• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake Project:M Thread

The Project:M Snake Discussion and Information Thread

For those who do not know Project:M is an evolution of vBrawl like Brawl-/+ but instead of just giving more hit-stun the creators also included many tweaks that were taken away from gameplay in the transition between Melee and Brawl. With these additions the game play much more like Melee than Brawl did.

This thread is for those who wish to know about the changes that were made to Snake and for thing related to Project:M and Snake.

Ground Moves

Jab: Snake no longer has his machine gun rapid fire jab. It is still 3 frames as far as I can tell but you can no longer just hold it to punish spot dodge spammers.

Forward Tilt: While it looks the same it no longer has the same range. On the plus side FTilt1 trips the opponent every time now and if they do not tech, it guarantees a follow up. FTilt2 now has two kinds of hits. The sour spot sends the victim at a low angle and it feels like Ganon's Tipman. The second is a sweetspot that kills pretty well.

Up Tilt: Is now a cool upper cut. While they nerfed it quite a bit, it still has a good bit of range but I believe it is a bit slower and it not longer kills the way it did.

Down Tilt: About the same except it now has a hitbox behind Snake which is very nice. Hitbox in front send opponent upwards and the one behind snake sends them at a 45-60 degree angle. Backwards hit does not have the range of the forward hitbox.

Forward Smash: Same as in Brawl although it seems faster. When timed right and the opponent is recovering from below nearly impossible to get by.

Up Smash: I will miss the Mortar Slide. Seems to be quicker and the first hit seems to have set knock back and pops the opponent into the shell if uncharged or only a bit.

Down Smash: Most Improved ground move. Now is much faster and kills rather quickly. Also has a bigger area for activating the mine. As soon as you plant in get yourself away from it as it become active much faster than before.

Dash Attack: Same as Brawl and maybe one of the best dash attacks in the game.

Aerials

Neural Air: Is now a 3 part spin kick for a total of 18 damage. Fast and short lag time, thank god Snake can now defend himself in the air

Forward Air: The Flying Axe Kick now is a useable move. I believe the entire move is a spike or a meteor smash if your opponent is in the air and if used on a grounded opponent it sends them at a low angle.

Back Air: This move is a god send, amazing kill power, fast and short lag on L-cancel

Up Air: Nerfed the kill power like up tilt but can be used to follow up Up tilts at mid percent and vise versa.

Down Air: Is down a weak meteor smash with the first few hits but the last one is a doozie and might be a true spike. Reduced damage like Nair but still hits hard. If you're a boss try timing the last hit of air with someone trying to recover(trying being the key word) and watch them get stair mastered.

Specials

Grenade: Snake can now only pull out one nade and is forced to either shield drop it or toss it immediately or it blows up on you. Timer is reduced to 2 seconds. While not being able to pull out 2 nades is a definite blow to Snake’s power I’m unsure about how the timer will effect snake.

Nikita: Well this remote controlled missile has a good use now. This could potentially be the best edge guarding tool in P:M as you can no longer air dodge like it’s going out of style.

Cypher: About the same as in Brawl but now with the Melee air dodge you can get a bit of extra height. Also we get our 2nd jump and Cypher back if we get grabbed on the edge.

C4: Same as Brawl C4 but with added mindgames. By holding down and not letting go of Down B you cancel the detonation and can be done multiple times. Also this no longer times out as far as I can tell and will stay until you get rid of it. We can still C4 jump if needed, just don's spam Down B as you will fake out yourself all the way down.

Grab and Throws

Grab: Same as in Brawl. With Jump Canceling your Grab you get about the same distance as a Grenade Grab from Brawl.

Forward and Back Throw: Now has set knock back. All the better to throw people into your explosives with.

Down Throw: Same as Brawl. When you want to go for racking up damage on floaties that are too damaged to get followed by up throw and if you don’t have a mine in range.

Up Throw: Infinitely more useful than in Brawl can be used to chaingrab and link into up tilts.

Great information posted by M0nkun1t that Ran figured out about some kill and be killed percents along with some misc. info
Setup: Mario on FD, controller port 2 Spawn. Attacks hitting towards the left side. Percentages are before the attack damage is added.

Moves with killing power
F Tilt [Second hit only sweet spot]-> 118
U Tilt -> 130
D Tilt [Sweet Spotted]-> 193
D Tilt [Closest hitbox] -> 145
Dash attack -> 176
F-Smash -> 52
F-Smash [Fully charged] -> 25
Down Smash - > 106
Down Smash [Fully charged] -> 60
Up Smash -> 200
Up Smash [Fully Charged] -> 190
Fair [Sweet Spotted] -> 85
Fair [Closest Hitbox] -> 124
Bair [Sweet Spotted] -> 110
Uair - 124
Nair [Final hit only] -> 136
Up throw -> 217
C4: 92
Grenade - 168

C4 Combinations
Up Throw + C4 -> 64
Dash attack + C4-> 67
Down Tilt - C4 -> 63
Up Tilt + C4 -> 62
Fair + C4 -> 70
Bair + C4 -> 75
Uair + C4-> 58
Dair [All hits] + C4 -> 65
Down Smash + C4 -> 46
Grenade + C4 -> 63

Moves that kill YOU - added 2/10
Fox - Up Smash -> 88
Fox - Fsmash -> 109
Fox - Up Air -> 106
Fox - Up Throw + Up Air -> 79

Marth - F-Smash Tipper-> 65
Marth - F-Smash -> 127
Marth - D-Smash Tipper -> 90
Marth - Nair Tipper -> 165
Marth - Dolphin Slash -> 109

Shiek - Up Smash -> 139
Shiek - Down Smash -> 147
Shiek - Fair -> 135
Shiek - Uair -> 143
Shiek - Bair -> 131

More to come.

Grenades
1) Grenade -> Shield -> Jump -> Catch -> Throw is your second fastest way to throw in the air if you want to have more control of where you throw.
2) You can do the above, but with instant throwing. Dear god the timing is ********.
3) You can wavedash out of shield to grab your grenade as well.
4) B-reversed aerial nade to wave dash to directional throw with the C-stick is great.
5) Just generically pulling a grenade to wavedash is good as well.
6) Grenade -> backwards wave-dash -> catch ledge is pretty nifty.
7) The same, but on a platform such as on BF is equally nice.
8) If you wave dash out of the grenade stance near the edge of a platform's ledge, you can instantly throw it or plant C4.
9) Wave dash off platform, b-reverse-> wave dash is super sexy.

Options after planting Landmine
1) Pivot Grab.
2) Roll [Ew]
3) Retreating/Approaching Fair/Nair
4) Wave Dashing
5) Replant Landmine
6) Dair the landmine while rising to explode it.
7) Full hop B Reversal. [lands in front of mine. ]
8) Mortar Slide.
9) Cypher
10) A single Jump Cancel throw puts you JUST out of range of the explosion radius.

Misc
1) Dair is 'non recoverable' as a spike at around 20% on Mario.
2) You can actively dair someone as they trigger a landmine for a great amount of damage. [32] You won't take any damage! =d
3) Snake usually falls from the lip of FD to the edge of the visible stage between the time of dropping a C4, and detonating it.
4) If Snake is a short hop's height above the lip in Fd, a pulled grenade will detonate, saving him. Due to the quicker explosion time, it allows Snake to take less damage when you need to gain height when recovering if used preemptively.

FD and you.
1) Snake can safely recover from doing any of his aerials as a walk off from the stage.
2) Fair is the only aerial that won't kill you when you fast fall.
3) The lip plays nicely with your Cypher.
4) B-reversing out of cypher when you're near the lip and otherwise would die, will often put you back onto the stage.

