• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hehe

yah cloyster has to be placed well on a team

but like i said

it counters so much godlike stuff (chomp, landorus, gliscor... and kills anything that can't survive it after it's set up.)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The thing I really like about them is that it usually forces my opponent to reveal their priority users.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I like seeing them because they lose to my dragonite lead since they always try to set up. like noobs.

Seriously. Neutral fire blast + priority ko'es it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
helllllllll yeah i just got a godlike pokemon on dreamworld

MOODY BIDOOF

now time to troll all my friends :)

i wanna use this thing in battle subway LOOOOOOOOL

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Real men use Focus Sash Cloyster leads
but they're not very good :c
my lead golem has Rock Blast simply because lots of leads use focus sashes... or are bug types such as Ninjask that use substitute. if cloyster shell smashes, rock blast messes it up.
or my politoed lead.... uses surf, i guess. >_>

Cloyster's pretty good, but I think it's kind of overrated right now.

What about that Reuniclus guy, and Sigilyph? I've heard they're stupidly good. I'm usually able to counter them before bad stuff happens, but if I'm not, then I'm screwed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It sort of pisses me off when people are all "hurr i use rock blast to break focus sash leads, works great durr" when it doesn't actually break Sashes

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
but it does? :O
sometimes? :O

and the point of shell smash + skill link + focus sash cloyster is ALSO to break focus sashes (and then sweep)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I've finally decided to get serious with Super Singles:

Gengar Timid @ Focus Sash
252Satt/252Speed/6hp
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Destiny Bond
~Thunderbolt

Pretty much can get a kill (even if it kills himself), usually 2.

Scizor Adamant @ Choice Band
252HP/252Att/6speed
~BP
~Pursuit
~Bug Bite (too HGSS LAZY)
~Brick Break

Yep. Total Win.

Volcarona Timid @ Choice Specs
252satt/252speed/6hp
~Flamethrower
~Bug buzz
~HP(Ice67)
~Psychic

Ultimate coverage, and the things that give her problems (usually Rock Pokemon, or things like Blastoise) Scizor can usually deal with.

So, any thoughts? :D Looking for advice on doubles too. Looking for a way to capitalize on Ttar. Thinking Tyranitar/Gengar>Garchomp(Excadrill)/????.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You can't get serious with Super Singles when you use moves like Focus Miss. You also lack Water, Rock, and Fire resists, which is sort of terrible. I'd suggest a Haxorus or Garchomp instead of Volcarona. Stat boosting is fun.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
focus blast IS really bad lol :x whenever people use it against me in PO and it misses they get upset and I'm like :/ what did you expect?
That's why I hate using like, Stone Edge. I've lost so many matches because stone edge misses at the worst time x_x

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You can't get serious with Super Singles when you use moves like Focus Miss. You also lack Water, Rock, and Fire resists, which is sort of terrible. I'd suggest a Haxorus or Garchomp instead of Volcarona. Stat boosting is fun.
Yeah. Honestly I wanted Counter on Gengar, but that requires using FRLG Pokegen and a lot of work. ALOT. Also creating those Pokes are hard...

focus blast IS really bad lol :x whenever people use it against me in PO and it misses they get upset and I'm like :/ what did you expect?
That's why I hate using like, Stone Edge. I've lost so many matches because stone edge misses at the worst time x_x
I have good luck with Stone Edge, but terrible luck with Hydro Miss.

What kind of Haxorous would you suggest? :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*checks bulbapedia*
HOLY BALLS HAXORUS HAS 147 ATTACK
did not expect. and 97 speed, god.... ughhh.

