• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Shiny Hunting Thread

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No, see, there's a trick to it. Like in Red/Blue/Yellow you can actually get shinies; in order to activate them you teach Mewtwo Strength and push the truck out of the way by the S.S. Anne to get Mew. Once you get Mew through that method shinies will be activated!

10lolrumors

[/joke]
by 10lrumors you mean thats not true right? because the internet says theres like a 1 in a 850 or 8500 or something like that chance that you find one especially in s/r/e

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yes, classic Mew joke.

You can't actually get Mew by pushing the truck with Mewtwo's strength, much less activate shinies (they're only one color in that game anyways, it'd be hard to pull off).

...If only I hadn't actually tried that many, many years ago. >.> (Though it was just for Mew, not for shinies. That part I just made up on the spot.)

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
The only shinies I caught at random were a Tentacool in FireRed, a Spiritomb (I tried to soft-reset for it and found a shiny), and a Heatran (with god-awful IVs).

On purpose, however, I've bred a shiny Adamant Metagross and Gyarados, and caught a Rash Heatran on the train to the St. Louis VGC. I then proceeded to use that Heatran and the Metagross in the tournament.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Today, chaining Corsola, accidentaly broke chain, and guess what broke it?

A FRICKIN' SHINY TOGEPI.

Just ask Firus, he was the one I freaked out at over AIM.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yes, classic Mew joke.

You can't actually get Mew by pushing the truck with Mewtwo's strength, much less activate shinies (they're only one color in that game anyways, it'd be hard to pull off).

...If only I hadn't actually tried that many, many years ago. >.> (Though it was just for Mew, not for shinies. That part I just made up on the spot.)
My neighbour told me that you could get a mew through the same way. He said something like how you had to teach a golem strength and then go into battle and use strength. Before the move finished you had to click a whole bunch of buttons and the game would glitch and you could use strength on the truck.

The sad part was that I spent a really long time clicking random buttons and then running up to the truck and seeing if it would move :p

I also heard rumors like you could get a blue mew the same way.

-:bowser:Bowser King

D

Deleted member

I just caught my first shiny, non chained, and non RNG bred, it was a wingull in Sapphire.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I've only found one shiny in my ENTIRE life and it was a shiny Staravia. I found it in the trophy garden looking for an evee. Luckily I had some pokeballs so I caught it. But then a few days later someone deleted my file!:mad: Worst day of my life!(so far)

Iggie

Smash Rookie
I definitely wonna get me a Shiny Honchkrow~~~~~

But thats really hard considering there aren't any Murkrow's in Pearl ;;-;;
And I have nothing else DX

I do consider myself very lucky to have three gorgeous shinys on me right now =D

I traded for the Zangoose, got the Vulpix from my cousin, and caught a Shiny Barboach in Ruby XD
I should probably get around to evolving my Vulpix ._.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yay, last night I put one of my Manaphy's on the GTS and by chance...

I happened to get the Shiny I've been trying to get for a LONG Time...

Someone actually traded me a shiny Deoxys for my Manaphy!

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
I have 3 shinies total, all caught without any special methods.

in ruby, I have a shiny tentacool and shiny spinda. in pearl, I have a shiny bibarel.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Seeing as I abused my games to get shinies, the only legitamate one is my absolutely beloved Giratina with a God-awful nature and terrible IVs <3

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I haven't been to Smashboards in awhile...but I just caught my first Shiny! I got a Shiny Kricketune in Platinum at the Trophy Garden. W00t.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Lol GTS shinies are usually hacked.

Ever since I learned to RNG abuse I've only bred a shiny Totodile and two shiny Togepis. One that I'm really happy with.

I have a ton of shinies now but I only care about shinyness if it looks cool and has good ivs. I'd rather have a normal Skarmory with 31/31/31/x/31/31 than a shiny with 2/3/12/29/26/8 and a neutral nature.

edit: off topic, I was wondering why the name Tery-W looked so familiar! XD

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
A long time ago, playing Gold, I encoutered a shiny and went like "what?" and hurried to kill it :(

Since then I don't think I've ever encountered one

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't care if my shiny Deoxys is hacked

It still took me forever to trade for one

Top Bottom