• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Honestly this is the first time i've had trouble. The game has been pretty okay (not easy, but okay) until now. It's not "hard" but it's definatly making me think harder now. Shadow Temple/The well, that is.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
No, it didn't take me 40 hours to beat SotC. I was saying that you seemed to be implying that because SotC isn't like other games i.e. 40 hours long that it is poorly designed. I wouldn't play a Zelda game that was only bosses because I don't play Zelda games just for the bosses. SotC isn't Zelda. That's what you don't seem to get, one good game does not have to be made just like another good game in order for it to be so.

Mass Effect has hours of fully voiced cutscenes, mulitple levels, partners, sidequest and DLC to furthur the experience. Mass Effect is also a fantastic game. SotC has none of these. Is it a bad game because it wasn't designed in the same way as ME was? Absolutely not, SotC is designed to deliver a more stripped down and pure gaming experience. There are two completely different things. So asking me if I would play zelda if it only had bosses is like asking me if I would play ME if it was more like Zelda. They are two completely different games.

There's a game on PSN called Flower. It has 6 levels, one button, every level is beaten in a similar fashion and the game can be completed in 2 hours. It is also one of the best games that I have played this generation. What I'm trying to stress here is that games like Flower and SotC are not like the majority of games out there and they are better for it.

I would argue that games have the ability to be artistic on more than an aesthetic level (hence the praise for SotC) but "are games art" is an entirely different debate.
I didnt compare SotC to ME, i didnt even compare it to LoZ(that was YOU)

What's your favorite part of SotC btw?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I was responding to the question "would you play Zelda if it only had boss fights".

That's actually a very difficult question to answer. If you're specifically talking about the colossi the 13th is my favorite battle.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So um... anyone know what element the final temple is? <.< It's in the desert so...earth medallion? Seems a bit off... Light/dark water/grass/fire ... Earth, well..nevermind I can see it working.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
What element is the dungeon? Spirit? <.< lol... I guess I can see it.

Grass>Fire>Water

Spirits>Dark>Light

Holy **** I finally get the Mirrior Shield. I'll use Master Sword again (Biggoron on bosses) just 'cuz I love it<3

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Roach, consdiering you've been hear for a year and you have slightly less than half of my post count, you probably will.

Although I could argue my score would be higher if I didn't take a year off running the Link clan, haha.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Roach, consdiering you've been hear for a year and you have slightly less than half of my post count, you probably will.

Although I could argue my score would be higher if I didn't take a year off running the Link clan, haha.
And the fact that not much of it is spam, this makes me feel good :p

And it'd be higher if for the first 6 months or so I used to post in the forum games like a ***** :laugh:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's true. Or others use epic hacks.

Anyways, we don't have to go off-topic, I just thought the combo breaker picture was suitable for my post, since I was breaking a combo. :p

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Happy birthday, Leafy!

Random note, but I always find it odd when I have a song on my iPod forever and all of a sudden realize how absolutely amazing it is. (As you can probably guess, this just happened tonight.)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Late-Happy birthday, and god the Spirit Temple annoys me. I do hate how you have to stand EXACTLY in the right position for a block of time to move. You know they did that just to make people angry >_>

Gannon is going down. Tonight >_>

Edit: Just realized I turn 18 in 6 days O_o

Another random thing, there are like.. no cool Ttar wallpapers D:

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Late-Happy birthday, and god the Spirit Temple annoys me. I do hate how you have to stand EXACTLY in the right position for a block of time to move. You know they did that just to make people angry >_>

Gannon is going down. Tonight >_>

Edit: Just realized I turn 18 in 6 days O_o

Another random thing, there are like.. no cool Ttar wallpapers D:
what size exactly would your wallpaper need to be? :p

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
XD usually I just stretch if it's too small but uhm... 1000x800 or bigger I believe. Usually I just stretch if they are small XD.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Thanks =D

The stupid ice arrow dungeon really annoys me on OoT.. theres a shoot the eye minigame and the prize is crap but I must win it..

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Seriously guys? I don't ever want to see such blatant +1 posting again.

Don't abuse this thread just to increase your post count.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What's wrong with wishing Leafy a happy birthday? It's just some good courtesy, not +1ing.
Pretty sure he was referring to the follow-up of Tery hitting 10,000 posts. "I want to have as many posts as Azua +1", "+1 infraction", etc.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Pretty sure he was referring to the follow-up of Tery hitting 10,000 posts. "I want to have as many posts as Azua +1", "+1 infraction", etc.
*wallbanger* D'oh.

Ah well, I'm happy with my post count. Why's it seen as cool to have a high post count anyway? I suppose it's a sign of being there a lot and supposedly knowing what goes on there, but heck, if you had a very high one people'd accuse you of hackery or spamming your way up.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I didn't even know what post count was for the first few months I was here. I've never really been in a forums pre-here, I was more of an MMO person, so yeah. <.<. Almost done with the Spirit Temple, but I can't beat Gannondorf. Girlfriend was like "I want to watch so don't do it without me" D: And shes gone for 7 hours... which means.. SMG2 <.< or Breeding Lucarios. (Which means everytime I get better "parents" I have to evolve them to mate... *sigh*)

SMG2 won.

By the way, two small questions. 1) Where can I find gen 2/3/4 quizes? 2) <.< Anyone know if they still sell Oot Soundtrack? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom