• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The [Shocking] Official R.O.B. Video Critique Thread

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Crews is so freaking good at Z-airing your *** the entire match. I almost cried at how frustrating that was.

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
My critiques (including CJT, sorry) are gonna be delayed until after Thursday. I've got exams until that night, so unless I need a break, I'll be at a library or studying in a lounge.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Don't play Wifi then. Supper easy to powershield offline.
Quoted for truth. Supper is ridiculously easy to powershield offline. It's lunch that you wanna watch out for.

But regarding zair, its ridiculous online. I wouldnt reccomend playing Samus with ROB online. Actually, I wouldnt reccomend playing ROB online in general.

My critiques (including CJT, sorry) are gonna be delayed until after Thursday. I've got exams until that night, so unless I need a break, I'll be at a library or studying in a lounge.
No problem. In that case, I'm gonna upload some Olimar and MK matches, because I have much more trouble with those matchups.

Sudai

Stuff here
It's a -lot- easier to handle offline. Like..not even funny. Powershield the ZAir and then read the follow-up. They have three options, shield, spot-dodge, and do some kind of attack follow-up. If they attack again just powershield that too.

I'd also advocate not playing ROB online. It makes it **** near impossible to aim lasers and gyros.. :/

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
It's a -lot- easier to handle offline. Like..not even funny. Powershield the ZAir and then read the follow-up. They have three options, shield, spot-dodge, and do some kind of attack follow-up. If they attack again just powershield that too.

I'd also advocate not playing ROB online. It makes it **** near impossible to aim lasers and gyros.. :/
Plus, the lag makes ROB's nair much harder to kill with.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

I don't take wifi too seriously. I just go on wifi to learn a general feel for the matchups. I take my serious matches for offline and i1337 if he's online.

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
Sosa(Rob) vs Josuke(Sonic) RATE PLEASE!!

Hello im a mexican smashers since Melee and now im also playing brawl maining ROB so my friend Josuke upload some recent matches from our mains. so please give me some advice to get better.

Josuke(Sonic) vs Sosa(Rob) R-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WcMSugJRcA&feature=channel_page

Josuke(Sonic) vs Sosa(Rob) R-2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdxnpNgPbM0&feature=channel_page

Josuke(Sonic) vs Sosa(Rob) R-3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI29UuV7zgw&feature=channel_page

Josuke(Sonic) vs Sosa(Rob) R-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XcGNLS3Sd0&feature=channel_page

Josuke(Sonic) vs Sosa(Rob) R-5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW1t62sIKgA&feature=channel_page

Josuke(Sonic) vs Sosa(Rob) R-6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdoMG2aXFs&feature=channel_page

Thanks for all your opinions and advices.. seeyA!.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Man, ROB is like my worst matchup I have no idea what that dude can do >_>

lol, ggs though :p we'll have to play more next time I'm down south.

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
thanks Nintendevil i would put that on real match pratice to get use to it.

i would also need more help in some specific moments vs certian oponents to get managed.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
It's not that bad (I've seen a LOT worse *cringes*)

>_>
<_<

You should just put it in your sig or something instead of typing it every time.

Has anyone ever noticed that when some new guy wants his ROB rated, his friend mains Sonic???

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
Nintendevil said:
Has anyone ever noticed that when some new guy wants his ROB rated, his friend mains Sonic???
LoL hahaha.. it seems that every Rob needs a sonic to start in XD.

about my english stuff.. i would made a signature XD.. MA ENGLASH IS BAAAD!

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
That Lucario knows the ROB matchup by heart, and is very good. :p I should know. I play him all the time. We're pals.

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
Sorry about the HUGE delay on everything.

Things are going to die down after today... then start back up for finals in a week or so >.< .... =D.

Anyway, I'll be back to critiquing after classes today.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Sorry about the HUGE delay on everything.

Things are going to die down after today... then start back up for finals in a week or so >.< .... =D.

Anyway, I'll be back to critiquing after classes today.
Awesome!
Also random thought
CCS is amazing
^_^

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
Hey Shockdrake here are the vids I want you to review, just in case you missed them in my edit.
Metaknight
Olimar

Thanks much.
MK

Predictable roll at 3:41.. again in the 2nd match at 4:56. When you trip, roll the other way or just mix it up. Everyone rolls away. Opponents' options after tripping from an MK dtilt are extremely readable. He also has no lag after using it.

