• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
I couldn't of said this better myself.
Hey buddy, how is that cheese rehabilitation thing going? I got some tips for you, don't directly sniff the cheese, it's outer lining might produce spores, which affects the brain, causing your freak fetish urges to go on a fritz.

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
I don't watch south park. Stop ignoring the point that you like cheese, just admit it and I will leave you alone until next week, when I harrass you again.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Yeah, I did that once and I'm sorry for that. Spam really does look like that cat at times and it overwhelmed my decisions.
You should have texted me before Thursday. I wouldn't have minded had I known that you already made plans.

All other times I clearly mention whether I'm coming to a tourney or not.

Anytime I say I'm leaving early it was planned days ago so people saying "no Keitaro, see your gf tomorrow" doesn't work the day of cause I already told her I'm seeing her and I'm not canceling on her.
Keitaro, Keitaro, Keitaro...this is what people are saying. That you should plan ahead so that you're always free on Fridays since you KNOW the weeklies are going to be on Friday.

Eazy said:
No its not the loyalty that people are upset about. They get upset because something THEY WANT isnt going there way. Spam isnt upset cuz keit isnt there 2 hang out, its usually a more selfish reason to why him or anyone else is upset.
Really? It's a more selfish reason? That's news to me. What do I get out of Keitaro going to an RU weekly? Well, I suppose I get an extra $3 if I win first but that's too small for me to care enough as I could always trip a bunch of times and not get first. I think he should come to more tournaments because there are 168 hours in a week and I KNOW he can spend 5 to 8 hours a week at a tournament if he manages his time properly without feeling guilty.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Keitaro, Keitaro, Keitaro...this is what people are saying. That you should plan ahead so that you're always free on Fridays since you KNOW the weeklies are going to be on Friday.
Spam, Spam, Spam...I don't want to spend every Friday night playing smash brothers!! I just can't do that and friday nights are the best time to do anything with my girl and always have been since before the weeklies started. So preferable I'd rather go out with my girl every single friday over going to any of the RU weeklies.

The only reason I'm going to this weekly is because my girl has to study for a final but she might not have to study so she may be there for a while then I may go to the RU fest after low tier singles.

I love smash bros but it is impossible to ever put it in front of my girl unless it's Smashtality or something. That's something I definitely wouldn't miss over the world ;)

Eazy23

Smash Lord
yup dm cuz i do nothing but sit and post on smashboards all day, stfu.

Spam yea it is usually a more selfish reason, and I wasnt only saying you. Keit not going to tournies has nothing to do with peoples personal relationships with him, its more like o snap keit isn going, I dont have a ride. O snap keit isnt going, eazy cant bring his setup etc. He is MY TEAMATE, and how many times have i been bailed on? I hardly care one bit, you guys find it ok so say negative things about it.
This discussion goes outside of smash to a level of reality and social activity that I guess many people are not familiar with. If thats the case, sorry my assuming that EVERYONE has the common sense to know the Girls come before Games. Just like if I say hmm Im not going to that tourny 2morrow because I need to study, or Im not going because I dont feel well, gf is a perfectly fine reason 2 miss out on an event.Health, school, girl PLENTY of things.
N spam why would he make himself free to do something that he obviously doesnt want to do? If his girl invites on thursday to do something on friday, and he doesnt give a flying fluck about the weekly, why should he not spend time wtih his girl? Priorities man seriously.

Edit: U mean, For guys who can never get ANY girls, games>girls. I pray it changes for u one day.

Sensei

Smash Lord
People can do whatever they want. Like right now, I should be doing my HW that is about a week late but I'm bored and lazy so I give my O-Sensei wisely advice on these matters.

I talked to Copy and I'm having a meeting at my house this Sat. Be there at 6 PM.
Bring SETUPS! Right now I only have one cuz my big screen TV is broken. BTW, someone MM my pika. :)

Eazy23

Smash Lord
ur pika in brawl? if so I will!
Tlink vs pika best of 5? no stage bans!

Sensei

Smash Lord
Eww, not brawl. Might as well do a flip a coin and call it MM, which I wouldn't mind doing. I would rather do that than do MMs in brawl. How bout it? Best out of three, call it in the air, rotate flippers in between sets if we do more than one, use a standardized American Alabama Quarter (preferably year 2003)? $1!!! You up for the challenge? Man up.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yo, why's everyone gettin on keitaro? Lol. At least hes doing something good with his time instead of smash. Like smashin some pootang. I don't really see why you guys are getting on his case? Its not like with me/treble where he's like yeah imma go to the tourney/smashfest "I don't feel like it." Then he just plays wow all day instead. Thats far more lame. He doesn't even need to justify this I don't see wtf you guys are arguing over. I stopped caring about that awhile ago tho, I've learned if people don't want to to or like something else over smash your not gonna get them to go no matter how much you try. So just leave them alone especially if they are doing something worthy.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I've missed like a million tournaments for my girlfriend. Guess why I wasn't at the last tunes biweekly? Girls > games. Ask Scar about it.. I am like super whipped too, and I don't hear my smasher friends complaining.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i have to agree as a whole i would much rather hang out with a girl i was seeing than go to a tournament, BUT at the same time there's no reason if you arrange a few weeks in advance that you want to go to a tournament a specific day, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

If it is, your girlfriend is a *****

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
i have to agree as a whole i would much rather hang out with a girl i was seeing than go to a tournament, BUT at the same time there's no reason if you arrange a few weeks in advance that you want to go to a tournament a specific day, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

If it is, your girlfriend is a *****
Girls have sick mindgames though.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I've missed like a million tournaments for my girlfriend. Guess why I wasn't at the last tunes biweekly? Girls > games. Ask Scar about it...
Scar said he didn't know why you missed the last Tunes Biweekly when I asked him there :(.

Doctor Eggman said:
Its not like with me/treble where he's like yeah imma go to the tourney/smashfest "I don't feel like it." Then he just plays wow all day instead. Thats far more lame. He doesn't even need to justify this I don't see wtf you guys are arguing over. I stopped caring about that awhile ago tho, I've learned if people don't want to to or like something else over smash your not gonna get them to go no matter how much you try. So just leave them alone
:( Doctor Eggman, I am disappointed. I could understand if Treble was playing a real game, but WoW addiction is something that needs to be fought against.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Wow, Goku didn't even trip randomly once! This game is better than Brawl.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Starcock for moderator. He should replace the person who said this

AlphaZealot said:
Combos in Melee, by 2008, were essentially well rehearsed series of inputs drawing on technical ability. Even the slight variations that could arise from DI had become, in Melee, simply an execution of an action in a scenario likely encountered hundreds of times before hand. Much of the depth of Melee was actually in the approaches and spacing, looking for that opening that would lead to that hit that would start that string of attacks. The strings of attacks themselves are nothing more than a further extension of technical ability. During a combo, thinking usually goes out the window and is instead replaced with reaction or rehearsal, depending on whose dishing or taking the damage. When a combo in Melee would finally end you would usually find your character either recovering or respawning.

Do these combos actually increase depth? No. They are fun to do, fun to watch, fun to find (but then you rehearse them), nearly impossible to defend against once started, and devastating. The only difference between a combo in Melee and a Final Smash in Brawl is that a Final Smash requires less inputs (and maybe less work for an opening), and for some reason these inputs are looked upon as skill and depth.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You should read the things AZ writes on SRK.

He is a laughing stock over there.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
^^^ no, not if u BANNED it, if u strike it off the random, tho, its perfectly fine

I plan to in the summer. I really want to try to go OOS for this summer alot since my parents don't care when I'm out anymore.
sweet.
I will be in July. Yall better be playing with me all the f'in' time, preferably 4 player, every CF on YS, infinite time, but real matches work too.
sweet.

make sure u guys hit me up asap when u arrive

pockyD

Smash Legend
^^^ no, not if u BANNED it, if u strike it off the random, tho, its perfectly fine

what does that even mean

in most tournaments i've been to, you get a single stage ban; if that banned stage happens to be a neutral, then you get to reset it

and this is the ruleset my question is referring to

pockyD

Smash Legend
well with your rules (incidentally the rule set used at smashtality and smashacre iirc), you would only ban when the opponent is counterpicking, so it wouldn't affect your own counterpick at all

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
You know, this isn't even a matter of "Getting a life outside of Smash" or anything like that. You're reading WAY too much into it. Sometihng that was once there, is just completelty gone for some people, and because it seemed to stop....(cold turkey, almost?) they aren't very happy about it. It's common....and it has nothing to do with Smash in particular. Dude, ever watch a movie or TV show? They make fun of it because that crap is real. It's happening here. You got a friend that's in the group, he gets a girl, he disappears. *shrugs* Such is the way of life. Keitaro may actually want to play smash, but fear for boring his girl, or perhaps driving her away....just making her uncomfortable is what's going to happen. *shrugs* Guys tend to do that, especially if it's a girl they really like. Thing is....a lot of times, guys will just....go cold turkey on things they enjoy. That's not the right idea. My dad to this day STILL plays video games, and more than he did when I was younger. It's a matter of balance. Keitaro, I'm not saying this is the exact reasoning, but I'm presenting an example....mainly through experience, here.

On a side note-
Disclaimer: This does NOT work with all women

A girl will overlook the fact that you play video games and even make an attempt to take an interest in it if she really likes you. However, that's if you manage to land a girl that isn't always out to "change" a guy because it's a "challenge". (And people wonder why the divorce rate is so high.) Compromise is the key. You don't always have to give things up. I speak from experience. (Until she backstabbed me....friggin' pretty boys....and a mother that pissed her off to the point she did stupid stuff. But I digress) My parents are the same way, my mom even learned to like to play video games again, and I bought her a system. Then she became a more avid gamer than me O.o. Yeah, anyway, the point is:

DEAL WITH YOUR FRIEND. HE STILL WANTS TO HANG WITH YOU!!! DON'T BERATE HIM, INSTEAD....WORK WITH HIM!!!

Sponsored by the Bros for life foundation.

"Crank that Roy"

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
People can do whatever they want. Like right now, I should be doing my HW that is about a week late but I'm bored and lazy so I give my O-Sensei wisely advice on these matters.

I talked to Copy and I'm having a meeting at my house this Sat. Be there at 6 PM.
Bring SETUPS! Right now I only have one cuz my big screen TV is broken. BTW, someone MM my pika. :)
OK Woz said he is coming to this also, so we'll see you around 6.

Top Bottom