• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
You should made an argument against his main point which is that ASIDE from fox and falco, sheik has no bad matchups.
Yeah but Pakman, Eggm said Sheik vs Fox and Sheik vs Falco are even. It's not even at all and it is ludicrous to even suggest that.

Let's look at Sheik's matchups of good characters compared to Falcon's.
vs Fox - Both lose
vs Falco - Both lose
vs Marth - Both win
vs Icies - Falcon wins, Sheik loses
vs Jiggs - Both win.
vs each other - Supposedly Sheik wins.

imo, Sheik loses worse to spacies then Falcon does. Falcon can out dashdance Fox and get low % kills much more consistently with knees then Sheik can with highly situational backthrows off the stage. They both have **** techchasing but imo Falcon's is better. vs Falco they both lose but if Falco messes up his lasers by a very small amount he eats a knee. Falcon also doesn't get shined for hitting Falco's shield the way Sheik does and CCing Falcon's attacks isn't super effective the way it is vs Sheik.

vs Marth I'd say Falcon wins more. He has simple, easy, consistent combos and easy edgeguarding. He also out dashdances Marth. Marth can CC Sheik's attacks into grab at low% and put her up on a platform for utilts or fsmash. On the case of FD he can do uthrow utilt tipper fair and then a long easy combo at low percents. Marth can't CG Falcon and Falcon can CC tech utilts until higher %s then Sheik can if he gets thrown on a platform.

vs Icies, Falcon wins and Sheik loses. No need to go into detail for that.

vs Jiggs, both win. idk by how much Sheik wins but as far as I know Sheik can't combo Jiggs that well and kills her at higher percents then Falcon kills her. If Jiggs misses rest she either eats a combo from Falcon or a Falcon Punch. Can Sheik do more then grab --> fair or charge dsmash or usmash if Jiggs misses rest?

vs each other Sheik wins supposedly. Can someone tell me why though? I can't see why in my head that Sheik camping would beat Falcon camping and I haven't done the matchup vs any good Sheik that camps.

Feel free to correct me if I made any mistakes.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah but Pakman, Eggm said Sheik vs Fox and Sheik vs Falco are even. It's not even at all and it is ludicrous to even suggest that.

Let's look at Sheik's matchups of good characters compared to Falcon's.
vs Fox - Both lose
vs Falco - Both lose
vs Marth - Both win
vs Icies - Falcon wins, Sheik loses
vs Jiggs - Both win.
vs each other - Supposedly Sheik wins.

imo, Sheik loses worse to spacies then Falcon does. Falcon can out dashdance Fox and get low % kills much more consistently with knees then Sheik can with highly situational backthrows off the stage. They both have **** techchasing but imo Falcon's is better. vs Falco they both lose but if Falco messes up his lasers by a very small amount he eats a knee. Falcon also doesn't get shined for hitting Falco's shield the way Sheik does and CCing Falcon's attacks isn't super effective the way it is vs Sheik.

vs Marth I'd say Falcon wins more. He has simple, easy, consistent combos and easy edgeguarding. He also out dashdances Marth. Marth can CC Sheik's attacks into grab at low% and put her up on a platform for utilts or fsmash. On the case of FD he can do uthrow utilt tipper fair and then a long easy combo at low percents. Marth can't CG Falcon and Falcon can CC tech utilts until higher %s then Sheik can if he gets thrown on a platform.

vs Icies, Falcon wins and Sheik loses. No need to go into detail for that.

vs Jiggs, both win. idk by how much Sheik wins but as far as I know Sheik can't combo Jiggs that well and kills her at higher percents then Falcon kills her. If Jiggs misses rest she either eats a combo from Falcon or a Falcon Punch. Can Sheik do more then grab --> fair or charge dsmash or usmash if Jiggs misses rest?

vs each other Sheik wins supposedly. Can someone tell me why though? I can't see why in my head that Sheik camping would beat Falcon camping and I haven't done the matchup vs any good Sheik that camps.

Feel free to correct me if I made any mistakes.

i never ever lose to falcons, its just because sheik outprioritizes EVERYTHING falcon has, and needles **** falcon, too. They make him approach her and she outprioritizes.

Also falcons tech is REALLY slow, and sheik has a great tech chasing game, so that helps

lastly, sheik can combo falcon really well whereas if sheik just DI's falcons combos she can get out of most everying just by holding away and jumping

sheiks who get combo'd across the stage by falcon just suck and are scared and hold up the whole time and DI in

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I feel like you can't look at it like a win/lose type thing. Like falcon has the advantage on marth, but it pretty close. Sheik's advantage is a little more IMO. For one reason, sheik can get back on the stage easier than falcon. Offensively falcon is probably a little better than sheik. Death combos and much more range off stage give falcon an edge. But defensively sheik definately has the advantage. Grab range, recovery, side stepping, are all in sheiks favor.

But that is a good response, i just didn't want this topic to be about sheik vs fox/falco is even rather than sheiks dominance/lack there of in melee. Like shiek ***** all the low tiers a lot more than falcon does.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
no **** u pacman, fox and falco both **** sheik, very few people have actually thought about it and managed to realize how to fight sheik in 7 years, dont ask me how

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
no **** u pacman, fox and falco both **** sheik, very few people have actually thought about it and managed to realize how to fight sheik in 7 years, dont ask me how
I just said the topic was getting off track. We are talking about sheik compared to all characters, not just fox and falco.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
THANK YOU PAKMAN!!!!

This is why tier list NEED to be match-up based. So stupid debates like this won't exist.

You can just look at the match-ups and say,"Hey this character does well vs the majority of the characters in the game. Sure they have a few bad match-ups, but overall they are solid."

END OF DISCUSSION!

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i never ever lose to falcons, its just because sheik outprioritizes EVERYTHING falcon has, and needles **** falcon, too. They make him approach her and she outprioritizes.

Also falcons tech is REALLY slow, and sheik has a great tech chasing game, so that helps

lastly, sheik can combo falcon really well whereas if sheik just DI's falcons combos she can get out of most everying just by holding away and jumping
Well, if Falcon just sits on the other side of the stage, is the only thing Sheik can do throw needles? I find needles are very easy to dodge if you're on the other side of the stage because you can react to them and jump on a platform. If it is the only thing that Sheik can do to make him approach then that isn't reason enough to make him approach her.

Right, I forgot that Falcon is easy as hell to techchase.

wtf, how does she combo him really well though? He dies off the top at higher percents then Fox and Falco plus he's heavier so he should be able to CC her attacks very high .

Let's do a Falcon vs Sheik MM for $1. I want to see how bad of a match this is myself.

Pakman said:
Like shiek ***** all the low tiers a lot more than falcon does.
Yeah but low tiers...are abysmally bad. It's not like Falcon loses to them either.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
spam, heavy chars are extremely easy to combo, and even if he CC's there is nothing he can do because if sheik spaces herself falcon can CC all he wants...he gets nothing.

but i would do the MM clearly. And also, needles are enough to make someone approach because if theyre losing its just extra damage. Additionally dont forget about aerial needles, theyre more useful anyway.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hey Inui, didn't my Marth go even with your Shiek in tourney last time we played in Melee even though I hadn't played in about 5 months?
I won that set on nothing but auto-pilot because I was playing Brawl all weekend.

lol, Inui you talk as if I'm not playing Brawl right now cause I just paused the game to type. Just because I choose my gf over half the friday night tournies doesn't mean I don't strive to win. It just means Rutgers is **** stupid for having tournies on Friday nights so I don't come half the time.

And if your resolve to win = picking DDD that's something I'll never ever do in this game so congratz if that helps you. I choose pride in the end and I'll stick with my character till I'll die. Actually, I'll just never play DDD cause he's the gayest character thus-far in the 64/Melee/Brawl universe. Plus he sounds stupid.
I play more than you and don't get tied up with other stuff.

I won at Rutgers with Marth, and Marth is who I will use against you.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You make alot of excuses.

It's kind of annoying. Then again I was glad to get 4th aand go even with Spam since I hadn't played Melee in 3 months.

It was a good day for me.

Oh, so you play the King of Justice Marth now?

Good ****.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Marth is allowed to actually do things and attack a bit in singles. Pit has to massively camp or lose, which is boring, so I only use him in teams.

Marth ftw.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
O n keit dont EVER justify missing a tourny for your girl. NO NEED AT ALL. Any virgin smasher who thinks smash wait wait wait wait...BRAWL is better than sex! Never ever ever speak to me again, and im not even kidding at all.

DAm i wish i had a picture of my face to post in this right now cuz im so not even kiddng.

Wtf Im serious DONT EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN!
IM REALLY NOT KIDDING

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
O n keit dont EVER justify missing a tourny for your girl. NO NEED AT ALL. Any virgin smasher who thinks smash wait wait wait wait...BRAWL is better than sex! Never ever ever speak to me again, and im not even kidding at all.

DAm i wish i had a picture of my face to post in this right now cuz im so not even kiddng.

IM REALLY NOT KIDDING
LOL!!!! Too good :laugh:

@ Slik: Good luck dude!!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord

IM REALLY NOT KIDDING
Except for the fact that your girl is going to be there the next day...the tourney, on the other hand..will not... *_*

And if your "girl" is actually a good gf she wouldn't mind you going to something that you think is fun...it's not like good tournaments are all over...they only come once in a blue.

So let me dumb that down for you.

Priority goes to the more rare event... in this case a big tournament vs. sex with a girlfriend that you probably see every other day. It may differ depending on your situation of course but in general I just wanted to point out the *********** in that post.

Keitaro

lol, also true but my girl and Eazy's girl don't mind us going to tournies, it's really just our choice to skip and I'm the one that usually does it. Friday night is THE NIGHT if you get what I mean so that's why I barely ever have attended any NYC weeklies. My situation is far different from Eazy's btw.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Except for the fact that your girl is going to be there the next day...the tourney, on the other hand..will not... *_*

And if your "girl" is actually a good gf she wouldn't mind you going to something that you think is fun...it's not like good tournaments are all over...they only come once in a blue.

So let me dumb that down for you.

Priority goes to the more rare event... in this case a big tournament vs. sex with a girlfriend that you probably see every other day. It may differ depending on your situation of course but in general I just wanted to point out the *********** in that post.
Did u just imply that MY post was ********?
I said SEX>SMASH. This does not mean that sex gets priority all of the time. But when Keitaro decides"Hey I want to chill with my girl tonight" he shouldn catch **** becuz of it.
No one said anything about gf's not wanting you to go to tournies blah blah blah blah blah, so shutup.
And if it has to go down that route, yes, I would probably have sex over playing smash 80 percent of the time:). And if anyone disagrees, I feel bad for u. You're most likely on top of some Tay Zonday lookin, flatchested, popbellied, stank breath, jelly sandal wearin hoochie who makes sex so unbearable that you'd rather play BRAWL instead of go for a round 2. Yes did u miss that part silven I give melee some credit, that **** has kept me from the pun a few times. BUT BRAWL!!! NEVER!!!!!!!
So let me rap that up fior YOU
Tournies are fine and dandy but u look like a homo when callin soneone out for spending time with their girl instead of attending one.
Never call my posts ******** because they never are.
Point blank, if there are 2 things a man can do, and sex is one, deep contemplation BETTER occur. If not, homo.

Im gonna be nice man, Go find yourself a willing girl, tap that, edit your insulting post, and I'll act like u never said anything 2 me...deal? iight kool

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I said SEX>SMASH. This does not mean that sex gets priority all of the time. But when Keitaro decides"Hey I want to chill with my girl tonight" he shouldn catch **** becuz of it.
No one said anything about gf's not wanting you to go to tournies blah blah blah blah blah, so shutup.
And if it has to go down that route, yes, I would probably have sex over playing smash 80 percent of the time:). And if anyone disagrees, I feel bad for u. You're most likely on top of some Tay Zonday lookin, flatchested, popbellied, stank breath, jelly sandal wearin hoochie who makes sex so unbearable that you'd rather play BRAWL instead of go for a round 2. Yes did u miss that part silven I give melee some credit, that **** has kept me from the pun a few times. BUT BRAWL!!! NEVER!!!!!!!
Tournies are fine and dandy but u look like a homo when callin soneone out for spending time with their girl instead of attending one.
Point blank, if there are 2 things a man can do, and sex is one, deep contemplation BETTER occur. If not, homo.

Im gonna be nice man, Go find yourself a willing girl, tap that, edit your insulting post, and I'll act like u never said anything 2 me...deal? iight kool
Good post, or w/e, but you need to black it up more! CMON

Keitaro

lol, Slik should of sigged some of this. Great stuff.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
But when Keitaro decides"Hey I want to chill with my girl tonight" he shouldn catch **** becuz of it.
Except with Keitaro, he constantly misses tournaments and more then that for his gf and yes, he should catch **** because of it. If I'm calling him on Tuesday and he says "Yeah, I'll make myself free on Thursday" then he bails on us for his gf, that's just messed up. I could understand if he played smash all the time or used to and wants to take a break from that. He doesn't, and then missing the one day or possibly two in a week where he can for his gf that he DOES hang out with for MUCH more then that amount of time is lame. I could easily understand if he only bailed on smash once a month or if he didn't spend much time with his gf but neither of those are the case.

Keitaro

Except with Keitaro, he constantly misses tournaments and more then that for his gf and yes, he should catch **** because of it. If I'm calling him on Tuesday and he says "Yeah, I'll make myself free on Thursday" then he bails on us for his gf, that's just messed up. I could understand if he played smash all the time or used to and wants to take a break from that. He doesn't, and then missing the one day or possibly two in a week where he can for his gf that he DOES hang out with for MUCH more then that amount of time is lame. I could easily understand if he only bailed on smash once a month or if he didn't spend much time with his gf but neither of those are the case.
To tell you the truth, I bailed on that one time because I originally was going to meet with my girl that day but while speaking to you I was going to cancel seeing her to play smash. Then after speaking to you I thought that was a bad thing to do so I went back to her.

I should have never said yes to you in the first place since I already had something planned but.....your voice is sooo cute when you ask for stuff "super no-homo" :laugh:

You're like that cute little teddy bear that says "love me long time". You just can't say no even if your the same sex!!

This is Spam:

Now I dare someone to scold that kitty!!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Why not just take your gf to the tourney and have every guy drool over and make her feel sexy.

Then when she gets home she is all horny for you and **** near breaks your **** in two, she rides it so ****ing hard.

It worked for me with my ex when were together.

LOL.

Also Marth is amazing in Brawl. Just not quite as amazing as Snake.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Why not just take your gf to the tourney and have every guy drool over and make her feel sexy.

Then when she gets home she is all horny for you and **** near breaks your **** in two, she rides it so ****ing hard.

It worked for me with my ex when were together.

LOL.
your ex sounds like a pretty rough dude.

SEE WHAT I DID THAR? LULZ

pockyD

Smash Legend
...yeah

i don't get why you're criticizing someone for not smashing as much as you do... everyone plays different amounts because everyone enjoys playing smash to a varying degree

if there's something he would 'rather' be doing, so be it; he doesn't have to justify it, nor do need to understand the reason that he 'likes' it; as a friend, you should just realize that he's doing what makes him happy and be happy for him

i always thought this was all a joke thing (yknow 'omg ur seeing ur gf again? WTSHSHSHHH' *cracks whip*) but now i think you're being serious, and that's absolutely stupid

even if he was skipping smash to eat cheerios for 6 hours straight, so be it. smash is part of your life, not the other way around

dmbrandon

Smash Master
What he is saying is that he makes plans to go to a tourn, or even to a friend's house to play, then ditches them.

It's not the smash they care about, it's the loyalty.

Personally, Keitaro and his chancecube falco can gdiaf.

Keitaro

Yeah, I did that once and I'm sorry for that. Spam really does look like that cat at times and it overwhelmed my decisions.

All other times I clearly mention whether I'm coming to a tourney or not.

Anytime I say I'm leaving early it was planned days ago so people saying "no Keitaro, see your gf tomorrow" doesn't work the day of cause I already told her I'm seeing her and I'm not canceling on her.

Just like my gf was thinking about going to the RU fest with me. I told her "no, I'm going to a tournament this Friday, sorry" and she was cool with it. She gotta stuff for stuff anyway.

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
The power of pu.ssy surpasses anything on the planet. One can promise something one day but flash woman parts in a man's face and he will betray your ***.

Anyone see the movie 300? That hunched back, diseased bastar.d, b etrayed the entire Spartan army for p.ussy.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
No its not the loyalty that people are upset about. They get upset because something THEY WANT isnt going there way. Spam isnt upset cuz keit isnt there 2 hang out, its usually a more selfish reason to why him or anyone else is upset.

Get lives outside of smash people damit

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
So, it isn't the abominal pu.ssy factor? In reality, it is the selfish seeds of the wong tong demon?

Top Bottom