• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
LOL @ the caption near Wife at the beginning

also saw Mafia and Desil in the opening, NE baby!

this should be very interesting once it's released, very professional quality to the interview segment

:phone:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
LOL yeah that caption is sort of the best thing

Wife is awesome and can articulate his thoughts really well. Can't wait to hear more from him and team ben.

Varist

Smash Lord
wondering why the **** it's been a full month since anyone's bumped this thing. don't let the hype die peeples, do you want a smash documentary or not?

to the first page with this

samox

Smash Journeyman
Hey y'all - I'm doing the update for tomorrow right now.

Now, this guy has been sought after for a while now and I don't want to speak too soon because he has an insanely busy schedule, but I feel pretty confident in saying... we're looking swell on the Ken front. :)

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Hey y'all - I'm doing the update for tomorrow right now.

Now, this guy has been sought after for a while now and I don't want to speak too soon because he has an insanely busy schedule, but I feel pretty confident in saying... we're looking swell on the Ken front. :)
YESSS

:phone:

samox

Smash Journeyman
Damn right it's still a thing. Things don't go away just cause it's not the latest hit by Carly Jepson, AesirGod.

Just kidding. Your Pikachu scares me.

The latest update! And now sleep! Must drive to M2K tomorrow!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Your pikachu scares me. Change it maybe?

but seriously, I want to see a DBZ Kage. He looks like he'd fit right in. Minus the spikey hair.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That update seems like an inspiring idea, I'd definitely like to see how it can turn out or what ideas people have in that way. But the general idea of what people described me is a RL anime character. lol.

Maybe I could do some interesting stuff if I get interviewed at some point.. maybe FC?

erbanez

Smash Apprentice
I feel like M2K won't feel like he's been interviewed properly... unless he has a good controller.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I guess I'll link this to my Project M buddies. Good luck on that. So long as it doesn't cover Brawl, I'm giving support.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yes, the saving grace of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The ability to hack the ever loving **** out of it into a good game.

samox

Smash Journeyman
Just got back. Holy hell NE decided tonight would be a good time to complete every single road construction project they could think of. At LEAST 27 miles total of orange cones. I'm pretty sure I saw a guy just straight up swedish massage the concrete. No happy ending.

I talked to M2K for about two hours. Good stuff for certain. I'll hook you guys up with a teaser soon.

Looking forward to Legacy and probably the biggest interview yet come September.

Alright. No more cones. Sleep.

Varist

Smash Lord
Props to you for toughing it samox. I can't wait for the teaser. M2K is my favorite smasher behind Mango. I hope his recent disillusionment with SSBM didn't affect the quality of the interview.

<3 M2K and his beautiful swordsman

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just got back. Holy hell NE decided tonight would be a good time to complete every single road construction project they could think of. At LEAST 27 miles total of orange cones. I'm pretty sure I saw a guy just straight up swedish massage the concrete. No happy ending.
You are a funny man. I am glad to have you in charge of the documentary.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Samox is such a good dude

Using this opportunity to remind you that NC would still allow you to have fun and get some interviewing done

with minimal orange cones =p

samox

Smash Journeyman
I've only gotten a few responses from people actively looking to participate, so tell your artistic friends who are looking for a chance to get their art in a real movie - even if they don't know who these guys are.

Below, I've summarized what would be good jumping off points for some of the character specific imagery.

Isai (dominant color - orange): With his devilish goatee and wild hair, the young monkish Isai appears serene and content in his natural power - a hint of which can be seen emanating from his piercing gaze. Neutral stance. (Alternate pose - Isai belly laughing)

Ken (dominant color - red): The thin and confident Ken crosses his arms and smiles. His upturned chin displays contempt for your attempts to defeat him. (Alternate pose - Ken's death stare)

Azen (dominant color - blue): The shorter Azen stands with shoulders slouched and head bowed, gaze towards the ground. His power is great, but clearly a burden to himself. He is a warrior conflicted. (Alternate pose - Azen smiles the most open loving smile)

PC Chris (dominant color - black): One foot on a skateboard, one hand thrown behind his head, PC Chris is the essence of cool. He plays it loose and all for fun with his cigarette and leather jacket. (Alternate pose - PC Chris gives the "puffed up" face)

Mew2King (dominant color - green): Mind powers blazing, M2K focuses his gaze to nowhere in particular. A hand under his chin, the bespeckled scientist of Melee conjures up new tactics. (Alternate pose - M2K laughing awkwardly, hand behind head; trying his best to fit in)

Korean DJ (dominant color - yellow): In perfect "power up" stance ala dbz, KDJ's hair flutters as he raises his anger and aggression into a dangerous focus. (Alternate pose - KDJ contemplates a sad past)

Mango (dominant color - none?): The classic "drunken monk", Mango (sporting a black wife-beater) laughs big with head skyward, enjoying the competition as only a master can. (Alternate pose - Mango gets serious)

That'd be where I'd start. Maybe I should post this somewhere where artistic types will see this. There isn't a thread for melee artists, is there?

PS - good **** vanir. Can't wait to see em. :D

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
yoooooooooooo thought you would've made a thread here already.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
That's the SWF atrwork emporium. You'll probably find someone here, I remember there was some guy who sketched a lot of smash characters and sold them as well as people who sold custom made stickers, props, figurines and other smash related stuff so there's gotta be some talent in there.

Top Bottom