You tend to ledgehop an fair and then dsmash when you're back on stage. The only reason it worked 2-3 times here is because the MK tried to shieldgrab. If he just responded with an UpB the moment he saw you vulnerable, you'd have an incredibly tough time doing anything. He can dtilt you if you stay on the ledge, he can UpB OOS if you do anything that you won't be invincible with (ie. airdodge). And the other option, he can hop back with you and space an fair, which I believe outranges your fair. SH back covers a ton of your options. If you ledgehop and projectile, he can AD back to the ground. Anything moving forward gets fair'd. Anything ledgeattack will miss because he SH'd. Anything ledgehop AD will get hit upon landing.

You almost always ledgehop an fair, actually. It looks like you're using it as a spacing tool because of the extended hitbox. I don't have much of a better recommendation though. Nair can be just as bad because MK can still just walk out of range and hit you in lag. If the MK in your matchup were more wary about your ledge options, you would have racked up insane % just trying to get back on stage.

Good spacing with your fsmashes. Very nice use of Z-drop.

You tend to commit to a laser>gyro>laser or gyro>laser>gyro combo. If he shields the 2nd one or spotdodges it, I see you trying to use the 3rd one even though you don't have enough time to get it out. I don't have a timestamp, but I saw it in the first video with MK.

Do you double stick DI? I don't see you getting out of MK's side B very much, if at all. Usually, that's one of the times you have a chance to land an fsmash kill.

You use laser in semi-close range quite a bit. It's not common, but it looks useful. If they get hit, they get hit. If they run in, they might get hit by the close-range hitbox. The problem is, if they shield, you get punished from your lag almost definitely. It looks like you're hoping they won't expect it due to your close range. You also use it when MK is rushing you. Be aware that when ANY opponent rushes you, he's ready to pull out a shield or a spotdodge if he sees anything, because most character's options are severely limited in a dash. At 5:57, he spotdodged through your laser and hit you. After you got knocked onto the ledge, you did a semi-unsafe ledgejump fair.

You fsmash a lot instead of ftilting when he's in range. Example at 6:48. You charge the fsmash and depend on its range and his not expecting it. You land kills, which is good, but ftilt is a guaranteed hit and safe upon shield at the right distances. He can just wait when he sees an fsmash and then SH an fair. He can shield it or SHAD it the moment he sees you charging and he's out of range standing still.

You also tend to start charging an fsmash when he dashes at you. He can just stop or time a shield and punish. He didn't most of the time though. Fsmash has deceptive range.

6:55 another ledgehop fair. I'm not making note of this saying it's bad. But you do it a LOT, and it's not always working. Maybe you can ledgehop in place and fair/retreat an fair depending on his reaction?

7:05 bair'ing to hit a retreating opponent after respawn. Almost all the high level players never roll behind a respawned opponent. Suggestion: If he went ledge, try to dash and corner him there, cancel your dash with a shield. If he did roll behind, you can do whatever. If he stayed, you can try your ftilt or jab>dtilt groundgame stuff. If he jumped, you can chase with an uair. Doesn't always work if the opponent is smart and hugs or jumps offstage. If he jumps offstage, you can laser though.

Nice gyro catch at 7:10.

At 8:23, when he was charging his fsmash, land with an nair instead of an fair. You can do whatever after the nair autocancels and you can follow up with whatever after you land. Nair would have given you more room to work with because of its superior range.

MK's doing the right thing at 8:50 ledgeguarding in that way. There's not much you can do about it, so there's not much I can say. If MK is really good at it, you don't have much choice but to recover high, and if he's good at reading your AD's, you won't get back to the ground.

I see you AD'ing into him when he does that. If you're going to AD and he doesn't look like he's going to SH, ledgehop toward him, but then retreat and AD. It may work sometimes, although if I were MK and saw you do that, I would space an ftilt, which you would shield and get probably knocked offstage by due to the pushback.

Olimar later.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Wow. Excellent critique. Thank you very much, Shockdrake.

MK

Predictable roll at 3:41.. again in the 2nd match at 4:56. When you trip, roll the other way or just mix it up. Everyone rolls away. Opponents' options after tripping from an MK dtilt are extremely readable. He also has no lag after using it.
yeah... Thats my fault for not learning from that mistake the millions of times Ive made it.

