• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scrubs Tier List

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nobody is as good as Ike obviously. :smirk: But not before Roy. He has more fire.

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So when i asked the guy why he thought ganon was so bad he said he was to slow

Another story: at a recent tourney 3 noobs showed up. And friend and i had to leave to get some tv's since a tv at the venue blew up. Anyway why driving to get tv's i told my friend the 3 noobs would play marth,link, and kirby. I was 2 for 3 they played marth, kirby, and mewtwo.

(These noobs left b4 the tourney started b/c they got scared away by a samus)

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Every scrub I know thinks MK is broken, no matter how bad they are at brawl.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
^^^ and he has no kill moves at all, i mean his side serious A is pretty good but no where near as good as ike.
side serious A oh god ahahaha that's beautiful

On topic, I asked my eight year old brother for his opinions, and Dr. Mario is the best. He can turn people backwards, and how are they supposed to hit you when they aren't facing you?

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Haha, that list has so much truth to it. When I first got the game, the only characters I would play would be Link, YL, and Roy...

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
When I first started playing, it didn't occur to me that this game wouldn't be perfectly balanced.

Bing

Smash Master
*While playing as Roy on FD or Hyrule*

*Uses charge-B*

"COME ON RUN INTO THIS **** IT'LL ****ING **** YOU."

*Opponent runs into attack attempting to do something stupid like full charge forward Smash*

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Hey! After chatting with some of my newbie friends about the characters in smash, I thought it would be interesting to make a tier list dedicated to the casual players :awesome: opinions.

Here is the list:

S: Roy, Kirby, Link, Young Link
A: Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, Samus, Mewtwo
B: Pikachu, Dr. Mario, Mario, Ganondorf
C: Shiek, Fox, Donkey Kong, Falco
D: Marth, Zelda, Peach
E: Bowser, Yoshi, Jigglypuff
F: Ness, Ice Climbers
G: Pichu

If there are any changes to this list that you would like to make, or anything that you would like to add, feel free to do so.
Link is Melee's Ike. the claims that he was broken was the reason why he was nerfed in Brawl.

Ganon should be higher.

Puff and Peach are horribly stereotyped, so they are lower.

outside of that, the list is pretty spot-on.I think it goes IMO:

SS:Link
S: Roy, ganon,Sheik, Mr. G&W
A:Kirby,Samus,Pikachu, Marth,YL,Capton Falcon
B:Mario, Dr.mario,Falco
C:Fox,Ice Climbers,DK,Yoshi
D:Ness,Bowser,Zelda, Mewtwo,Luigi,Peach
E:JigglyPuff
F:pichu

reasons for placements, in beginner terms:

Link: MOST BROKEN CHARACTER EVER!!! AND DAT 360 SPAM!!

ROY: Sword of Death
Ganon: 4 player Match + Ganon=profit
Sheik: so damn fast, and is a ninja!
G&W: Can instant kill! broken!
Kirby: Kirby cide!! no fair!
Samus: takes forever to die(this is kinda true)
Pikachu: PIKA!!!*boom*PIKA!!!*boom*PIKA!!!*boom*
Marth:weaker Sword of Death, but is faster
Cap: FALCON.....PUNCH!!!!
Mario: he's Mario
Doc: he's Mario, but slower
Falco: my lasers hurt you! and I hit harder!
Fox:why is he so hard to use? I'll just spam smash attacks
Ice climbers: 2 characters=BROKEN
DK: he's too big..but hits hard
Yoshi: why I no recover?
Ness: how do i use Up B?
Bowser: punching bag
Zelda: no one uses her. seriously
Mewtwo:Best pokemon ever, but even at beginner play he sucks(at one point I considered him worse then Pichu)
Luigi: everybody forgets weegee(we just did on this list, lol)
Peach: girly character
Jigglypuff:girlier character
Pichu:Dan

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
it would.

but no one uses peach cause she's a grily character, so they use Link's 360 spam instead.

...and anyone else notice we all forgot Luigi?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Nah yo, I've talked to casual players a couple weeks ago and they seem to have a primitive version of our own tier list. You just have to think of which characters are good/not hard.

According to them
Fox-Falco-Sheik-Marth-Link/YL =top
Falcon-Pikachu-Mario-Samus
Luigi-Roy-M2-GaW-Bowser-Doc-Kirby-Ganon
Zelda-Peach-Pichu-Ness-Yoshi
Puff=bottom

That was their opinion. So there's some cohesive thought there, pretty much speed+weight=best to them
A few mix ups sinc ethey're naive about puff, peach and for some reason everyone thinks Link is good...which makes sense because of projectiles and dair/uair to them...he's just not good on a competitive scale

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
This really depends on what kind of scrub you're talking to. Generally I'll see like-

Super Top
Roy, Kirby, Link
Link and Roy are the coolest things since slush pops, and kirby is soooo cheap with that down b

Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Marth, Sheik, Mewtwo
Pikachu's down b is also soooo cheap, Falcon punch is super cool, and Marth's and Sheik's smashes are fast/cool. Mewtwo can't be bad because he's a legendary pokemon.

High
Ganon, Falco, Young Link
Falco doesn't kill himself like Fox, and he's strong too. Young Link isn't as cool as regular Link but his spin hits a lot more. Ganon's sucker punch is really fast. Too fast for such a strong character.

Middle
Doctor Mario, Mario, Luigi
These three are obviously in the middle because they're all the same. Doctor Mario is stronger though and Luigi is weirder so he's lower.

Low
Zelda, Bowser, DK, Ness, Yoshi, Fox
Zelda and Bowser and DK are sooo slow they can't do anything. Ness's and Yoshi's up-B's don't even make them go up. Fox is too fast and he kills himself.

Bottom
Mr. Game and Watch, Pichu, Peach, Jigglypuff
Peach is really bad but Jigglypuff is just the worst thing in the game. None of her moves even do anything and her best move is the one where she spins in a ball. Pichu is not as bad as them, but Game and watch is really stupid. He's 2D and no one even knows what he is. Remove him in Brawl please.

I've simultaneously heard Ice Climbers called super terrible and overly cheap "Because there's two of them." I've never seen a scrub play or comment on Samus.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
^ Link is like one of the last competitively viable characters.....but he is a **** to use.

but yeah, I (kinda)blame the April Fools tier list for Link being overrated at beginner play.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Scrub Samus' charge up their neutral B and wait for the other person to be right in front of them, and then fire it. Then they repeat until they win. This works, because their opponents are also scrubs, and don't know how to not run directly at the Samus with a fully charged power beam. They also don't know how to block it, or how to get back on stage once they get knocked off.

You forgot that Fox can infinitely sideB back and forth to never ever get hit. That raises both him and Falco a bit.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Scrub Samus' charge up their neutral B and wait for the other person to be right in front of them, and then fire it. Then they repeat until they win. This works, because their opponents are also scrubs, and don't know how to not run directly at the Samus with a fully charged power beam. They also don't know how to block it, or how to get back on stage once they get knocked off.

You forgot that Fox can infinitely sideB back and forth to never ever get hit. That raises both him and Falco a bit.
ah,but don't forget that it makes them Sd the easiest.:bee:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Some scrubs I know think Puff is imba because of rest (if they know what it does) and just try to land that move all game during FFAs and stuff

Steelia

Smash Champion
Jiggs is god tier for event match 51. Outside of that, she don't exist.

Peach is no good, either... Way back first getting this game, I thought she was the weakest character in the game.

I won't argue with Roy being popular with the casuals, though... or Mewtwo being avoided because of his learning curve.
Luigi is super slippery, he feels so awkward to play as a scrub that most of the times I just avoided him.
Fox has cool lasers to spam halfway across the stage continuously while everyone else is focusing on everyone else.
Bowser's beast, but so slow.
Link and Clink bombs for days.
Doc's still cooler than Mario, but Mario is higher than Pikachu. Didn't see too much Pikachu. His Thunder got nerfed from 64, so it's not as cool anymore.
Samus's B move spam.
Kirby couldn't really KO... and his down-B also got nerfed from N64 Smash, so it's not as cool to use anymore.
Captain Falcon's okay, but not even a Falcon Punch can save him when you can't show off his moves.

Everyone else is just kinda there.

Mr. Happy :)

Smash Cadet
Fox: Blaster & usmash
Sheik: Dash attack & dsmash
Roy: His sword is on fire.
Luigi: We all play Luigi's Mansion
Mewtwo: He is op in Pokemon, must be in Smash.

*my experiences.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
No way Ganon for event 50 lmfao lol wtf he's so tall that he can actually hit the hands!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey! After chatting with some of my newbie friends about the characters in smash, I thought it would be interesting to make a tier list dedicated to the casual players :awesome: opinions.

Here is the list:

D: Marth, Zelda, Peach, Luigi

If there are any changes to this list that you would like to make, or anything that you would like to add, feel free to do so.
I actually agree with most of this lol. When I was a newb, I used Link/Samus, some Roy and Falcon sometimes because they were the most appealing to me at first.

GrazzaB

Smash Rookie

Here is the list:

D: Marth, Zelda, Peach, Luigi

Hmm thats pretty accurate, I just started playing melee this at the beginning of this year with a bunch of friends. I have to say roy, link and young link were indeed used a lot.

Marth and Luigi were also contenders for top tier cuz c-stick/side-b spam is easy.
Everything else looked about right.

Also someone told me that Jigglypuff was good when I first started and I tried her and was like WOW ROLLOUT SO GOOD. NO ONE CAN BLOCK IT. So yeah.

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
I'm getting a vibe that lot of you haven't played a lot with scrubs.

I'll list some of my thoughts from my extensive experience with scrubs.
The lower level scrubs really like kirby because of 4 reasons. His down b, he can steal moves, he can suck you up and jump off the edge, and his down b.
A lot of these same scrubs like captain falcon for his speed and b moves, marth/roy** because of their swords, falco/fox for their smashes, big link for his up b and little link for his down air/up b, Jiggly puff for rollout and rest(Rollout still kills me a bit if I play ffa with old friends), pikachu for thunder, samus for rocket and beam.

They know that bowswer isn't too good because he is slow, and that donkey kong isn't very good because everyone knows his down b is for beginners.

Game and watch is the best computer level 9 because he is the last unlocked(heard this multiple times).

Yes, pichu is the worst.

I think deep down they know kirby isn't that good, but upfront they will argue otherwise. Same with jiggly puff. They are good but they know that their abilities are kinda novelty.

I truly believe if you were to ask them and they were being as honest as possible, they would probably say that fox/falco/marth/link/roy are probably the best characters, where they would be partly right, and surprisingly enough for a lot of correct reasons.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Roy, Sheik, Marth, Ganon, Mewtwo

High
Pichu, Link, Zelda, Kirby, GW, Bowser, Mario, Luigi

Middle
Samus, DK, Ness, Puff, Young Link, Yoshi, Pikachu

Low
Peach, Doc, Climbers

Bottom
Falcon, Fox, Falco

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Roy, Sheik, Marth, Ganon, Mewtwo

High
Pichu, Link, Zelda, Kirby, GW, Bowser, Mario, Luigi

Middle
Samus, DK, Ness, Puff, Young Link, Yoshi, Pikachu

Low
Peach, Doc, Climbers

Bottom
Falcon, Fox, Falco
what kind of weird scubs do you know. puff is trash, doc is awesome, falcon is PAWNCH

Top Bottom