• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

samox

Smash Journeyman
@zZz - That sounds pretty awesome. What record was this? Shoot me a PM with your email so we can talk more.

@Scar - I understand where you're coming from. Everyone in the community certainly has a vested interest in seeing themselves represented well in the story of Smash. The goal of the bi-weekly updates and this thread is to, as you say, keep lines of communication open.

However, when you start talking about storyboards, that's getting into specific production details that, frankly, won't be served by crowdsourcing. As zZz said, too many cooks will ruin a dish and I have to agree. I'm happy to be open about the progress we make and the shape of the project to come. That's only fair reciprocation for the community's enthusiasm and generosity thusfar.

But a film or video (or "video film", as some call it) is dependent on being a coherent, thematic piece.
For example:

Think of your favorite band.

Now think of a drum circle.

One of these produces coherent, thematically consistent pieces of art. The other makes a lot of democratic noise.

I'll share as much as I reasonably can, but for the sake of the project, I can't make the creative process a collaborative effort.

I hope you'll understand.

MORE TO COME!

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Update 8 FTW

I would have LOVED to have attended SMYM, but I'm booked now. :( I will definitely be heading to the Midwest at some point (April/May). I'll post about it for sure to give you a heads up.
Aw, you're gonna miss Darkrain coming out of retirement :(

How many of your main interviews have you gotten so far, btw? KDJ is one, you said you got Isai (super pumped for that - you should release the raw footage at some point too so we can hear everything that didn't make the cut for his episode. Any others?

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I'm loving the constant updates but my favorite one has to be the 7th. I think even a 10 second glimpse of raw footage each update will help tide over all of us until the first episode. Also, can we still donate to your kickstarter account or have you reached your quota and closed it?

voorhese

Smash Master
NOOOOOOO you are going to miss smym </3 so devastated. That's where i met m2k/mango/scar/darkrain/jman/kels/drephen/the radavich brothers...so sad.

samox

Smash Journeyman
Hey y'all - Quick Update.

Got done with an AWESOME interview with PC Chris. I also followed him around to document just how awesome he is at beer pong and not appearing hung over at his job. :)

The update is a few days late since I haven't had time to process the footage yet. But it is my intention to release a few bits of footage to give you a nice hearty taste of Port Chester.

Posting tomorrow.

Rud Lisi

Smash Cadet
lol... can't wait for an update... more like can't wait for the documentary.

when is this gonna come out? 2015?

i predict he's gonna get all the footage over the next 6 months and make the first couple documentaries, then realize that no one gives a **** anymore and just stop making them... but hey, id love to be proven wrong

KrIsP!

Smash Champion

i predict he's gonna get all the footage over the next 6 months and make the first couple documentaries, then realize that no one gives a **** anymore and just stop making them... but hey, id love to be proven wrong
2013, and he's getting large amounts of footage now. He's not going to release one and not the others, he'll already have most of them done by the release of the next episode and hwil epeople may lose interest over time. That's only because they might have forgotten it, these updates are aiding in avoiding that and people will still be moved to watch it once they find out it's been released.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's ridiculous to suggest people will lose interest. This is the best thing that's happened to the Melee community in awhile.

Naughty Pixel

Smash Apprentice

Lol, idk about you but I've been following every update this guy has put out. I'm very hyped for his documentary.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^Can we still donate? I thought his kickstarter account was closed.

Edit: can we still donate to kickstarter rather than paypall I should say.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
just have to make sure that samox makes backups of his backups of his backups of his backups in case something goes wrong and he loses footage

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Hey samox 2 things
1. Have you talked to ken or going to talk to ken. I deff wanna see an update with that footage
2. Are we gonna get another preview in the next update like the last one with pc

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Kickstarter account. If you donate 2k you get a DVD + mention in the credit + contact with samox and chance to give advice/critique. I'm definitely looking to donate but I'd need to get a prepaid card to do so, I need something to worth buying online before I go out and get a card for this.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I miss that beard. Grow it back. It's lonely being the only person in NC with a cool beard.

Top Bottom