Crouch is pretty Op. <-- New
Move's that can't hit:
Marth's Uptilt
Marth's Nair
Marth's Bair only hits when fast fallen at the last moment.
Sheik's Bair.
Captain Falcon's Bair
Captain Falcon's Fair is extremely tight to time.
Captain Falcon's Jab
Link's Bair can usually only hit the last hit, and that's tight.
Link's Uptilt
G&W's Uptilt
G&W's NINE won't hit. Some will though.
Zelda's Jab
Zelda's Nair only hits once.
Zelda's UpSmash
Ganon's Jab
Ganon's Fair
Ganon's Bair
Ganon's Nair
Ganon's Dash attack [If started -very- close to you.]
Ganon's Ftilt [unless angled down.]
Ganon's F-Smash [Unless angled down.]
Ganon's D-Smash
Ganon's U-Smash
Jigglypuff's Rest.
Jigglypuff's Pound [unless angled down quickly.]
Snake's C4 cannot sticky you.
Sonic's Fair can only get one hit in. [4-6%]
And pretty much every upair in the game.

Grabs that fail:
Marth's Grab fails 90% of the time.
Ganon's Grabs
Zelda's Grab
Captain Falcon's Grab
Sheik's Grab fails 90% of the time.

Good ways to play with your Snake;)

Also, here are some tips!

1. Some bread and butter combos are:

SHFFL Nair -> Grab
Dair -> C4 sticky
utilt -> nair/bair/dair/uair
utilt -> C4 sticky
ftilt 1 -> C4 sticky
f/bthrow or dthrow tech chase -> dtilt/C4 sticky
f/throw or dthrow into claymore(dsmash mine) -> aerial
those are just some examples, there are plenty more to discover

2. Killing Options
C4 is one of the main killing options that snake has
you can also use the claymore to kill around 115
fsmash to edgeguard and it also hits slightly below the stage
ftilt 2 from a f/bthrow or dthrow tech chase
dtilt from dash attack(only at low %)/ f/bthrow and dthrow tech chase

3. The main thing with snake is usually tech chasing into explosives
See this for where to plant claymores and C4

i can make more stage guides if you guys want, i can also start working on character MUs with the help of everyone :p

About early damage on the spacies by OUMN.

Ok so info on the Utilt chain on Fox

This all all assuming he starts at 0%

-He can shine out of the first hit because he hits the ground too fast.
-He can crouch cancel the first three hits.
-At about 60-70% he goes too high to be Utilted again, but he can he hit by some aerials.
-With DI'ing away from Snake, he gets hit too far to continue without chaising, but you may be able to continue, I just couldn't get it to work.
-You can sticky him and possibly continue the lock, but this isn't a true combo

Videos

Melee Techs- Instead of me explaining worse and for time here are some of the AT you can do from Melee
Here is a great video series that will teach you some of the more advance techs from Melee.

Video 1 Covers Shorthoping, Fast Fasting, L-canceling and the combination of them all SHFFLing.

Video 2 Covers a few techs you should know about and stuff about Out of Shield and Wave Landing/Dashing

Video 3 Covers Dash Dancing, Jump canceling and Crouch Canceling

Stuff to improve you game
Pretty sexy recovery

reserved for when i need it

update guide
2/17/11 thread started
2/18/11 updated with kill % and be killed percents, Melee advance tech videos, cypher ledge snap, f tilt 2 update, down tilt update
2/24/11 minor changes along with added posts about some combos

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Good thread, but something tells me it doesn't belong here.

Then again, do they still have modded Brawl char forums on SWF?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
As a matter of fact, it doesn't iirc. This is his new more staple kill move. Utilt has become more anti-air/combo material.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Most of snake's moves combo into C4 stickies in some way (like ftilt 1, jab 1, uthrow, dair when the opponent is grounded, and utilt). His dtilt is one of his best pressure moves now as it's stupid safe, and a lot of characters in the demo either whiff an attack (due to snake being so low) or hit snake, but the crouch cancel mechanic lets you hit them anyway.