Ridiculous attack + good speed + dragon type + mold breaker = outclasses my trusty Scarf Pinsir IN EVERY WAY. :urg:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah... I'm thinking:

Jolly Haxors @ (Life Orb? My gengar uses Focus Sash ><)
252Att/252Speed/6hp
~D. Dance
~Outrage
~Brick BreAK
~EQ

I can either use my 31/31/38/31/30/31 Normal Haxor.. or my 28/31/24/X/18/31 shiny one...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Haxorus is frail enough that you could try Focus Sash, otherwise, looks good.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Yeah... I'm thinking:

Jolly Haxors @ (Life Orb? My gengar uses Focus Sash ><)
252Att/252Speed/6hp
~D. Dance
~Outrage
~Brick BreAK
~EQ

I can either use my 31/31/38/31/30/31 Normal Haxor.. or my 28/31/24/X/18/31 shiny one...
38 is a really good IV

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i WOULD U
oops caps

I would use Scarf on a Haxorus, but that's just me. My Scarf Pinsir has done some amazing things :3
Like 1hkoing Gengars with Earthquake.
And losing me the battle when the would-be game-winning Stone Edge misses.

edit: though speaking of haxorus, someone recently used Dragon Dance + EQ + Life orb and took only like half of wartortles health, and then got KOed by ice beam ^_^

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I love this title, too. :)

Props to whoever is doing the titles now. :D
Last one wasn't mine, but this one is. Thanks. =3

I hate Selena Gomez
Haters gonna hate. =D She's got catchy music (I've been listening to "Naturally" on repeat since last night) and she's a pretty decent singer IMO.

See, at this point in time I've completely disposed of any and all remaining shreds of shame. Because shame is silly.

---

So I went to Borders yesterday because, unfortunately, the Borders close to me is closing down.

The bright side of this is that I got four new CDs for a discounted price (40% off, to be exact).

The downside is that I felt the need to get new CDs when I really don't need them...and my CD rack literally filled up to the extent that I had to stack CDs horizontally on top of the CDs vertically placed on the rack in order to fit my new CDs. >_>;

Now I have about one and a half rows of space. I reeaally should stop buying CDs, but music is too good.

inb4youactuallybuyCDs

Enzo

Smash Lord
Selena Gomez is mad cute, her music is fairly bad; she's better off staying on disney TV shows

Also i just caught a DW Rash natured nidoran male. Beyond happy.
Hopefully it's good IV sicne you can't pass down DW abilities if ur male >><<
or can u?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man her singing sucks, she sucks at acting, she's with Disney who you might as well give up if you sign up with IMO, and every show she's been in has really ****ty humor which makes me like her less. The only thing I can see going for her is that she's eye candy to guys

That's just my opinion though because, really, that's what I think of every other Disney and Nick actor as well

And that reminds me when my mall's FYE shut down. That was the only place I could go to buy CDs. I bought some CDs that were like at 70% off or something so......

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I generally don't get into much of the Disney/Nick singers. The shows are all right for background noise but I don't like watching television in general and I really have little other reason to look into their music. You can blame Selena Gomez on one of my friends, he mentioned to me that her music actually wasn't too bad so I looked into and found that (at least IMO) it was pretty good. Her stuff tends to be hit-or-miss for me, but there are enough "hits" for me to listen to her stuff.

The fact that actors/actresses with Disney/Nick putting out music has become assumed kind of pisses me off, though. The occasional actor/actress --> singer thing is all right, but why on earth do the co-stars of Hannah Montana need their own record contracts, too?

I think I'd die if my FYE closed down. :urg: I could always order CDs I suppose (and it would likely be cheaper, granted), but I like browsing through CDs in a store, and the only other places I can get CDs are Target and whatnot. Their CD selection is decent, but incredibly lacking compared to FYE, and they rarely have any albums that are more than one or two years old. Considering my habit of suddenly getting into artists that have been going for a decade or more, that would complicate things.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I know how you feel Firus

I was devastated when FYE closed down

And I guess I COULD order online (I kinda have to now) but it's not the same when I browse through music physically and when I browse online :c

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
good ol' pokemon breeding causing overpopulation and starvation and all sorts of problems.

i read that right to left by accident :urg:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Only everyone on the internet.

And then I read Pokemon Adventures and it's right to left and I'm like man, I've been reading wrong for like 4 chapters,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom