• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Anyone get any good stuff from the DW yet? I only got a female Kangaskhan and a male oddish.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Male version of a Kangaskhan wouldn't looks like a Kangaskhan. It would have what makes Kangaskhan unique.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I never really understood why they had made it female-only, or at least not given it a male counterpart in Gen I, like with Nidoran.
Well, they probably weren't planning on genders when they drew up Gen I, as evidenced by the Nidoran family. Still, they didn't need to make it female-only in Gen II; there are plenty of real-world animals out there that exhibit paternal care for their offspring.

JOE!

Smash Hero
May as well move this here to see if I get any input :p

Obviously, you all are used to Smash Bros (why else would you be on SWF), and the inner workings of the Pokemon games. Have you ever thought of what it'd be like to combine the two?

Ever since 64 Pokemon has been deeply integrated into the Smash series, always having the biggest playable roster (next to Mario, surpassing him in brawl) as well as the Pokeball item which have spawned around 50 pokemon between the 3 titles. Along with this they have brought some of the coolest (Pikachu's Thunder) and most Wtf (Charizard whipping a rock out of hammer space and breaking it as an attack, instead of you know...using a fire or flying type move) things to the game, but even then this is only a sampling of everything the pokemon universe has to offer.

So, how would you add to this?​

Simply put, if you ever had an idea of how a move, ability, Pokeball Pokemon or whatever could work on a Pokemon if they ever appeared in Smash Bros, post it here! Just remember to say who the move is being used by, as Earthquake from Excadrill would probably be done differently than Earthquake from Rhyperior for example. If you have even more ideas for a Pokemon, you could even make a mock moveset and post it here and/or in MYM10 (when it comes out in a few weeks).

Ill start with some sample ideas I have come up with:

Moxie on Krookodile

Whenever Krookodile scores a KO on an enemy, the damage and knockback of his moves are increased by 1.25x, making a 10% move do 12.5% with 1 KO, and 16% with 2, and so on.

This could make for a very interesting momentum-based playstyle for the ground/dark gator, having him start off mediocre in terms of power and then just get better and better if he stays alive and keeps on the offensive, like a reverse lucario in some ways.

Uturn on Scizor

When Scizor is called back to Johto Trainer via Down B, he doesnt simply just go back to his pokeball, he performs a fast and powerful U-Turn to where his trainer is in the background, doing 12% damage and killing Mario around 140% with no DI.

An example of an unused move being translated to a trainer set.

Pursuit on Toxicroak

Toxicroak lunges forward with his Knuckle claw, similar to Wolf's Forward Smash, and does 8% damage and minimal knockback. However, if a foe attempts to get out of the way of him by dodging, Toxicroak will follow them in his pursuit and strike hard, hitting through the invulnerability and doing 16% damage and knocking the back with force similar to Mario's Forward Smash!

Here is a move re-imagined for Smash Bros. Seeing as with anything but another PT like character, or Zelda, there's no actual "switching", Toxicroak's pursuit instead has it's x2 damage effect when a foe tries to avoid Toxicroak by dodging the specific move.

What can you come up with?​

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man today was so lol

Today I brought my DS to school since I wasn't doing literally anything in class today to help entertain myself and this one guy comes up to me and wants to battle me. He tells me if it's alright if he used legendaries and OHKO moves and I said w/e because I could tell this guy was a scrub and my normal pokemon could easily take him out

I ended up sweeping him 6-0 lol because he made some of the most obvious moves my entire team countered him so easily. He tried using Guillotine with Pinsir on my Roob which missed and when he tried it again I switched to Carracosta and Sturdied the **** out of that attack (which btw doesn't do any damage at all against him which I was all like wtf about) and KO'd him back, brings out a Poliwrath (shiny) who tries to mud slap me which fails because I switch out to my Wargle then gets KO'd by Brave Bird, brings out a Hihidaruma which ends up failing because I switch to Shandera and absorb its Fire Punch with Flash Fire, and then proceed to sweep his entire team with FF boosted Shandera bar Zapdos who I knew would be faster than me so I switched to Krookodile and finished it off with that.

**** was so lol when he looks at me all wtf because he's under the impression that I barely ever play pokemon and isn't even aware they have competitive battling lol.

And then my other friend who's never lost a match challenges me and end up winning like 3-0 after some funny **** and looks at me like he wants to murder me because he was beaten by a "scrub"

God I love playing with people who have no idea I do battling as a hobby and end up losing because I outstrategize them.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I've had a very similar experience to that but instead with Gears of War 2.

My friend invited a bunch of people over for a good 'ol Xbox get together and this one kid brought his GoW2 disk and "claimed" that he was extremely good and would wipe the floor with everyone else. I challenged him to a 1 v 1 shotgun battle and won 9-1. The reaction I got afterwards was hilarious. "Are you like pro or something?" :laugh:

ss118

Smash Master
Hey guys it has been a while! I'm really just screwing around with stuff atm but I am streaming live an attempt of me playing pokemon online if anyone is interested.

http://justin.tv/articanus

I'm going to wait a bit before starting but feel free to chat with me in the room. ^_^

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
^ totes looked for that guy but can't find him

anyway, I have a dumb team I made for 5th gen, dream world tier on PO, but it has a problem against gliscor, and other stuff, since I kind of don't have an ice type attack on this team. I was wondering what I could use for it, what pokemon I might need to replace, etc.
Please note when I say "dumb" I mean stuff like Light Screen/Safeguard Scyther, I do some random stuff that kind of works, mostly because it's unexpected.

So yeah, what are your favorite counters to Gliscor? I was thinking of maybe getting a HP Ice Jolteon?

ss118

Smash Master
Jolteon isn't a counter. It's a check.

Skarmory is a decent counter if it doesn't have Taunt. If it has Taunt then Ice Fang Gliscor does the trick. If it has both then Nattorei handles it with Power Whip/ Gyro Ball. if it's a bulky spread with roost and sand veil and has those moves then use Ice Beam Tyranitar or Ice Punch Hariyama depending on if it has Aerial Ace/ Acrobat or EQ.

Those are good examples of counters. Terrible ones, but they do fit the definition. I actually use smart playing with Latios/ Ferrothorn/ Skarmory to handle most gliscor.

ss118

Smash Master
Not always. EQ is usually always seen on Gliscor and depending on if it's Poison Heal or Sand Veil you'll see Acrobat, AA, Fling, Roost, Taunt, U-Turn, Protect, Ice Fang, etc.

If you see toxic orb be wary of Fling+Acrobat, Protect, U-Turn.

If you don't, there's a chance of Roost or SR or Ice Fang.

Either way watch out for Taunt and EQ.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
which reminds me, why is latios not banned in 5th gen? :(

here's the team that I made recently:

Golem w/ Sturdy @Custap Berry. Stealth Rock, Rock Blast (gg substitute/bug leads), Earthquake, Fire Blast (gg steel/bug or grass leads)

Scyther w/ Steadfast @ Light Clay. Brick Break, U-turn, Light Screen, Safeguard.
Safeguard is HELLA helpful and I don't know why more teams don't use it. I'm sure I could find a better pokemon for this role, but as you might guess I only use ones I like, even if they suck :3

Scizor w/ Technician (obviously) @ Occa Berry. Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance.
Debating giving him a life orb instead, even with light screen + occa berry he often gets 1hkoed by fire attacks.

Zebstrika w/ Sap Sipper @ Choice Band. Flame Charge, Return, Wild Bolt, Double Kick.
I've tried Life Orb/Air Balloon variants, but CB is doing the best so far. Sap Sipper is an amazingly useful ability, it's too bad more pokemon don't have it. Switch in on Breloom using Spore, or Ferrothorn using vine whip or leech seed, and 1 or 2hko them.

Hitmonlee w/ Unburden @ Fight Gem. Hi Jump Kick, Bulk Up, Bullet Punch, Stone Edge.
I'm not sure how well he fits into my team. If I can get a Bulk Up + HJK off, he does amazingly well. This is likely to happen if I have a Light Screen up. I've tried Fake Out Hitmonlee in the past, but I prefer the Fight Gem because people often switch in Ghost types for the Fake out, rendering it useless.

Wartortle w/ Rain Dish @ Eviolite. Scald, Rain Dance, Iron Defense, Rapid Spin.
It's SO GOOD OMG. 1500 defense after 3 iron defenses, which actually happens quite often because people think they can beat wartortle by dragon dancing/bulk upping/etc.

So yeah, the team has some weakness, mostly against physically defensive stuff like Gliscor, but overall it works fairly well, and is hella satisfying to win with.

Much more fun to win with than the weather teams I've made... those are so easymode it's absurd. I made a triple weather team in a couple minutes, it took little thought to make, and it takes little skill to win with. Tyranitar, Excadrill, Politoed, Kingdra, Ninetales, Victreebel, derp, gg.

anyway, what would you replace to put an Ice type move in there to counter stuff like Gliscor?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ya think so? It would DEFINITELY counter gliscor and garchomp and other stuff... but ...

well yeah I'll try it.

I found that wartortle set when googling it actually, the only difference is it had Protect instead of Iron Defense. I'd prefer Ice Beam though. :D

edit:

Start of turn 6
endDOOM called Idream back!
endDOOM sent out Warrr! (Garchomp)

Wartortle used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Warrr lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Warrr fainted!

:mistyface:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cloyster is the most godlike counter to gliscor, gacrchomp, and physical landorus. lots of ss teams are free if they lose their cloyster checks

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
haha cloyster's so easy for me to beat xD

wartortle (at least when he had iron defense) beat them as well. max defense wartortle vs max attack cloyster? their rock blasts/etc would take like 1% health per hit or something, it was pretty ridiculous.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
haha cloyster's so easy for me to beat xD

wartortle (at least when he had iron defense) beat them as well. max defense wartortle vs max attack cloyster? their rock blasts/etc would take like 1% health per hit or something, it was pretty ridiculous.
634 Atk vs 426 Def & 322 HP (125 Base Power): 174 - 205 (54.04% - 63.66%)

I don't know what "max attack" Cloysters you're playing against

JOE!

Smash Hero
cloyster is so pro...

but now that blaziken's banned I dont know who my fire and/or fighter is gonna be D:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
blaziken and cloyster are easy to beat

by the way, Broken Armor Kabutops + Endure vs. Skill Link Cloyster = +5 Speed in one turn :bee:

Flail Kabutops is so much fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom