• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm saying you shouldn't have an excuse to say you weren't able to word something properly.

Lol just kidding who cares? I'm not entirely fond of English either.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well then. Umbreon suggests Seed Flare on SmashCAP 4. And instead of Thick Fat, we give it Serene Grace. :p

mycatgoesmow 6:17 pm
IMO give this ****** seed flare
and say **** balance
you should change it
and give it serene grace
while you're at it
o it can be 100% bullsht

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I can't visit my homeland because APPARENTLY, civil war bombs EVERYWHERE. So it's unsafe, which sucks.

I'm a first generation here, I guess. Everyone in my family ('cept me and siblings/cousins) were born in the Middle East.

My dad learned several different languages and ended up going to some school here in the U.S.

Also I hate math. Math is so ****ing stupid. And I know it's everywhere.

EVERYWHERE GUYS, EVERYWHERE

Why can't I be a stereotypical asian :[

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I like to say to people that the Asian / math stereotype is bull****, but to be honest, I've found that more often than not it's true.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Here's an interesting one: If you're Middle Eastern, you must have darker skin, have a larger nose than normal, and have C4 strapped to your body with a click-fast switch.

My head hurts from 6 problems of Pre-Calc -_- I don't remember anything. Help me out guyz

Say there's a box that has an open top that will have a volume of 4000 cm. The box has a square base with sides of length x and a height of y.

a) Write an equation that relates x and y.
b) Solve this equation for y as a function of x.
c) Write a formula for the total surface area S of the box as a function of x.

Help me out bros. I used to be able to do this but I forgot how.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I might be looking at this question the wrong way, but couldn't the sides of the base be 20 each, the height be 10, y is half x, and if it has an open top (I assume this means 1 side is missing) would 5/6 x Surface are be the surface area?

UberMario

Smash Master
A)

Well, in pre-calc Y must not have anything else on it's side of the equation (for ease in writing and solving), so say that X is 4 and Y is 8:

Y/8 = X/4 because 8/8 = 4/4 = 1. Now "transfer" the 8 to the other side: Y = 8/4xX now simplify and get Y = 2X. That would be how x relates to y and vice versa.

B) instead of it being Y = 2X, it's 1/2 Y = X, but since fractions aren't allowed, it's 0.5Y = X

C) Not as hard as it sounds, but it involves steps SIMILAR to the above:

-A box has six sides, an open one has five
-One is at the bottom
-Four are the actual sides

The area of the bottom (no top since it's open) sides is X times X (since Y is the height and each side is equal)
The area of each of the sides is X times Y, since the length of each side is X and the height is Y.

So, that means we have (X^2) times 1 and (XxY) times 4, thus the equation is: (X²) + 4(XY) = S

You can not have three variables here, so we use the 4000cm to solve for one of them, using the volume of this square-bottomed box, which is the base (X²) times the height (Y):

4000cm = X²Y

Y = 4000/(X²) (answer to B, this is a function of X, I'm not entirely sure what is different about part A)

Now plop that into the Y in "(X²) + 4(XY) = S" to get:

(X²) + 4(X)(4000/(X²)) = S

Simplified (cancellign out Xs):

(X²) + 16000/X = S

That should be the correct way.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If you're referring to my kind, not everyone likes or is good at math.

F8AL hates math, for example.
He's not Asian... is he? He doesn't sound like it from the times we've played CoD together.

So I suppose the stereotype about Jews being good at accounting is a lie then as well?

EDIT:

AHHHHHH MATH!!! I could barely figure out how to do slopes last year... and that was help from my brainiac friend who was constantly calling me a ****** during the whole time (he means it in a good way though, he can act just as ******** as I do most of the time)....

I hate math. I'm not looking forward to getting any math in the future, especially Algebra II this year :urg:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So I suppose the stereotype about Jews being good at accounting is a lie then as well?
Stereotypes in general are just stupid. Using them in jokes is one thing -- even I do that, and I loathe stereotypes. Seriously trying to apply stereotypes is pointless and annoying.

/stereotype rage

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
no stereotypes are amazing. You people just don't understand the point of them! They have serious applications as well, and understanding/using stereotypes in your life gives you a lot of insight.

/waits for arguments that stereotypes cause close-mindedness

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Thanks for the help UberMario, but I'm afraid I still don't get it. Math goes through one ear and right through the other for me :/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Stereotypes in general are just stupid. Using them in jokes is one thing -- even I do that, and I loathe stereotypes. Seriously trying to apply stereotypes is pointless and annoying.

/stereotype rage
Oh, I hate stereotypes as well. You white people for some reason conclude that every Hispanic has to walk barefoot and be downright poor :/ I blame the mexicans for this. Thanks to them, everybody thinks that we're all from over the boarder T_T (btw, I'm sorry if I offend any mexicans out there)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Mexico has more millionaires per capita than any other latin american country lmao.

