• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
As much as I really want to jailbreak my Iphone, if I do, I'll most likely not know how to revert it back and one of my friends did it to his and now the Apple people won't let him do **** with his phone anymore so yeah... this ain't like downloading roms on my no$gba

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Speaking of 4chan, my friends and my cousin requested me to upload the amount of troll pictures I have to facebook.

Most of them are weird emotion faces.

I recently started a reaction image folder, and it's looking pretty hilarious so far.
As much as I really want to jailbreak my Iphone, if I do, I'll most likely not know how to revert it back and one of my friends did it to his and now the Apple people won't let him do **** with his phone anymore so yeah... this ain't like downloading roms on my no$gba
http://tinyurl.com/37tlzby

Bum Rush

Smash Cadet
Sitting under a bridge with a stolen laptop.
Refresh is a good move, but Blissey has much better things to do, like healing teammates with Wish, scouting with Protect, spreading status, posting in this thread, and not being screwed over by Taunt.

OpenOffice or Microsoft Office?
My Blissey already has Wish, Toxic, Psychic, and Refresh. Im debating between TB, IB, or Protect to replace Psychic. It will get screwed over by Taunt if I drop Psychic for Protect, though.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Smash CAP is really getting me down.

I feel like I wanna participate, but the fact that it's tied into that 'balancing the metagame' project is pretty lame imo. I'll be browsing a CAP thread, see something interesting, think to myself "Oh, I know how to fix that problem," scroll down a bit more to see something like "actually, an existing Pokemon that we editted now fills that role/counters that idea completely," and sigh.

Le sigh.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Smash CAP is really getting me down.

I feel like I wanna participate, but the fact that it's tied into that 'balancing the metagame' project is pretty lame imo. I'll be browsing a CAP thread, see something interesting, think to myself "Oh, I know how to fix that problem," scroll down a bit more to see something like "actually, an existing Pokemon that we editted now fills that role/counters that idea completely," and sigh.

Le sigh.
NU to OU is really... odd, I guess you could say. Not only is it impossible to have 100 OU Pokémon, but most of the edits are "throw X moves at him, give him Y overpowered ability", and call it a day.

Where X is a base 140 power recoil-inducing attack, a priority move, a never-used support move, or a stat-boosting move.

And Y is Scrappy, Technician, or Rock Head.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If it was possible we'd have three separate tiers.

OverUsed.
OverUsed+ - Contains NU to OU Pokemon changes.
OverUsedCAP - Contains SmashCAP Pokemon.

We can possibly scrap NU to OU or limit that project into theorymon (where small playtesting would be done) only if it's for the better interest of the community.

UberMario

Smash Master
Yeah, that's the main reason I haven't done the main SmashCAP, the other SC thread for evolutions [for Gen 1-4 pokemon] I go to every once and a while and doesn't have all this stat/metagame stuff that I can never seem to follow . . . .

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's legal in the US now.

Open iTunes. Restore. Done.
Oh... ok then

Lion moderator say what?

Pirating? Legal? What is this I dont even...
Actually, it's true. You're now allowed to download roms and pirate music/videos on the internet now due to some legal **** revision that comes out to every 4 years that has a loophole that allows you to pirate like hell

Enjoy it while it last friend

How's Arielle btw?

UberMario

Smash Master

Actually, it's true. You're now allowed to download roms and pirate music/videos on the internet now due to some legal **** revision that comes out to every 4 years that has a loophole that allows you to pirate like hell
"College professors and students, documentary filmmakers, and those making noncommercial videos, are now able to circumvent the copyright protection on DVDs in order to use short clips from those DVDs in new works "for the purpose of criticism or comment."

Basically, you can make YTPs and if Viacom and other companies try to stop you they are in the wrong, because the point of the YTPs is to use short clips combined for [comedic] criticism. Technically this would make disabling comments on Youtube illegal though for said videos. 0_o

"Users can now break through the copyright protection on video games "when circumvention is accomplished solely for the purpose of good faith testing, for investigating or correcting security flaws or vulnerabilities."

This is more for debugging computer games (which really should be left for just the debug crew who are actually getting paid, but whatever), but "good faith testing" pretty much means anything because it's so vague, as anything can basically be done for "good faith" in a game.

I don't see these loopholes, especially "good faith testing" lasting long though.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well we can use the fifth gen to refresh NU to OU as the OU metagame will have new challenges and send some Pokemon to UU or lower for us to once again re invent

M.K

Level 55
Every generation, the metagame reinvents itself anyways. Pokemon become either useless or extremely useful with the introduction of new threats, types, attacks, and combinations.
:) It's like Christmas!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
"College professors and students, documentary filmmakers, and those making noncommercial videos, are now able to circumvent the copyright protection on DVDs in order to use short clips from those DVDs in new works "for the purpose of criticism or comment."

Basically, you can make YTPs and if Viacom and other companies try to stop you they are in the wrong, because the point of the YTPs is to use short clips combined for [comedic] criticism. Technically this would make disabling comments on Youtube illegal though for said videos. 0_o

"Users can now break through the copyright protection on video games "when circumvention is accomplished solely for the purpose of good faith testing, for investigating or correcting security flaws or vulnerabilities."

This is more for debugging computer games (which really should be left for just the debug crew who are actually getting paid, but whatever), but "good faith testing" pretty much means anything because it's so vague, as anything can basically be done for "good faith" in a game.

I don't see these loopholes, especially "good faith testing" lasting long though.
****, that's a tl;dr

He should still take the opportunity to pirate before it becomes illegal again though

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, pirating full movies and music is still 100% illegal, as are computer programs. (Aka no, it's still wrong to download programs like 3DSMax or Photoshop.)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I stated that was a tl;dr man. Just tell me the dumbed down version. I'm just 14 you know

EDIT:

Also... I should make a reactions folder as well. I've been thinking but man am I too lazy to screencap that much

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

Oh... ok then

Enjoy it while it last friend
HOLY ****
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT : craaaaaaaaap >.<

How's Arielle btw?
Great, we went to the Great Escape yesterday (its an amusment park, for those that dont know what it is)

Still trying to Make my family realize her name is Arielle, not Ariel (pronounced differently)

UberMario

Smash Master
You couldn't read two sentences? lol

And I did spell out what it says for both quotes but here it is again:

The DVD one says that if you use short clips for CRITICISM and COMMENTING [by other people] purposes, it's considered fair use.

The game one says that if you plan on debugging the game or are doing "good faith testing" [which is an easily debatable point which could mean anything from looking for issues to just trying it out [for most people permanently >_>] because you like it].

HOLY ****
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT : craaaaaaaaap >.<
I lol'd.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Great, we went to the Great Escape yesterday (its an amusment park, for those that dont know what it is)

Still trying to Make my family realize her name is Arielle, not Ariel (pronounced differently)
I envy you. You're 13 and you're already in a relationship.

Man... you make me feel old ;_____;

UberMario

Smash Master
Don't worry, relationships don't really last until you're in your twenties. I have a 16 year old friend who keeps saying that he's through with his girlfriend, then they get back together a week later each time. lol

"School Kid Love" is different from "Real Love".

Wrath`

Smash Master
I envy you. You're 13 and you're already in a relationship.

Man... you make me feel old ;_____;
I didn't have a relationship with a girl until I was 17, and it was a shallow high school relationship that I broke off after a week. I once thought getting a girlfriend meant being a man, but it is all lies.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Don't worry, relationships don't really last until you're in your twenties. I have a 16 year old friend who keeps saying that he's through with his girlfriend, then they get back together a week later each time. lol

"School Kid Love" is different from "Real Love".
Yeah, I find other kids weird when they talk about relationships, I thought this out very long and am sure this isnt just "kid love", If it was, I would probably ignore it.

UberMario

Smash Master
Not exactly true.

One of my friends has been going out with a girl for 2 years... apparently he's already made wedding plans

Yikes
How old is he? Two years is definitely plausible, but if they are teenagers don't expect it to last.

I thought this out very long and am sure this isnt just "kid love", If it was, I would probably ignore it.
That's what they ALL say. :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm not statistics person, but if there were such a number for amount of relationships held on until marriage from a high school / teenage beginning, it's not going to be very high.

Relationships can work well only if the right people can make the choices. I know friends who have been dating for 2+ years and friends who have gone through 10+ "others" in 2 years.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How old is he? Two years is definitely plausible, but if they are teenagers don't expect it to last.
He's 14 as well... man is he deluded

Also, I hear from people there are these free games of the days or some **** and I can't seem to find it... how do I check the free game of the day on my iPhone?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I hate people who date cause they think they need a Girlfriend. Honestly, people see it as more of a status, It kinda makes me sick >.>

I may be only 13, but I sure dont think like it, lol.

UberMario

Smash Master
He's 14 as well... man is he deluded

Also, I hear from people there are these free games of the days or some **** and I can't seem to find it... how do I check the free game of the day on my iPhone?
Never take teen proposals seriously. It's illegal in most places to marry under 18 too. >_> (Though there are some places that allow 16 year olds, your friend is pretty much kidding himself)

One of the main reasons that divorce rates are so high (nearly 50% of all marriages, that's pretty scary) is because people think they are made for each other without really taking in all of the aspects of the other person.

M.K

Level 55
You can't even get married beneath 16 years old, and at 16 and 17, you need parental consent.
He's probably just a tool, or professing his love in an unhealthy ma-okay, I'm just gonna cut straight to the point, he has probably BARELY hit puberty lol XD He doesn't know **** about love bahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom