• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Guts doesn't have an activation Message, it boosts your attack, but doesn't count as an actual stat boost, this way you can boost your stats even further with Guts. It's an invisible boost, so-to-say.

Also, with Guts, it's better to use Burn Orb, seeing as Pokemon with Guts don't take the attack drop from burn, and it does less damage to you than the Toxic Orb in the long run.

Bum Rush

Smash Cadet
Sitting under a bridge with a stolen laptop.
Guts doesn't have an activation Message, it boosts your attack, but doesn't count as an actual stat boost, this way you can boost your stats even further with Guts. It's an invisible boost, so-to-say.

Also, with Guts, it's better to use Burn Orb, seeing as Pokemon with Guts don't take the attack drop from burn, and it does less damage to you than the Toxic Orb in the long run.
Alright, thanks. I thought Shoddy was being ********.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Holy ****.
****ING **** I SWORE SMOGON SAID THAT BEFORE

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This is a RPG I play in.

Wait. You guys probably can't see that thread.
Welcome, one and all, to the wonderful and terrifying land of Pokémon. Long ago, the portals of the world opened, and the mighty beasts we know today as Pokémon entered our land. They burned our villages, plundered our coffers, and made our lives a nightmare. Literally. **** Gengar and all that he stands for. But I digress. Back then, when our days were numbered, a great group of men and women learned a great and powerful secret: How to bind these monsters to our will, in the process learning how to send them back to whence they came. These lone champions were from many walks of life, but it was through their hard work and perseverance that they were able to save our land. My name is Oak, and if you are reading this, then you know my status as shogun of Pallet Village. By now you must know why you have received this letter. Our town, the land you grew up in, is in danger from the Viridian Clan. Your duty is clear. Use your ancient legacy, the tamed demons we call Pokémon, and defend our home at all cost. Return at once.

<3 <3 <3,
Oak
===============​
Alright all, Imma lay this down for you. My names asdf, and this hur is asdf, Yo. We're gonna treat you all to a little euphoria, a good ol fashioned game of make believe. Where you role play in a game. An RPG if you will. The setting? Kanto, five hundred years before RBY. It's a wild time, where men are men and geodude are terrifying animated rocks. There are no pokeballs, only apricorn. For a very vague yet clearly defined reason (Narrative), you are from Pallet Village, from a different part of the land of Pokemon. At this point I shall copy paste what adf had written previously:
All your characters, while born in Pallet Town, have made their way across not just Kanto, but Johto as well. Glimpses of Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon happen, but are extremely rare.

Additionally, for whatever reason you deem fitting your personality, you only use Pokémon of a certain type. You may catch and use dual-type Pokémon, but in the beginning, the one Pokémon you start with will be forced to be a single type. Exceptions will be made for Pokémon that were starters in the game.

While we will allow types to overlap, it is strongly discouraged, as variety will increase your odds of survival. As in, if you all pick the same type, we're dropping a Garchomp on you.

No legendaries are allowed to be your starter, and we also have special exceptions for certain Pokémon we feel would be overpowered or difficult to deal with. We will address this as necessary. We are also disallowing Dark, Ice, Dragon and Steel, for balance, narrative and mechanical reasons. Ghosts must start with a Ghastly. Anything that is clearly a bird may be your starter for Flying types.

You will also need to append a title to yourself that fits with your type. Titles under the All header can be applied to any type.
Code:
All
Traveler
Cueball
Cooltrainer
Jr. Trainer ♂
Jr. Trainer♀
Lass
Pokémon Trainer
Youngster
PokéManiac
Gentleman
Tamer
Super Nerd

Psychic
Mystic
Shaman
Psychic

Ghost
Cultist
Channeler

Dark
Thief
Burglar

Electric
Rocker
Engineer
Scientist

Water
Sailor
Swimmer
Angler
Fisherman

Poison
Ninja
Assassin

Fighting
Monk
Samurai
Black Belt

Grass
Beauty
Farmer

Fire
Juggler
Bombadier

Ground
Cartographer
Miner
Hiker

Rock
Sculptor

Dragon
Dragoon
Knight

Ice
Mountaineer
Hiker

Bug
Bug Catcher

Flying
Falconer
Bird Keeper

Steel
Smith
So, for reference, here is an example sheet:

Name: Miner asdf
Type: Ground
Starter: Sandshrew - Nickname: Kassi
Backstory: asdf never went far from his home town. With a strong attachment to his mother and an admiration for Shogun Oak, he felt uncomfortable being far from his hero and the woman who had raised him. With his trusty Sandshrew, he has been helping build a tunnel from Viridian to Vermillion to make travel easier for adventurers and tourists alike.
Appearance: With long, unkempt black hair, he stands at 5'10". His pale skin betrays his profession, which naturally does not leave much time for tanning.
Other: Anything else you feel is relevant to your character goes here.

M.K

Level 55
Hey guys, what are fraternities/sororities?
Groups of boys (fraternities) or girls (sororities) that identify themselves as belonging to a certain "Greek Family". They usually live together and operate as a society of brothers or sisters, and focus on helping the community.
The only reason they get a bad rap is because, if you are interested in joining, you go through a "hazing" process, which is basically like tryouts. SOME fraternities/sororities get incredibly vulgar, nasty, harsh, or detrimental in their hazing processes, which can lead to serious injury or death in some situations.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
What the...?

I'd copied your post into the box so I could see the spoilers (I'm on my phone so I can't just highlight them) but I didn't realize I'd hit the 'Post Quick Reply' button accidentally.

Moozle

Smash Champion
There are a ton of Fraternities/Sororities that aren't like that. My cousin is in one that holds a weekly pokémon tournament and they go ghost hunting. There are stereotypical fraternities for sure, but don't be afraid to look at them because there are a ton that are different (and don't beat the crap out of you to make you join). All a fraternity is is a bunch of friends living together in a really really big house.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Im having trouble running Pokemon Online. I download it just fine, but it says there is a error while trying to open it.

:mad:
1. Re-download, making sure sure's downloading from http://www.pokemon-online.eu/downloads.php
2. Run as Administrator if you still have problems
3. Turn off UAC because ****ing **** no one likes UAC
There are a ton of Fraternities/Sororities that aren't like that. My cousin is in one that holds a weekly pokémon tournament and they go ghost hunting. There are stereotypical fraternities for sure, but don't be afraid to look at them because there are a ton that are different (and don't beat the crap out of you to make you join). All a fraternity is is a bunch of friends living together in a really really big house.
This. Only a select few frats and sororities are bad, and they are a very vocal minority when it comes to showing in the news.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I don't think I ever paid attention to him.

Wait, so if you get Super Banned, can you make another account and try to 'start fresh'?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I never paid attention to crash

You can make another account, but then you'd be banned as well.

He's either been Super Banned yet again, or he could've simply been IP banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom