• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Requesting a Sonic mentor...

I love the blue ball but i suck with him but i'd like to get really good with him.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Requesting a Sonic mentor...

I love the blue ball but i suck with him but i'd like to get really good with him.
He PM'd me, I've got this :cool:
Jungle, could I possibly be a PT addition as well? It's definitely a character I'm feeling up to knowledge with, as well as a few others.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Not final product:

This is what I made so far and captures my basic idea. I'm not exactly the most creative person, so if anyone has some suggestions i'd consider them.

edit- and the picture quality (looks sorta like cell shading) is from my photoshop save, woops. Final product would have true game colors
Looks good so far. :) I'd agree with Gatlin that a few more characters and faster image switching would look good.

He PM'd me, I've got this :cool:
Ok, thanks for letting us know.

Jungle, could I possibly be a PT addition as well? It's definitely a character I'm feeling up to knowledge with, as well as a few others.
Please PM me with your application if you'd like to mentor additional characters.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
TBH i wasnt a fan of the "more characters" idea because i thought it would make the image more cluttered and my philosophy is simplicity and purpose to each image.

But I figured i would at least give it a chance so here is a new version with more characters.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So we are sort of back to square one. I agree that the animation on the first was too slow. I will try and produce another image tomorrow, I plan to experiment with additional text and color schemes.

Feel free to give honest critique. Gatlin i read yours and i am grateful for it. I will be reviewing your words again before i start working tomorrow.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
No problem, hah. I agree though, it did make it look sort of crowded. I am not really inventive of what to create in terms of a signature. Also I wasn't implying that a background is needed, but if you do decide to keep a solid color background I suggest a darker color.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
KG, did my application go through successfully?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I don't know, but if you're concerned about it then you can send it to me as well. Generally we like for people to send PMs to both of us.

EDIT: Nevermind, Jungle forwarded it to me. We'll look over it.

9-BiT

Smash Cadet
I just sent a pm to penta saila to become a pupil, I can't wait, thanks guys.
~9-BiT

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ok, thanks guys, I will add you to the list of mentorships. Remember to stay in contact often if you want to have a productive mentorship! :)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
INTRODUCING:

The new/alternate mentoring program banner!

You may use either banner; I'm using both simply as a way of showing both options. (EDIT: As I discovered that the Revolution skin could not support having both of them on one line, I'm going to showcase the new one for now until I think of a solution.)

A huge thank-you to Chronodiver Lokii for designing this.

Again, if you'd like the code for either one, please just send me a PM!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I really like the new banner ^^

is it a transparent background?

edit- yeah it is. thats a really good design!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I request a mentor, but I'll wait until you find one for ness (brawl) ^^'
Thanks for letting us know you want one; it helps us figure out where there's demand for a mentor. We'll try to find one for you if possible.

whats a mentor
A mentor is someone who can help you learn the subject you're interested in. You might be able to find more information like this by reading the first post in this thread.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Glad the banner is working out ^_^

If any photoshop stuff is needed in here, feel free to ask me. I'd be happy to help you guys whenever.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Glad the banner is working out ^_^

If any photoshop stuff is needed in here, feel free to ask me. I'd be happy to help you guys whenever.
Awesome, thanks so much.

can we change pages so my horrible attempt at one is removed from sight? xD
Hahahaha, well if you really want to you can edit it out of your posts and I'll take it out of mine. But it wasn't bad really (better than I could have done) and nobody's going to see it anyway.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i know im just kidding. im never ashamed of my work. i said i was no professional before i started lol

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
list me as

melee: all chars, and specifically ganon and c. falcon mentor.

i taught a lot of people from the ground up for three years. i should do a good job.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
list me as

melee: all chars, and specifically ganon and c. falcon mentor.

i taught a lot of people from the ground up for three years. i should do a good job.
i wouldnt mind being a mentor for tech skill =), or even some characters.
Thanks for the offers. Please follow the instructions in the first post as to how to become a mentor (under the "Applying to be a Mentor" section). We will use the information you give us to determine whether you are fit to mentor people. Just as a side note, we don't do "all characters" mentors, with the possible exception of Smash 64 mentors.

Top Bottom