My mexican aunt and uncle were moving up north a bit in to a town called Templeton. They found a house they really liked but refused to move in because of the street it was located on. To quote my aunt "I dont want to live near all those **** wetbacks" LOL

They now live in white bread country lol. I tell them they probably pissed off all their neighbors for lowering the property value of the whole street.

Niiro

Smash Ace
All stereotypes are all based on truths.

and

My mexican aunt and uncle were moving up north a bit in to a town called Templeton. They found a house they really liked but refused to move in because of the street it was located on. To quote my aunt "I dont want to live near all those **** wetbacks" LOL
LOL

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh, I hate stereotypes as well. You white people for some reason conclude that every Hispanic has to walk barefoot and be downright poor :/
You hate stereotypes so much that you're telling all us "white people" that we're judging you.

Yeah except we're not all judging you.

All stereotypes are all based on truths.
Every time this argument comes up, someone decides to say this as if it somehow makes stereotypes totally sensible.

It doesn't.

I know people don't pull stereotypes from out of their butts, but that doesn't mean that if they say every person of ____ descent is stupid, they've actually met every person of said descent and can actually make that statement.

I'm not just complaining about racial stereotypes either, I'm complaining about them in general. Like, one of my co-workers seemed surprised that I, as well as some of her guy friends, enjoy music with a female singer. Can someone explain to me why music should suddenly be less enjoyable to me because a woman's singing?

I'm not sure why I bother getting angry over stereotypes, though, since they're pretty much a fact of life. One more reason I'm a huge fan of people.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Speaking of stereotypes... I'm black. I enjoy fried chicken and watermelon, I say aks instead of ask, sell crack, own 42 stolen cars, I've been arrested twice, like big booty *****es, have a multi-million dollar record deal, and I'm in the NBA.

:)

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
There are people who don't enjoy fried chicken and watermelon?

mind = blown

edit: ****, I need to get off my hydra. Riddle again.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I was honestly waiting for someone to say that. Whenever people make jokes like that, my response is "You DON'T like fried chicken or watermelon? Well then, what the **** is wrong with you?"

Tacel

Smash Lord
Saying that white people use racial stereotypes is a racial stereotype.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I was honestly waiting for someone to say that. Whenever people make jokes like that, my response is "You DON'T like fried chicken or watermelon? Well then, what the **** is wrong with you?"
This post confused me, maybe its time for bed.

And that post was only semi-joking, I honestly can't see how someone couldn't enjoy fried chicken/watermelon.

D

Deleted member

here's a stereotype for you: white women are all insane by the time they hit 40.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
There are people who don't enjoy fried chicken and watermelon?

mind = blown

edit: ****, I need to get off my hydra. Riddle again.
I'm not actually a huge fan of fried chicken.

here's a stereotype for you: white women are all insane by the time they hit 40.
I find this to be a relatively accurate stereotype. *****es be crazy.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
We're still talking about this?

The Asian stereotype I'd argue is most invalid is the "HURR DURR Asians suck at driving!" stereotype. People in China, Hong Kong, Japan don't usually drive. Everyone walks or takes the efficient public transportation. The driving age in Hong Kong is 18, and that's when students start college so there really isn't a need to learn how to drive. Arguably the only Asians who are terrible drivers are the ones who just started driving, and let's face it. Most people are going to suck when they first start driving. And can you blame them? No, because it takes practice to get better. You're not doomed to be a terrible driver if you're Chinese. Some people understand that, but some people don't. :p

This is one of the more prominent stereotypes when I'm being attacked / bullied by racism, and just wanted to get that out there.

Edit - 800th page!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Speaking of stereotypes... I'm black. I enjoy fried chicken and watermelon, I say aks instead of ask, sell crack, own 42 stolen cars, I've been arrested twice, like big booty *****es, have a multi-million dollar record deal, and I'm in the NBA.

:)
Totally thought you were serious until the 42 cars part

>_>

PowerBomb

Smash Master
We're still talking about this?

The Asian stereotype I'd argue is most invalid is the "HURR DURR Asians suck at driving!" stereotype. People in China, Hong Kong, Japan don't usually drive. Everyone walks or takes the efficient public transportation. The driving age in Hong Kong is 18, and that's when students start college so there really isn't a need to learn how to drive. Arguably the only Asians who are terrible drivers are the ones who just started driving, and let's face it. Most people are going to suck when they first start driving. And can you blame them? No, because it takes practice to get better. You're not doomed to be a terrible driver if you're Chinese. Some people understand that, but some people don't. :p

This is one of the more prominent stereotypes when I'm being attacked / bullied by racism, and just wanted to get that out there.

Edit - 800th page!
My dad wants the driving age to be 21, so people have a secure place in college or w/e. Anyway, enough about stereotypes. I guess I'll post a picture of myself.

Expressionless cause I'm ****ing tired.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Anyone know how to edit pdf files? I just want to add some text.

12k **** yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom