that true? Some of them (The ones I have seen anyway) look kind of cool, are they talking about certain Pokemon from gen 5 in particular, or am I just missing some inside joke?

Nah like every generation, gen 5 has its fair share of ugly and or poorly designed Pokemon... Overall it's a fairly good group of Pokemon though. Definitely not worse than gen 4 though.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Your legendaries are awesome, the Jester especially. Are you stopping at 130, or do you want to go to 150? I had an older fakedex (than the thing I just announced which isn't gonna happen btw) with a lot of good ideas. I'll happily contribute the best of 'em if you'd like, as well as supply artwork for some of your designs if you need a hand in that field.

I love how western these are. A lot of the ideas stem from European mythology.
it's to be set in an atoll/archipelago resembling the Great barrier reef 9thus Australia stuff here and there)

my only issue is some of the stuff like the gnome, orbs (when we has opals) and Molten/Mudman...

as well as lots of ice types in a tropical region @_@

but anyways, the legendaries are based on the Rainbow Serpent(/quetzalqoatl) and Dirawong of Aboriginee mythos, the nuke is based upon the events of Bikini Atoll, etc, etc

Glad you like it, but are there any that stick out as good/bad in particular?

Spire

III
BRoomer
it's to be set in an atoll/archipelago resembling the Great barrier reef 9thus Australia stuff here and there)

my only issue is some of the stuff like the gnome, orbs (when we has opals) and Molten/Mudman...

as well as lots of ice types in a tropical region @_@

but anyways, the legendaries are based on the Rainbow Serpent(/quetzalqoatl) and Dirawong of Aboriginee mythos, the nuke is based upon the events of Bikini Atoll, etc, etc

Glad you like it, but are there any that stick out as good/bad in particular?
Aye, that makes more sense. I almost asked if it was based on the Australian part of the world (I don't know if that's politically correct, but whatever I'm a stupid Texan).

The Gnome is definitely out of place. Funny enough, I devised a Gnome Pokémon for my fakedex as well, though based on cheap plastic garden gnomes. It was supposed to evolve into a pink flamingo (the kind you find in a front yard, well... rarely now).

I do question why you made Quetzalqoatl Dark/Flying when its supposed to represent the Sun. I guess just as a conceptual opposition? No reason not to.

Just looked up the Dirawong. It protects people from the Rainbow Serpent, which is why you chose to depict Quetzalqoatl as evil, when in fact it is just foreign. That's really smart, rats off to ya!

Could you explain the Ghost/Ice "Thingy" family?

JOE!

Smash Hero
The quetzal also has an ability where the more pokemon on your team die, the stronger it gets (the story we're thinking of has the baddies actually sacrifice pokemon to the thing to restore it's power / make it stronger /etc) thus the dark typing.

To go further, the Dirawong is to be depicted as an evil diety while the baddies run a capaign to show that the Quetzal actually isnt evil, turning the people against you as you try to stop them.

the Ghost/ice is the idea for the Gen's Pseudo, Im just having trouble figuring out exactly what i want it to be based on however... I just know I'd like that typing :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
Boldore is also cool, actually looks tough

And archen is ok...

And am I a bad person in that I actually liek Druddigon (when he's not a still-sprite)?

M.K

Level 55
I don't think there is a generalized consensus of which Pokemon are deemed ugly and which aren't, so no, I don't think it's bad that you like Druddigon. Other people like Druddigon too, like myself.
Don't listen to people who say that you can't like certain Pokemon because they are "ugly". That's stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom