• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scrubs Tier List

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
Hey! After chatting with some of my newbie friends about the characters in smash, I thought it would be interesting to make a tier list dedicated to the casual players :awesome: opinions.

Here is the list:

S: Roy, Kirby, Link, Young Link
A: Captain Falcon, Samus, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch
B: Pikachu, Dr. Mario, Mario, Ganondorf
C: Shiek, Fox, Donkey Kong, Falco
D: Marth, Zelda, Peach, Luigi
E: Bowser, Yoshi, Jigglypuff
F: Ness, Ice Climbers
G: Pichu

If there are any changes to this list that you would like to make, or anything that you would like to add, feel free to do so.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Alot of non competitive people use kirby, i would move marth to top tier and maybe ylink down a little since most just use link seeing how he is a bigger seemingly stronger ylink

:phone:

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Mosts newbs I've encountered use falco, once they discover what they call "cstickin" they just mash smashes alldayerryday. Hell you just gotta get a scrub falco a little mad and the spamming comes out.

Kyandid

Smash Cadet
Falco and Marf are really popular with bad players because of how good fsmash spamming is on them.

It's got to be easier to win by buttonmashing on Falco or Marth than Ganondorf.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Fox usmash is something I have seen casuals spam quite a bit. Also, it's funny when I use Ganon and make scrubs think hes invincible, then they use Ganon and think he sucks cuz his fsmash is too slow lol

odinNJ

Smash Lord
most of the casuals i see use samus, falco, and falcon.
but they all think roy, kirby, and ness are cheap.

R:U:N

Smash Cadet
I find that a good deal of casual players like bowser for his smash attacks and his down-b, so I think he'd be a bit higher.
But pichu is definitely g. Even casuals know a joke character when they see one

The Star King

Smash Hero
When I read the thread title I immediately thought "leffen" but that's not what the thread was about :(

Construct

Smash Journeyman
S: Roy, Marth, Pikachu, Samus
A: Link, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff (she's only here because of her rest), Kirby
B: Fox, Falco, Dr. Mario, Game and Watch
C: Donkey Kong, Mewtwo, Ness, Bowser
D: Peach, Zelda
E: Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Pichu

Sheik was not included because Sheik obviously isn't a real character, same reason that Gigabowser and Master hand were not included.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
ideally the scrubs should always love Sheik. Even her trophy data says how easy she is to play, and how well her moves string into eachother.

Wake

Smash Master
Peach is like, the last character that scrubs will use in my experience. I heard a conversation once between some that were watching me play, and they said "I can't believe how good he is with the worst character in the game. She's worse than Bowser!" They all agree with him.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Peach is like, the last character that scrubs will use in my experience. I heard a conversation once between some that were watching me play, and they said "I can't believe how good he is with the worst character in the game. She's worse than Bowser!" They all agree with him.
whenever i beat scrubs with roy they call him cheap, so then i wreck them with jiggs (they think is bad) or whoever they use.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Pretty good list LOL

Time to start some serious discussion. Scrub tier listing is important

* I disagree with DK being on the same level as spacies + sheik. Most noobies think of donkey kong they same way they do bowser, except they like his forward+b to neutral+b "combo" (so only -1)

* I would say -1 to jiggs because her down+b is useless and does nothing and +2 or +3 to ness for having good projectile spam. (mostly pk fire -> fsmash)

* -1 to Mario because Dr. Mario is "cooler" and unlockable, so that means he's better. He's also not in Brawl, which adds to popularity.

* Similarly, +1 or 2 to pichu for not being in Brawl and therefore being "better than Pikachu - I wish they never took him out!"

* You forgot Luigi. He'd be in C tier because he's the exact same as Mario. (both mario bros in C tier)

If the opinion of a casual/scrub who is 13 years old or younger:
- All female characters become negligible simply for being female characters.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
S: Roy, Marth, Pikachu, Samus
A: Link, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff (she's only here because of her rest), Kirby
B: Fox, Falco, Dr. Mario, Game and Watch
C: Donkey Kong, Mewtwo, Ness, Bowser
D: Peach, Zelda
E: Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Pichu

Sheik was not included because Sheik obviously isn't a real character, same reason that Gigabowser and Master hand were not included.
I'm pretty sure that scrubs suck at using rest.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If the opinion of a casual/scrub who is 13 years old or younger:
- All female characters become negligible simply for being female characters.
Does not apply to characters not obviously female (Samus and Sheik).

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Interesting fact, me and my three other scrub friends that played together back in the day all 'mained' one of Fox, Falco, Shiek, and Marth.

And we didn't even know what tier lists were.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
edit: ok so i asked my freinds who dont play smash,

they think that kirby, roy, falco, samus, falcon, pichu, and bowser were the best chars. each one said about 2 of these.
this data was compiled from about 6 people

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
The list for scrubs I know would look something like this:

S: Captain Falcon, Marth, Shiek, Falco, Ganondorf, Link
A: Roy, Young Link, Samus, Pikachu, Ness, Zelda
B: Luigi, Mario, Dr. Mario, Fox, Ice Climbers, Kirby
C: Donkey Kong, Mr. Game & Watch, Mewtwo, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi
D: Pichu, Jigglypuff

Justifications:
Falcon Punch is amazing. Show me your moves.
Marth's Usmash is broken (and his Fsmash is decent too)
Sheik's whip is too good
Falco's Fsmash and Dsmash are too good
Ganon's Fsmash and downB are incredible (no one uses his Fair, because everyone knows you can't attack in the air)
Link's UpB is so cool looking
Roy's Usmash is the best move ever
YL is like Link, but not as cool
Samus' fully charged shot is soooooo good
Pikachu's downB is broken, and his neutralB is insanely good
Ness' sideB and neutralB are amazing, and his downB completely ruins Samus
Zelda's smashes are too good. So is that explosion thing that happens above her when she Usmashes in the air
Dr. Mario/Mario/Luigi are all exactly the same
Fox's lasers are useless, but at least he has an Fsmash. He can also sideB to make sure he never gets hit, while being invlunerable because there's no way the other person can hit him during it. His sideB sometimes takes him off the stage, though
IC's have a great projective, and spamming sideB makes them invulnerable
Kirby can suck people up and jump off the stage, that makes him amazing. It's too bad there's no way to break out. He's really bad at everything else, though
DK is big and strong. He's ugly, though, which is why he's this far down
Game and Watch throws bacon at people, and his hammer can KO them
Mewtwo's Shadow Ball is really good, but he floats around all the time and no one can use him
All of Peach's attacks are useless, and she has a terrible recovery. Plus, she's a woman
Bowser can't do anything other than get hit. He's just too big and slow
No one plays Yoshi
Pichu hurts himself. He does have an amazing downB, though. But he hurts himself
All of Jigglypuff's attacks are useless. And her downB puts her to sleep, what's up with that?

Wake

Smash Master
The Peach one is so funny, but I've had similar experiences talking to scrubs. You forgot to add the fact that she's a woman too.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Done.

Peach goes up a lot once they learn to float with her, because her sideB is really good, and you can float around all day and make your opponents mad because there's no way they can hit her.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that scrubs suck at using rest.
That tierlist was based on a scrub metagame that was allowed to evolve on its own for about three months. At some point somebody discovered that down-b with jigglypuff kills people, and since naturally they only play free for alls, jigglypuff quickly moved up from Q tier.

The Tycon

Smash Apprentice
The Best: Giga Bowser
S: Roy, Ness, Gannondorf, Captain Falcon, Peach, Samus
A: Jigglypuff, Kirby, Luigi, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Marth, Falco & Fox, Bowser
B: Link, Young Link, Zelda, Dr. Mario, G & W, Ice Climbers
C: Donkey Kong, Mario, Yoshi, Pichu

Giga Bowser is really good only my dad knows how to unlock him he works for Nintendo
Roy's neutral-B kills in one hit
Ness can hit himself into people, regain health and his neutral-B kills in one hit
Gannondorf's up tilt and neutral B kills in one hit
Captain Falcon's neutral B kills in one hit, has a good taunt
Peach can pull out bob-ombs and swords
Samus doesn't even have to move and can just shoot his ball thing
Jigglypuff can put you to sleep, unfair
Kirby's down-B is unbeatable, and he can swallow you and walk of the stage, good taunt
Luigi has his up-b and side-b that kill in one hit
Mewtwo can disable you, unfair
Pikachu has his down-b witch makes you invincible
Marth has a neutral-B that kills in one hit, but Roy is way better
Falco and fox can reflect things and they're strong
Bowser can kill in one hit
Link and Young link have down air
Zelda is dumb because she has two characters (How does she turn into a boy geez)
Doctor Mario is strong but he's Mario, Mario's dumb
Why would we play G & W
Ice Climbers are two people, unfair
Donkey Kong is slow and his attacks take at least two hits to kill
Mario is short and he's so weak
Yoshi only has one jump
Pichu hurts himself

They're the type of person that if someone beat them, they say they weren't ready and tell their dad.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I once had a serious discussion with a scrub at my university's gaming club about melee. I asked him who he thought the best character was, he said fox. I was surprised to say the least. Then he told me something I will neer forget "Yea, fox is the best, and mewtwo is second best. His casual down A attack is too good"

I lol'd for like 10 mins at the lingo "casual down A" for dtilt. Dude thought i was crazy

The Star King

Smash Hero
Interesting fact, me and my three other scrub friends that played together back in the day all 'mained' one of Fox, Falco, Shiek, and Marth.

And we didn't even know what tier lists were.
Yeah I have an uncanny ability of using top tier characters before I know about how good they are. Used space animals in Melee when I was a scrub, and MK right after Brawl's release when everybody else thought Marth was broken for some reason

I lol'd for like 10 mins at the lingo "casual down A" for dtilt. Dude thought i was crazy
ROFL I'm gonna start using that. I laughed way too hard at this and I'm not even sure why it's funny.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
The other day i was talking to a casual player and i asked him who he thought was the best (idr what he said) but i do remember who he said he thought was the worst. He said ganon was the worst in the game, when i asked about pichu he said he didnt count b/c hes not really a character (i kinda agreed there lol). He also told me a friend of his had a amazing yoshi

Edit: and he was surprised when i told him kirby was bad, then i showed him the tier list to see what he thought about it. He was surprised but he was a reasonable person and didnt argue or anything, honestly it was a good and interesting talk to have

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was talking to someone once who played the game casually, but was able to wavedash, L-cancel, etc. To use his words, "Ganon is broken". He compared him to MK in Brawl, and said that Ganon's nerfs in Brawl were justified.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
"his fricking punch (i think the fair) is unstoppalbe and there is nothing you can do, also he is just falcon with stronger b moves right guys."

god i love scrubs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Meta Knight is so terrible in Brawl. All of his B moves puts him into helpless.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
^^^ and he has no kill moves at all, i mean his side serious A is pretty good but no where near as good as ike.

Top Bottom