He can dtilt you if you stay on the ledge, he can UpB OOS if you do anything that you won't be invincible with (ie. airdodge). And the other option, he can hop back with you and space an fair, which I believe outranges your fair. SH back covers a ton of your options. If you ledgehop and projectile, he can AD back to the ground. Anything moving forward gets fair'd. Anything ledgeattack will miss because he SH'd. Anything ledgehop AD will get hit upon landing.
I'm going to have to show my friend this critique so he can start doing this. I'll regret it, but I guess it is important that I learn what MK is fully capable of.

You almost always ledgehop an fair, actually. It looks like you're using it as a spacing tool because of the extended hitbox. I don't have much of a better recommendation though. Nair can be just as bad because MK can still just walk out of range and hit you in lag. If the MK in your matchup were more wary about your ledge options, you would have racked up insane % just trying to get back on stage.
Gulp.
Good spacing with your fsmashes. Very nice use of Z-drop.
Thanks. Nothing feels better than f-smashing a MK out of his whorenado.

You tend to commit to a laser>gyro>laser or gyro>laser>gyro combo. If he shields the 2nd one or spotdodges it, I see you trying to use the 3rd one even though you don't have enough time to get it out. I don't have a timestamp, but I saw it in the first video with MK.
Good catch. It seems that once I start, I'm kind of on autopilot or something. I mean, I've done that mid-match before, saw him approach to the point where he is too close, and I thought "Oh no, he's too close!", but I would still continue. I gotta break this habit.

Do you double stick DI? I don't see you getting out of MK's side B very much, if at all. Usually, that's one of the times you have a chance to land an fsmash kill.
I don't double stick. Does it make that much of a difference? I find when I use C-stick for SDI, I sometimes mistime it and wind up using a bair, whose startup frames cause me to get hit again. If it makes that much of a difference, I'll start learning double-stick.

You use laser in semi-close range quite a bit. It's not common, but it looks useful. If they get hit, they get hit. If they run in, they might get hit by the close-range hitbox. The problem is, if they shield, you get punished from your lag almost definitely. It looks like you're hoping they won't expect it due to your close range.
Right on the money. I'll be more careful from now on.

You fsmash a lot instead of ftilting when he's in range. Example at 6:48. You charge the fsmash and depend on its range and his not expecting it.
A good half of them are attempts at f-tilts that become f-smashes because of my lack of tech skill. I just feel like the window for when you tilt forward and when you hit A is wierd.

6:55 another ledgehop fair. I'm not making note of this saying it's bad. But you do it a LOT, and it's not always working. Maybe you can ledgehop in place and fair/retreat an fair depending on his reaction?
Definitely worth a shot.

7:05 bair'ing to hit a retreating opponent after respawn. Almost all the high level players never roll behind a respawned opponent. Suggestion: If he went ledge, try to dash and corner him there, cancel your dash with a shield. If he did roll behind, you can do whatever. If he stayed, you can try your ftilt or jab>dtilt groundgame stuff. If he jumped, you can chase with an uair. Doesn't always work if the opponent is smart and hugs or jumps offstage. If he jumps offstage, you can laser though.
That actually sounds really good. I'll have to try that. This reminds me that I tend to have trouble with not getting killed during my opponents respawn.
Nice gyro catch at 7:10.
Definitely intentional.
;)

MK's doing the right thing at 8:50 ledgeguarding in that way. There's not much you can do about it, so there's not much I can say. If MK is really good at it, you don't have much choice but to recover high, and if he's good at reading your AD's, you won't get back to the ground.
Wow. That's cool.

I see you AD'ing into him when he does that. If you're going to AD and he doesn't look like he's going to SH, ledgehop toward him, but then retreat and AD. It may work sometimes, although if I were MK and saw you do that, I would space an ftilt, which you would shield and get probably knocked offstage by due to the pushback.
This matchup just keeps looking more and more possible. Imma friendly M2K a few times on Saturday though. We'll see how badly I get ***** that goes.

Olimar later.
Thanks again.

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
I don't double stick. Does it make that much of a difference? I find when I use C-stick for SDI, I sometimes mistime it and wind up using a bair, whose startup frames cause me to get hit again. If it makes that much of a difference, I'll start learning double-stick.
One tap on the cstick moves you insanely far. Have a Snake jab you and tap the cstick away on the first hit. You won't even take the second hit unless you were inside each other, which would be scary.

Olimar tonight.

GWJ tonight.

Deadweight tonight.

It's finally not busy. Although I should be studying for finals now that there's no hw.. lol...

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Shockdrake needs some kind of title or something so new people dont confuse him for a newb because of his misleadingly low post count...

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
Hey Shockdrake here are the vids I want you to review, just in case you missed them in my edit.
Metaknight
Olimar

Thanks much.
CJTHeroofTime -video-

Olimar

Within the first 8 seconds, you dash attacked the landing Olimar. I'm not sure about that, was that a real mistake or something I don't know? I'm not sure because it seems hard to do wrong buttons and come out with a mistake dash attack...

Anyway, jumping olimar = shield grab. Shield all the way through his multihit dair. Most olimars I know, if they dair you, they will follow up with a dsmash, anticipating your shield drop. If your olimar does this, shield through the dair and hold the shield for the smash, then grab or whatever you want.

I like your ftilt spam there. The olimar must not be too used to fighting ROBs. It only works for a while though while the olimar tries to beat your ground approach. Something to keep in mind if you do that though: If he throws pikmin at you while you're ftilt-approaching, IGNORE the pikmin. Focus on hitting "the main body". Some ROBs will ftilt the pikmin on instinct, and the resulting lag lets Olimar do stuff to you, or if he doesn't, he can throw more pikmin and rack up free damage.

You seem to be having trouble getting up from the ledge with the fsmash pikmin spam. Something you could try... Drop down and time a jump so that you can fair the next pikmin. After that smash is negated, UpB, and you're past the wall and free to land as if you were recovering from high.

I know you're trying to avoid the pikmin range of attack by doing full hop nairs, but if it's shielded... he can shieldgrab you. Especially at low percents, you can be comboed really well if you're grabbed. You're at high percent doing it at 1:42, so it's alright, kind of. He can dsmash out of shield and kill you, but I'm pretty sure you're going for the nair>dsmash if the nair doesn't connect. I've never used it much myself, so I'm not sure about how many frames there are in which the olimar can move. I see you doing nair>shield>dsmash though. That covers Olimar's first instinct. The only thing I can say then, is to try to land behind him if you try it. That way, you avoid a shieldgrab.

If you can't get past the fsmash ledgeguard wall too well, try not to recover low. You recovered very low at 1:52.

You still do the fair thing. It's really not bad. But you might want to ledgedrop and then hop in place with an fair. You can fit in a laser on the way down or retreat if you need to. It could have killed you at 3:15 if the Olimar reacted fast enough.

At 3:58: If you grab anyone near the ledge, punch them 'til they groundbreak and then dtilt them. They'll be knocked offstage if they're hit, and if they shield, it'll push them onto the ledge. You can throw too, but that puts the opponent up high. Gimps come when your opponents are down low, so when fighting gimpable characters like Snake, Olimar, or Marth, force groundbreak > dtilt poke offstage works really well.

At 4:04, you do the fair thing again. Olimar didn't do anything. In a similar way as MK, olimar can SH back and fair you. His pikmin is disjointed, and it will beat your fair. He could also have walked away and grabbed you as you landed. The fair in that situation is pretty dangerous. I'd rather you ledgehop in place with an fair to space, then UpB and recover with a nair (spaced if possible).

4:07: dangerously risky close-range laser.

4:11: utilt mistake = usmash right?

4:33: This Olimar doesn't know the amazingness of his pivot grab. You'll get grabbed like crazy if you try AD to ground games too often and the opponent knows how to pivot grab.

Marth can pivot grab Snake through his nair, although he will take some damage. Olimar has an insane grab too.

When you're recovering from high, against an Olimar, don't try to hit him with nair. You tried it at 4:48. Puff little bits of your UpB and try to land away from him. Nair is only really useful for recovering if you're just about to land or if they're to either side of you. If you're trying to use it to guard below you, the tiny hitbox below you will get you destroyed by Olimar's uair before you can hit him.

You don't walk very much. When an opponent gets close, you tend to spotdodge. If you just walk away from an approach, many times, you can get a free hit as their attack misses. This is especially useful with ROB because of the range of his ftilt. Walk away and punish with ftilt works many times and racks up damage.

I only watched the first match.