Snake is hard to gimp now, since tranditional melee gimps aren't very effective with Snakes recovery. Shine doesn't break the C4 super armor either.

fthrow and bthrow have set KB now, mostly to guarantee tossing people into claymores it seems like.

Killing with snake is infinitely harder now, only really done with bair, C4s, claymores... and fsmash if you're on a stage with a lip that lets you hit through the stage a bit. Ftilt 2 has a sweet spot now, now always guaranteed, but it hit's like a truck if you land it. uthrow CGs really well too.

Underload

Lazy
I OKed it, phi1.

It's Snake related, and honestly, it'll probably get better discussion here than in Modded Characters or whatever.

It's all just for fun, anyway :p

I need to get B-, seems fun. I think my Wii's still hacked...

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Charged Dsmash is very good on the ledge.

Snake's aerial game is definetly better now, but im not so sure if i'd call it good. Dair, nair, and bair are very fun to use.

I dtilted a falco to fair last night at midpercent off the ledge, couldn't get out of it.

octolink

Smash Rookie
I've been loving the new Snake so far. His fthrows and bthrows always throwing opponents the same distance is so great... I've been able to get a few hits off of them generally.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Most of snake's moves combo into C4 stickies in some way (like ftilt 1, jab 1, uthrow, dair when the opponent is grounded, and utilt). His dtilt is one of his best pressure moves now as it's stupid safe, and a lot of characters in the demo either whiff an attack (due to snake being so low) or hit snake, but the crouch cancel mechanic lets you hit them anyway.

Snake is hard to gimp now, since tranditional melee gimps aren't very effective with Snakes recovery. Shine doesn't break the C4 super armor either.

fthrow and bthrow have set KB now, mostly to guarantee tossing people into claymores it seems like.

Killing with snake is infinitely harder now, only really done with bair, C4s, claymores... and fsmash if you're on a stage with a lip that lets you hit through the stage a bit. Ftilt 2 has a sweet spot now, now always guaranteed, but it hit's like a truck if you land it. uthrow CGs really well too.
This is some cool info :)

I OKed it, phi1.

It's Snake related, and honestly, it'll probably get better discussion here than in Modded Characters or whatever.

It's all just for fun, anyway :p

kk, good to know. And yes, try out B-/P:M. I found a really cool thing that I'm sure is almost exclusive to Snake/Sheik in B- and is really tight, although I have the feeling it's been discovered already...

Yamitsuki

Smash Cadet
I am surprised no one has mentioned that C4 recovery with snake does not seem possible at low percents due to the increased downward force in the game down.

Also, since fthrow or bthrow is pretty much a guaranteed tech chase now, has anyone looked into using nikita as a way to cover tech chase options, much like wizkick can cover like 3/4 tech options.

shanus

Smash Hero
fthorw/bthrow are better intended with use with mines, nikita set-ups i think would be veryyyy limited

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
fthrow and bthrow are also tech chases

also, some info dump made by smashmods's Ran
Setup: Mario on FD, controller port 2 Spawn. Attacks hitting towards the left side. Percentages are before the attack damage is added.

Moves with killing power
F Tilt [Second hit only sweet spot]-> 118
U Tilt -> 130
D Tilt [Sweet Spotted]-> 193
D Tilt [Closest hitbox] -> 145
Dash attack -> 176
F-Smash -> 52
F-Smash [Fully charged] -> 25
Down Smash - > 106
Down Smash [Fully charged] -> 60
Up Smash -> 200
Up Smash [Fully Charged] -> 190
Fair [Sweet Spotted] -> 85
Fair [Closest Hitbox] -> 124
Bair [Sweet Spotted] -> 110
Uair - 124
Nair [Final hit only] -> 136
Up throw -> 217
C4: 92
Grenade - 168

