• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Simian Oath" a Diddy Compilation | High Quality DL | A mirror would be cool :P

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Vyse & The Diddy Boards would like to present:

The Simian Oath
http://rapidshare.com/files/248745844/The_Simian_Oath_HQ.zip.html

Mistakes: In the Midwest intro, I put down Sauce Boss as Atlantic North, then made the bottom right square say 'Atlantic North' lololol.

I really really really really need someone to re-upload this for me, because only ten people can download it :(

Well aparently that's a lie since more than that number have downloaded it.
Ah well, we'll see what happens I guess.

I'll format this nicely later with more details.

- It's about 137mb in size
- Diddy's representing everywhere in North America and the world.
- It's 20 minutes long

As an aside, a lot of the videos in this compilation are ancient, and not representative of the skills of its players today. It's a video that should have been finished last year.

Old Trailers:

>> The Simian Oath [Trailer] <<

>> ???? <<

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Please discuss the contents of the following (Diddy Kong related) video.

>> ???? <<
I actually had to question whether or not someone had hacked your account and posted something ******** for about 30 seconds. =) My favorite part was actually the introductory portion with all our avatars...very sexy. Thanks for being so aggressive about getting this community combo video off the ground.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Oh wow that's awesome ^^ I'd love to contribute, but I can only record with (really) bad quality. (I'm also not sure if I even have combo-video material videos ^^')

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Good Stuff man. I was considering to use that Family Guy clip in my next combo video, but now that it has been used I guess my mind is made up :) And I have to agree with Let Thien, the avatar section was smexy. Who were those two combo's from?

-advent-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The avatar section is my favorite part too :p
And those two combo clips are courtesy of Le_THieN.

And lol, sorry Advent >.< I wasted such a good clip on the trailer.

Okay here's the deal guys

It isn't necessary for you guys to do any recording of your own at all! All you need to do is save same ownage replays to your Wii and then send them to me. Let me break it down for you.

Step 1: Save some monkey ownage
Easy no? :laugh: Record a few replays that go for three minutes or less and save them to your Wii

Step 2: Get an SD card and some way to read SD cards on your computer

Here's the tricky part. What I then need you guys to do is to save those replays to an SD card and then transfer them to your computer. If you computer doesn't have a way to read SD cards, either find one that does, buy an SD card reader, or get a hold of something that can be connected to your computer that uses SD cards. This can be something like a digital camera (Which is what I use) or a phone.

Step 3: Transfer the Replay files from the SD card to your computer
This is reasonably easy. Tucked away inside the folder structure created when Brawl saves replays to your SD card are what is known as '.bin' files. These files ending in .bin are what I need you guys to send to me.

Step 4: Send those replay files to me!

Now that you've got the Replay files off the SD card, all you need to do is email them to me.
My email is vyseniseal@gmail.com

Alternatively, you can upload them to a file hosting service, but I think emailing is easiest.

Q&A:

I don't have an SD card, what do I do?
In that case, we'll have to exchange Wii numbers and Brawl FC's so that you can send the replay files to me. It's not too difficult to set up, but it's a real pain in the rear trying to find a time when we can be online at the same time. >.>

I don't have Brawl Wifi access either!
Well **** son, what am I going to do? The only option available to you at this point is to record the footage yourself and upload it somewhere. I really don't want to resort to youtube videos because they're generally low quality, and I want this to be as uber quality as possible. So if you're going to record your own videos, they better be good quality :)

So what you're saying is, you're going to record all this?
Why yes! Yes I am. I've got an uber RCA usb capture device which allows me to directly record the screen of my TV.

I don't think I'm very good : /
I don't care, nobody cares. If people say 'Man NinjaLink is too good, but vyse was pretty lame' I say 'stfu, at least I'm putting my vids out there'. We really do want everybody to contribute. I don't care if you've only been playing this game for a month!

Come on guys, let's make this happen!​

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol okay so I need to get some combos done... and then send the replay to you. (Don't worry, I'm online most of the time so this shouldn't be a problem ^^)

DUB

Smash Lord
Yeah I got a lot of stuff I could send. Your saying if I take the SD card in my Wii and use it with a camera it should upload?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah I got a lot of stuff I could send. Your saying if I take the SD card in my Wii and use it with a camera it should upload?
Basically you put the SD card into your camera, and then copy the files off of it the same way you would copy photos off of it.

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
I will absolutely be sending you videos. This sounds realy cool. I hope the video is long enough to support everyones parts. I wouldnt care if the video was a half hour long or 20 mins or so. It would be the most epic combo vid ever in history.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
lol wait till I can get some videos of me. 2 days back and I'm doing some sick **** lol. This is against 2 of the best players in GA too.

The avatar section is my favorite part too :p
And those two combo clips are courtesy of Le_THieN.

And lol, sorry Advent >.< I wasted such a good clip on the trailer.

Okay here's the deal guys

It isn't necessary for you guys to do any recording of your own at all! All you need to do is save same ownage replays to your Wii and then send them to me. Let me break it down for you.

Step 1: Save some monkey ownage
Easy no? :laugh: Record a few replays that go for three minutes or less and save them to your Wii

Step 2: Get an SD card and some way to read SD cards on your computer

Here's the tricky part. What I then need you guys to do is to save those replays to an SD card and then transfer them to your computer. If you computer doesn't have a way to read SD cards, either find one that does, buy an SD card reader, or get a hold of something that can be connected to your computer that uses SD cards. This can be something like a digital camera (Which is what I use) or a phone.

Step 3: Transfer the Replay files from the SD card to your computer
This is reasonably easy. Tucked away inside the folder structure created when Brawl saves replays to your SD card are what is known as '.bin' files. These files ending in .bin are what I need you guys to send to me.

Step 4: Send those replay files to me!

Now that you've got the Replay files off the SD card, all you need to do is email them to me.
My email is vyseniseal@gmail.com

Alternatively, you can upload them to a file hosting service, but I think emailing is easiest.

Q&A:

I don't have an SD card, what do I do?
In that case, we'll have to exchange Wii numbers and Brawl FC's so that you can send the replay files to me. It's not too difficult to set up, but it's a real pain in the rear trying to find a time when we can be online at the same time. >.>

I don't have Brawl Wifi access either!
Well **** son, what am I going to do? The only option available to you at this point is to record the footage yourself and upload it somewhere. I really don't want to resort to youtube videos because they're generally low quality, and I want this to be as uber quality as possible. So if you're going to record your own videos, they better be good quality :)

So what you're saying is, you're going to record all this?
Why yes! Yes I am. I've got an uber RCA usb capture device which allows me to directly record the screen of my TV.

I don't think I'm very good : /
I don't care, nobody cares. If people say 'Man NinjaLink is too good, but vyse was pretty lame' I say 'stfu, at least I'm putting my vids out there'. We really do want everybody to contribute. I don't care if you've only been playing this game for a month!

Come on guys, let's make this happen!​

What's an SD card and how to I save replays to it? I have 2 good replays at the place we play tournaments, so teach me how to save reps to an SD card.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm in if you can read data from pal versions (and of course if i can kick as*** soon "^^)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
What's an SD card and how to I save replays to it? I have 2 good replays at the place we play tournaments, so teach me how to save reps to an SD card.
An SD card is a memory card that's normally used in devices like Digital Cameras to save data to (In the camera's case, photos). If you open the small front panel (Where the button for syncing wiimotes is) you'll find a slot where an SD card slots right in.

Once the SD card is in, it's merely a matter of going to the vault menu and checking out your replays. It should give you the option of moving a replay to SD card.

That video made me cry tears of happiness. *wipes eye with tissue*
Manly manly tears.

I'm in if you can read data from pal versions (and of course if i can kick as*** soon "^^)
It doesn't matter what version of the game you have. I have a PAL wii too (Australian remember :laugh:) and have replays from Le_THieN and Advent.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
hmm cool so all you need is those .bin files? I can do that I guess and I actually have some good ones.

spike to cypher grab on snake any1?

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
An SD card is a memory card that's normally used in devices like Digital Cameras to save data to (In the camera's case, photos). If you open the small front panel (Where the button for syncing wiimotes is) you'll find a slot where an SD card slots right in.

Once the SD card is in, it's merely a matter of going to the vault menu and checking out your replays. It should give you the option of moving a replay to SD card.

Manly manly tears.

It doesn't matter what version of the game you have. I have a PAL wii too (Australian remember :laugh:) and have replays from Le_THieN and Advent.
Okay, what would you recommend for memory?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You don't need anything very big in size. The replay files are only like, 40-50kb in size.
So you could probably get away with the smallest you can find.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
awww man im not inlcuded. Wish there was a way to contribute something to the video.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
dang i'm imagining there's gonna be a BUNCH of people emailing you their vids, vice. I'm assuming that a huge reason why people don't put up their videos (including me) is because they're to lazy to do it themselves, so it sounds like it could be a lot of work for you to do it for everyone. Thanks a lot

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
You should have enough footage of me, but if you want more I have some REALLY SICK combo's that I was saving for my second combo video. Dont worry though because I have over like 50 videos, each one with at least one good combo in them, so its no biggy if you need more footage :) then again I guess it would be better to have more variety and have different people in the videos instead of the same ones. It is a community video after all :p

Vyse is To0o good for doing the major work of this

-advent-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've always wanted to make combo videos. DBR, Masterwumpus, Kizzu-kun are all inspirations and incited inspiration in the many people that have watched and loved their combo videos.

Shined Blind was the first combo video I ever watched.

Diddy Kong is by and large the best combo oriented character in Brawl and we need to show it to people in a big way.

I might take you up on the offer of a few more vids from you advent, but we'll wait til it's really necessary.

Right now we need to think about how long this video will run for and choice of song for it. Also presentation format, etc.

I was thinking about grouping players by continent. I dunno.
If I go 'Australasia' I'll be using Gano in my group lolz.

Otherwise, I think if we all get into teams of say, 5, and came up with a song for each team, then we'd be able to get somehwere.

I'm looking at using an instrumental piece for me though, just a warning. : P

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
As long as the music is diverse then im kool. Take my combo video for example, the music I used was really diverse Trance/techno, Rock, Rap, and Pop. I think the regional Idea is good, but for the U.S. we could split it up into West, Midwest, and East.

P.S. Shined Blind was the first combo video I ever saw too. To me it was amazing, I was such a noob back then lolz.

-advent-

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Ill get some footage of me, My friend has a great recording device so the vids I can send you will be high quality.

Top Bottom