• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I'm glad that Brawl is spurring a lot of activity for you guys. I'm not as passionate about the competitive scene in regards to it - in fact, from the beginning, I've pretty much wanted to play Brawl casually and didn't care much about how tournaments would revolve around it. Aside from that fact, TSA should dominate the Brawl scene when it comes out. You have my stamp of approval. :bee:

I'm also mad good at Bleach DS, yo. Let's play some games and ****. Emblem Lord, I'm coming over tomorrow and bringing it. You best have gotten better from the last *** ****** I gave you so I can have some good competition.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
**** this game lol.... im playin maplestory until starcraft comes out lol.. unless i can combo in brawl somehow im not gonna hav that much fun.... i dont care how slow it is.. as long as i can combo im satisfied... o well i heard alot of microsoft games are gonna start being on nintendo systems.. like viva pinata is comin out for ds and there are screenshots of halo coming out for the ds

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/874/874110/imgs_1.html

i heard they might start workin on it again
i play maple story a lot, what server r u on?

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
We play on Windia.

So I'm going to Emblem Lord's job tomorrow after class to be sure that he's there and he's not lying to me. Copycat will probably come as well. If he is, we'll bug him about fish.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
LOL!

Got work tommorrow buddy.

Sorry.

Check this link for high grav matches.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143109

Ya as I predicted it will be like H3...customization will make the game play the way WE want it to. This will probably split the community but we shall see.

If you do not know the story of Halo 3 I'll explain.

When Halo 3 came out the game, according to many, was a lot slower and much of the engine was modified. Recharge speed was altered to be faster, the Melee was changed and became broken and all based on hit points, ( a bug that is now being fixed ), the over shield was charged into one extra bar of health and reclining. and to be honest it was a little sluggish for me.

Enter MLG, Forge, and the customization of items. The overshield was redesigned to feel more like H1/H2, Maps were altered so that the weapon spawns and player spawns were balanced. Most importantly, however, was the speed/recharge speed. Speed was set to 110% and recharge was set to 90% making for MLG an environment that was more in tune with H1/H2 then H3 was at that point.

So you see this could make things a lot more interesting for brawl. People argue its a different game and not melee...my arguement is that some games need customizing to make everything work better. ST is on Turbo 3 competitively, MVC2 turbo 1, and even halo at 110% speed.

Just some food for thought:)

Scar

#HarveyDent
Honestly, my only hope for brawl is that Nintendo is mindgaming us really hard and has leaked a fake version of the game over here to punish people who are trying to get their hands on the game early. It would be such an epic mindgame...

So I'm sticking to that, Brawl isn't out yet folks :p.
lol <3 you and your crazy ideas.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well, the people testing high gravity said it was unfit for play since it screwed up characters recoveries, but we will see what happens.

Plus I don't think you can adjust hit stun or knockback which is the bigeest issue with Brawl, since it limits combos.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmm, another thing people were doing was setting the damage ratio to 1.1 so people died sooner and didn't last till like 150.

With 1.1 people died around 100.

So high gravity plus 1.1 damage output might become the competitive standard.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I can see what your saying EL. I haven't seen how bad it messes up recoveries but at this point like you said we will have to see. I just think people are not giving everything a change.

A great man once said that the world is looking through a rear view mirror. Constantly begging for the past so that they can have some understanding and not feel alone and lost. Same case in competitive play.

Then again another great man said things will and always do change.

IDC I just wanna play and test it all out and see how it goes.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hmm, another thing people were doing was setting the damage ratio to 1.1 so people died sooner and didn't last till like 150.

Are you on that DC++ thing right now?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Once again guys i need a partner for the tourney Sat its brawl/melee so if people are coming let me know

mindlesstom

Smash Cadet
This is a big reason for why I think Brandon is so "pro-competitive Brawl." He and a bunch of other random Melee scrubs are finally winning at something and winning translates into "this game is fun." This is a natural human response and I'm not saying that I even disagree with him, I just hate how IMO this is, again, delusional. It's like he's trying to tell me the game can be more competitive than Melee but I know what he's really saying is that he enjoys winning in Brawl.