----------------------------------

GwJumpman -video-

Samus

When you dtilt, pay attention to the possibility of trip and prepare yourself to grab even before the dtilt comes out. A ton of ROBs see pros throw out two dtilts every so often, and they copy it without knowing why. I don't know if you know why or not... but dtilt is used for: 1) Fast safe-on-shield (if spaced) get-out-of-my-face move alternative to jab, which has crap range. 2) Trips. You can base an entire game around one trip. I covered this in another post somewhere, but when someone trips, they can only getup, getup attack, or roll in either direction. If you want to grab them before they do anything, that's a plus already right there. If you predict and hit them with a fully charged gyro or shield>regrab, that's even more of a plus. If you, however, cancel their trip with another dtilt, you gain... 3%?

This paragraph is a reaction to what happened at 0:42.

Full hop retreating gyro at 0:49 gives Samus a ton of space and you have to take time to get back on stage. What was the full hop for? Is that something about online button presses and you meant to SH?

Against falling Samuses, predict their downB. It seems to be second nature to them to fake you out with the pause and the bomb. If you jump a little higher than you need to and nair, you'll hit him with an upward-bound kill move while he's already high in the air. It won't work if he starts AD'ing more. Remember Samus doesn't like being above someone any more than you do. Both of your dairs suck.

Don't try to camp Samus. Whatever damage you rack up on her can be easily done to you in the same amount of time. The only thing Samus has on ROB in close range is her dtilt. Her utilt is insanely horrible, and her ftilt and jabs aren't too good either. Samus' game, like Z-suit's game, is about keeping you away and adding damage with projectiles (or pokes in zamus's case). Zamus's keepaway move is side-B. Samus's is her zair. But zair is predictable. There are only a handful of positions when she'll use it.

Something you may want to try. Samus likes to SH and zair on the way down. If you see her SH and you know she'll zair, run underneath her and do whatever you want. Her dair can't do anything to you. Her zair will miss. She can stall and fake out with downB, or she can do some other mediocre attack, but either way, she'll try to hit you with stupid stuff. Shield her stupid stuff and grab or dsmash. If you feel you can, you can even hyphen smash her.

I believe you can duck under her hopped Super missiles, example at 2:58. ROB doesn't get to duck much, but I believe he can duck this. Ducking lets you do a ton. For example, Marth can duck D3's waddledee at a certain distance away. He can dash and dancing blade into D3's lag. Peach and many others can duck Snake's forward thrown grenades. If you duck those super missiles, you eliminate the worry and you've reset the situation except you're closer (which is good) and there is no projectile in your way.

You throw some useless gyros. You threw one fully charged across the stage at 3:48. It's not really good to let one off from that distance. Fully charged gyro is more of a kill move at medium distance.

You keep rolling at her. I noticed it before, but it was really bad at 3:51. Never roll if you're going to end up in front of the opponent after the roll. That applies to almost every matchup. Happened again at 4:00.

I get the idea that you feel you just don't know what to do against Samus's projectile wall. You fully hopped an fair randomly at 4:02... haha..

Get in close as soon as possible. You keep trying to camp, and she's outcamping you. It's easier to fall into her slow-moving missiles than it is for her to fall into your laser. She can also shield pressure by zairing just as her missile hits for a double attack. Get in close = no projectiles. This is one match where you have to be as aggressive as possible.

The dair kill at 4:18 looked very lucky. I was surprised you didn't space an fair. It worked, but I don't think it'll work again, but you know that.

Good reacting to her position at 4:25. The fullhopped fair is pretty unreliable though. That didn't help your combo start at all. Why are you fullhop fair'ing so much?

Dash>shield seems like it will work on alot of what this Samus does. Example at 4:55. It looks like you rarely do that.

Don't go for the side-B reflection unless the missile is grounded. If it's slightly above ground-level missile height, you'll just take a headshot.

Did you try to do anything after the grab at 5:13? I don't know how fast her dtilt is, but your dtilt comes out on frame 3. That would have been your best option out of a groundbreak. It would have been better, however, to bthrow her in that situation. Dtilt trip game is useless at such high percents, and she needed some flinging offstage right then. She was 100%+.

Whether intentional or not, samus was smart to be behind you as you respawned. A lot of ROBs like to go for the bair, as you did, if the opponent went behind them. Bair will almost never hit, however, since they're trying very hard to avoid you in your invincibility. Bair spaces you away from her, and you waste invincibility time. When you respawn, especially against samus, ground yourself as soon as possible so you can dash and put pressure on her.

5:53: The run off and bair thing doesn't work on Samus. Her UpB will hit you out of it. It feels like you don't know the matchup very well so you're trying things that have worked before out.

You keep full-hop fair'ing. Why? The fair has zero chance to hit. The only thing I can think of is you're hoping to cancel a projectile and get closer, but if you try that, you'll usually eat the projectile because there are more than one (and zair) and you also end up exposing your underside as you land.

If you have trouble coming up from the ledge due to projectiles, know that she wants you to do some dodge so she can let loose a charge beam and hit you as you're vulnerable. I'd advise ledgehop AD (immediate ledgehop so you go higher) and then UpB, go up a bit, cancel UpB with fair and then try to recover from there.

Only watched the first match.

---------

Deadweight -video-

Lucario

A lot of ROBs laser at the beginning of the match. If someone has played against ROB before, they tend to prepare to shield. It's useless unless you know he won't expect it, which is almost never. Something I read that sounded better was: SH and release a gyro, or just gyro and let it out. The opponent jumps over it and you laser as you predict his jump. This doesn't work, however, if your opponent has a penchant for dashattacking the gyro to pick it up. I believe most uncertain players will jump over it. Well, it was worth putting out there. Personally, I like to SH slightly forward and start charging the gyro. They dance around and try to dodge, and I just let my gyro fully charge (or let it go if the time is right).

I like your ROB a lot. The fair > bairs are pretty effective against this lucario. Be careful though. Most characters can utilt out of shield and hit you before your bair comes out. Fair > bair seems to be more of a surprise thing for every so often. If your opponent doesn't get used to it though, it's pretty good. MK and peach can nair OOS it really easily. Hitboxes on frame 2.

If you knock a player offstage just a bit, they almost always use their 2nd jump and come back. Example at 3:55. If you know this, you can run towards them and then jump backwards and follow them down while staying out of range of their come-back move. You can then hit them with an fair or something when they lag.

This is something most ROB mains don't think about much, but you should get into your mind the possibility of jab canceling into a grab. With many characters, you can do really effective jab-cancelled grabs. Peach is a good example. Her slap has good range, she can grab well out of the opponent's slap hitstun. Snake can jab1 or jab12 cancel into a grab into a techchase game. ROB is left out mostly because of the horrible range of jab and grab. However, it's still very effective when the opponent is up really close. ROB uses jab as a get-out-of-my-face move, and there's equal probability of their being in your face and really in your face. If they happen to be really in your face, a jab that hits can be followed with a grab, and a jab that hits shield can too. This happened at 4:10. I don't think it's in your mind to jab cancel into a grab at all, so that's why I'm putting it out there.

Recover high against lucario. Not from below, and not from level height. From below, you have too much risk of dair. From level height, he can edgeguard a huge area of space with fsmash spam. A lot of times, you got lucky avoiding his dair (*cough* 1:58). You had to tank it most of the time though. It was a lot of not-worth-it damage in those times.

If you're on the ledge, and lucario is out of range of ledgeattack and charging/throwing stuff at you, try to recover high. Ledgedrop and hop as soon as possible, AD, then UpB and try to recover from there with fair and nair for space. You took way too many hits trying to recover directly from the ledge.

You should try some SH>falling uair chase>utilts when lucario is coming down from above. I think it might work. Not too sure though.

Try to be a bit more passive. You're really aggressive and it looks like you're used to combo'ing with things like fair with little resistance in a way. At 1:35, you threw lucario out, and then you went way too far in to try to fair chain him. By passive, I mean in that situation, SH back with him and stay out of his range as you fall and he fairs (he probably will). Then you can fair him.

You did pretty well. Not bad at all. Good match. I don't think I said too much, but there wasn't too much to say. You made the right choices most of the time, so I assume the few that weren't were just mistakes. If you want me to say more, tell me. I feel I didn't say too much this match.

I avoided the ROB ditto.

----

jjvirus -video-

Lucario

- Canceled -

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Thanks shockdrake ^__^
After watching the match I knew i needed to recover high vs lucario. Also I never even thought of Jab canceling into a grab ... Ill work on that.
Ill also work on being more passive off stage. I like the short hop back and wait for them to fair.
and lol at avoiding the ROB ditto XD

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
His medal shall be 'Best 09'er Smash Child Video Critiquer'.

Seriously though, good ****, very indepth. I was considering critiquing that Olimar match but it appears I'd be overshadowed.

Top Bottom