C4 Combinations
Up Throw + C4 -> 64
Dash attack + C4-> 67
Down Tilt - C4 -> 63
Up Tilt + C4 -> 62
Fair + C4 -> 70
Bair + C4 -> 75
Uair + C4-> 58
Dair [All hits] + C4 -> 65
Down Smash + C4 -> 46
Grenade + C4 -> 63

Moves that kill YOU - added 2/10
Fox - Up Smash -> 88
Fox - Fsmash -> 109
Fox - Up Air -> 106
Fox - Up Throw + Up Air -> 79

Marth - F-Smash Tipper-> 65
Marth - F-Smash -> 127
Marth - D-Smash Tipper -> 90
Marth - Nair Tipper -> 165
Marth - Dolphin Slash -> 109

Shiek - Up Smash -> 139
Shiek - Down Smash -> 147
Shiek - Fair -> 135
Shiek - Uair -> 143
Shiek - Bair -> 131

More to come.

Grenades
1) Grenade -> Shield -> Jump -> Catch -> Throw is your second fastest way to throw in the air if you want to have more control of where you throw.
2) You can do the above, but with instant throwing. Dear god the timing is ********.
3) You can wavedash out of shield to grab your grenade as well.
4) B-reversed aerial nade to wave dash to directional throw with the C-stick is great.
5) Just generically pulling a grenade to wavedash is good as well.
6) Grenade -> backwards wave-dash -> catch ledge is pretty nifty.
7) The same, but on a platform such as on BF is equally nice.
8) If you wave dash out of the grenade stance near the edge of a platform's ledge, you can instantly throw it or plant C4.
9) Wave dash off platform, b-reverse-> wave dash is super sexy.

Options after planting Landmine
1) Pivot Grab.
2) Roll [Ew]
3) Retreating/Approaching Fair/Nair
4) Wave Dashing
5) Replant Landmine
6) Dair the landmine while rising to explode it.
7) Full hop B Reversal. [lands in front of mine. ]
8) Mortar Slide.
9) Cypher
10) A single Jump Cancel throw puts you JUST out of range of the explosion radius.

Misc
1) Dair is 'non recoverable' as a spike at around 20% on Mario.
2) You can actively dair someone as they trigger a landmine for a great amount of damage. [32] You won't take any damage! =d
3) Snake usually falls from the lip of FD to the edge of the visible stage between the time of dropping a C4, and detonating it.
4) If Snake is a short hop's height above the lip in Fd, a pulled grenade will detonate, saving him. Due to the quicker explosion time, it allows Snake to take less damage when you need to gain height when recovering if used preemptively.

FD and you.
1) Snake can safely recover from doing any of his aerials as a walk off from the stage.
2) Fair is the only aerial that won't kill you when you fast fall.
3) The lip plays nicely with your Cypher.
4) B-reversing out of cypher when you're near the lip and otherwise would die, will often put you back onto the stage.

Crouch is pretty Op. <-- New
Move's that can't hit:
Marth's Uptilt
Marth's Nair
Marth's Bair only hits when fast fallen at the last moment.
Sheik's Bair.
Captain Falcon's Bair
Captain Falcon's Fair is extremely tight to time.
Captain Falcon's Jab
Link's Bair can usually only hit the last hit, and that's tight.
Link's Uptilt
G&W's Uptilt
G&W's NINE won't hit. Some will though.
Zelda's Jab
Zelda's Nair only hits once.
Zelda's UpSmash
Ganon's Jab
Ganon's Fair
Ganon's Bair
Ganon's Nair
Ganon's Dash attack [If started -very- close to you.]
Ganon's Ftilt [unless angled down.]
Ganon's F-Smash [Unless angled down.]
Ganon's D-Smash
Ganon's U-Smash
Jigglypuff's Rest.
Jigglypuff's Pound [unless angled down quickly.]
Snake's C4 cannot sticky you.
Sonic's Fair can only get one hit in. [4-6%]
And pretty much every upair in the game.

Grabs that fail:
Marth's Grab fails 90% of the time.
Ganon's Grabs
Zelda's Grab
Captain Falcon's Grab
Sheik's Grab fails 90% of the time.

Streaming the development version, I'll be using mostly snake so you can take a look at Snake: M. I'm using the tag Monk or Rombs

We'll also be saving and uploading some replays at www.youtube.com/user/nonstandardtoaster

http://www.livestream.com/stprojectm

EDIT: Done streaming, we'll have about 10 replays with snake going up today/tomorrow.
Thank you and subscribed. New thing to check out I think we can do a bit of falco-esque down air> up tilt combos. It can be Di'ed out of I think due to the multiple hit Dair but it looks promising. Check out the cypher snap which you can do without have to turn around and wavedash ledge hog and risk SDing. To do it simply run off stage and immediately press up b to insta-snap the ledge. Also looking into using the back hitbox of d tilt in edge guarding because of the away hitbox it sends people at and not straight up like the front hitbox.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
snakes edgeguarding in this game is pretty ridiculous too especially considering you can't auto snap the ledge, at least in my current experience against recoveries.

I think snake honestly has a lot of creative/gay (for our opponent) stuff we still need to figure out.

I'll be working on his edge guarding tommorow.

if anyone wants to help with snakes metagame (we do have 9 years to make up for ) hit me up on aim.

Xyless

Smash Master
You can also do B- without hacking the Wii, FYI.

But yeah, it's good to try both mods out, since each caters to different entertainment options. P:M is more serious and B- is more over-the-top.

snakes edgeguarding in this game is pretty ridiculous too especially considering you can't auto snap the ledge, at least in my current experience against recoveries.

I think snake honestly has a lot of creative/gay (for our opponent) stuff we still need to figure out.

if anyone wants to help with snakes metagame (we do have 9 years to make up for ) hit me up on aim.
You have to be aimed perfectly to auto snap and yes I think snake's edge guarding and tech chasing is going to be where the metagame is at. Lastly yes we have to cover a good bit of ground.

Also, you can chain utilts into itself at low percentages, I got Fox to about 0-50% with it
Are you sure it's a combo? I think fox and falco fall too fast from like 0-30 but then yes we can and then from like 50-75 we have up throw chain grabs. Pivot grab covers more of the DI options they have if they have any.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

I'd be glad to hit you up on aim when i can, although i do prefer using the Project M IRC.

Also, as far as snake: m's metagame is concerned. Here's what I have found his game to revolve around.

-Tech chasing with fthrow, bthrow, dthrow, and ftilt 1
-C4 sticky foes, try to sticky the foe when you can. Best to do jab/ftilt 1 or fthrow tech roll -> C4 sticky.
-Claymore(dsmash) -> f/bthrow into claymore -> aerial/C4 explosion
-Uthrow to CG/tech chase FFers

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
You have to be aimed perfectly to auto snap and yes I think snake's edge guarding and tech chasing is going to be where the metagame is at. Lastly yes we have to cover a good bit of ground.

Are you sure it's a combo? I think fox and falco fall too fast from like 0-30 but then yes we can and then from like 50-75 we have up throw chain grabs. Pivot grab covers more of the DI options they have if they have any.

I might be wrong, but it does work work for a while. I'll check today

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know of this. If you guys think of an idea for a new sideB or a buff to sideB, post it here! http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2213.html

Also, here are some tips!

1. Some bread and butter combos are:

SHFFL Nair -> Grab
Dair -> C4 sticky
utilt -> nair/bair/dair/uair
utilt -> C4 sticky
ftilt 1 -> C4 sticky
f/bthrow or dthrow tech chase -> dtilt/C4 sticky
f/throw or dthrow into claymore(dsmash mine) -> aerial
those are just some examples, there are plenty more to discover

2. Killing Options
C4 is one of the main killing options that snake has
you can also use the claymore to kill around 115
fsmash to edgeguard and it also hits slightly below the stage
ftilt 2 from a f/bthrow or dthrow tech chase
dtilt from dash attack(only at low %)/ f/bthrow and dthrow tech chase

3. The main thing with snake is usually tech chasing into explosives
See this for where to plant claymores and C4

i can make more stage guides if you guys want, i can also start working on character MUs with the help of everyone :p

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I might of missed it, but C4 doesnt make any SFX when you drop it or plant it UNLESS it's on someone.

Which makes it a deceptive tool on dark stages like FD

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Ok so info on the Utilt chain on Fox

This all all assuming he starts at 0%

-He can shine out of the first hit because he hits the ground to fast.
-He can crouch cancel the first three hits.
-At about 60-70% he goes to high to be Utilted again, but he can he hit by some aerials.
-With DI'ing away from Snake, he gets hit too far to continue without chaising, but you may be able to continue, I just couldn't get it to work.
-You can sticky him and possibly continue the lock, but this isn't a true combo

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I really like playing Snake in PM, I feel he has a ton of potential.
He can cross up his opponents like no one else.

Check out a match of my Snake. I think I have improved since this video though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTr0xuuxJB4
Nice match, work on spacing and stage control IMO. Spacies need the floor to move around on, if you plant claymore, C4, and grenades, you have the stage all to yourself. Also, nair and bair are great spacing tools. Try using nair more.

Also, utilt -> nair -> fthrow -> tech roll towards you -> C4 sticky works

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Nice match, work on spacing and stage control IMO. Spacies need the floor to move around on, if you plant claymore, C4, and grenades, you have the stage all to yourself. Also, nair and bair are great spacing tools. Try using nair more.

Also, utilt -> nair -> fthrow -> tech roll towards you -> C4 sticky works
this depends on the spacie you fight. if you plant mines vs a good fox your gonna get waveshined into it unless you camp which isnt a good idea vs fox either. its better to techchase at lower %s the cg into sticky and if you do mine.. the rapid jab combo is the best set up to knock them into it. use side b vs the side b recovery and gimp the upb's with bair. i also nair for pressure mixing either 2 or 3 hits of it. after a 2 hit nair you can grab.. use the 3 hit for the kill or extra knockback when pressuring

For those who didn't go to the link monkunit posted about changing snake's side b I'm going to put my idea on how side b could be changed. I think a combat knife would be cool to be able to pull out. I would like to think of it as a shorter version of the beam sword. Even if we couldn't use it for smashes it would make for a better addition to our edge guarding arsenal as well put more pressure on opponents. They could balance it so that like wario's bike it takes a few seconds for the knife to recharge and come back into your possession if you threw it off stage and if your opponent takes the knife from you you can't pull out another. I'm not sure what kind of knockback and damage it should have but you are throwing a knife at someone. And another thing to change is his weight. Snake has endless nades,mines, C4, a mortar launcher, rocket launcher, remote controlled missile launcher and he has a goatee, he has to be the heaviest human in the game.

I meant that we can't add it in because snake does not have an article that acts like that already and we can't really mod another item to work like it. The only one I could think of is the grenade, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to give that up. :p
hmmm ok and yes don't take away nades. One more thing to maybe look into is the box taunt. Being able to pick up the box might be cool. I know we already use it to edge guard but being able to pick it up might be nice.

octolink

Smash Rookie
Not really anything too relevant, but WDing into and out of crawls makes for some great mindgames... and the fact that his Dtilt has a lot of priority makes this pretty useful, taking the situation into consideration of course. On an unrelated note I realize this is probably a totally noobish thing to ask, but everytime I try to reverse snakes dash consciously I can never seem to do it. Only when I'm not actually even thinking about it do I pull it off. Is there an odd timing for it or something?

Top Bottom