For me, I can't nair>nair>uair>knee (or even knee for that matter) which translates into "I hate this ****ing game." And I mean, come on. Brawl is so much more restricting than Melee. No comparison. You can do SO much more in Melee than you can at this point in Brawl, especially in terms of movement, and especially on the ground, and especially in terms of approaches. No air approach FTL.
Random melee scrubs? Mind you, I'm decent, still. Not to mention I've been pro in a lot of games. I play competitive in over 10 games.

I love fighting games, me winning at brawl has nothing to do with it.

Edit: erm, this is diem! :D

Ken34

Smash Journeyman

why is this happening? cant we just take brawl as a new game and play it that way? if people want a fast paced game that has a majority of the fight going on in the air, go play melee...:(

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ken64: You said that if brawl is like CvS2 where you are patient but then get a hit in you can unleash a nasty crazy *** combo you would be excited for Brawl right?

Let me say this.

Brawl isn't like that. You get no reward for having good spacing and patience. You get 2 or 3 hits if you are lucky. Combos are appealing in all fighting games and they are pivotal in racking up damage, especially in a game where you can't really kill till very high percents.

But in Brawl, you just can't do combos like that.

So I don't blame these people for experimenting with hi grav. Hey, you asked why is this happening and I answered. Make of it what you will I guess.

I still like Brawl though and I will play it competitively.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Ken64: You said that if brawl is like CvS2 where you are patient but then get a hit in you can unleash a nasty crazy *** combo you would be excited for Brawl right?

Let me say this.

Brawl isn't like that. You get no reward for having good spacing and patience. You get 2 or 3 hits if you are lucky. Combos are appealing in all fighting games and they are pivotal in racking up damage, especially in a game where you can't really kill till very high percents.

But in Brawl, you just can't do combos like that.

So I don't blame these people for experimenting with hi grav. Hey, you asked why is this happening and I answered. Make of it what you will I guess.

I still like Brawl though and I will play it competitively.
hmm, I guess i can understand why they would mess with the settings, but there is no doubt in my mind that eventually reward filled combos will be found, it just takes time. im just excited to see how this game will evolve over the years, seeing as how i wasnt around in the smash community when melee came out.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
BTW, we don't need to modify the damage settings. I don't know how you guys are taking so long with matches, but me vs Ryoko and me vs M2K averaged around 4 and a half minutes with 4 stock in varying matches (Ike vs Marth, Ike vs Sheik/Zelda, Marth ditto's, Pit vs Marth, Pit vs Sheik/Zelda, Marth vs Sheik/Zelda, Marth vs Peach, Ike vs Peach, and other random stuff).

Scar

#HarveyDent
I really wanted to, I was going to go with Jason but at this point it's probably far too expensive. If I could have gotten plane tix earlier in life then I really would have loved to. Oh well.

BTW TSA, as Spam said, I released my combo video today. I'd love to hear all of your feedback. IKM's official Smashboards thread (lol) is in my sig in case you don't have a YouTube account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8rQ_0zNIg

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
2/18/08 - He's actually been with us for awhile, but I want to introduce Classic Yayo into the crew! Let's all give him a hearty and sexy welcome!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Sexy's my favorite word!! Just look at the title I been had under my username, shoot!

If Yayo joining is the reason for us being temporarily sexy than I'm happy he did even before meeting him.

Scar

#HarveyDent
p.s. Marcel if you want to join in, I'm having an all-out war with Inui, Spam, and DMBrandon in the Tunes thread about Brawl. I feel like a *****, every post I've made in the past like day has been me yelling at someone.

How's it going everyone? This is me being laid back and chill.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
p.s. Marcel if you want to join in, I'm having an all-out war with Inui, Spam, and DMBrandon in the Tunes thread about Brawl. I feel like a *****, every post I've made in the past like day has been me yelling at someone.

How's it going everyone? This is me being laid back and chill.
How dare you lump me in with Inui? </3 And I prefer to think of it as a debate.

Top Bottom