• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR official stance on Metaknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Time to pick up MetaKnight.

Can't wait to use EDC and occasionally cheat using IDC at tournies. Its not like they'll catch me or anything. Of course, the techniques are banned, so i can't do them.

Just a little question here that will probably go unanswered, how many MK mains are there in the SBR-B?
And how many of those voted pro-ban?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Time to pick up MetaKnight.

Can't wait to use EDC and occasionally cheat using IDC at tournies. Its not like they'll catch me or anything. Of course, the techniques are banned, so i can't do them.

Just a little question here that will probably go unanswered, how many MK mains are there in the SBR-B?
I'm sure you think you're being some amazing badass by pointing out voting bias, but there are a lot of people on pro-ban who voted specifically so they and their character could perform better as well.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'm sure you think you're being some amazing badass by pointing out voting bias, but there are a lot of people on pro-ban who voted specifically so they and their character could perform better as well.
And by that you mean pretty much all of pro ban right?

Flayl

Smash Hero
For every person who asks how many MKs there are in the SBR you can just ask how many of them main R.O.B./Peach/Pit etc. and don't CP against MK.

Flayl

Smash Hero
What other incentive would someone have to ban MK?
If someone felt that the game is overcentralized on MK, or if the game was play MK or lose.

Considering that Dedede's matchup against MK isn't that hot and he still places very often, those ideas are wrong. Extremely simple example.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
In other words, it allows more attention to other characters, removing an obstacle and allowing them to do better.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
In other words, it allows more attention to other characters, removing an obstacle and allowing them to do better.
Or, somebody could objectively vote based on what they think would happen to the metagame, and evidence provided as to whether or not the metagame is currently suffering.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
I <3 the SBR. It's good to know that Smash isn't a democracy. I'd probably quit the community as a whole if the ignorant masses ruled.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Without giving specific details (since it's not my place), a large % of anti-ban voters were MK-mains who make significant money playing as him.

Also, a large % of pro-bans are characters that lose to MK and don't like it.

Also, we are all corrupt communist dictators hell-bent on pulling the wool over the community's eyes and stealing your money.

The vote was not rigged. It was very close.

You all can do what you want when hosting/playing in your tournaments. If you are pro-ban, you might have to just switch characters to succeed at this point, which will inflate the ratings of MK. Or you could just be as cool as Reflex and win a regional tournament with Pokemon Trainer. :)

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Although I'm still kind of neutral, I have to say that the pro-ban side seemed way more articulate and logical than the anti-ban side was.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I think we should ban his black color. It gives him red eyes. It's obviously OP

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I only checked this topic because it said ShadowLink84 was the latest poster, but nothing cool is happening, so I'm disappointed.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Did you not see the kool aid man on page 20?
No, for some reason I can't go past 9... weird. But i'm shure we'll reach that page eventually at the speed people are spamming on this thread.

In due time my friend.

*EDIT*

I have my preferences set to 50 posts a page... my bad :embarrass

Inui

Banned via Warnings
hylian, put this picture in first post:

Inui stop flaming the hate between both sides. There is no right and wrong.
There is only, what was supported, and what was not supported.

Which is why only Ally has managed to perform so incredibly well.

Diddy has an advantage on neutrals? Really?
****, makes me wonde rwhy there aren't tons of Diddy's in the top 4. >_>

Don't get grabbed/hit. MK does it well IMO
You're a noob because you don't have your settings for the most posts per page.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This topic will be closed after awhile, but for now it will stay open.

I'm going to start handing out infractions for spam though, so please post intellegently.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Well, I voted pro-ban, and I guess it's all over now, for a year at least. Fingers crossed that MK fades into the background in the coming months or so.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Did I spam..

Just telling the truth??

Screw metaknight banners & there lack of desire to overcome metaknight

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think this debate will still linger on for another year or so. I think there might be another poll next year, just because I can't see people dropping it so easily.

Now for the immature part...
He wasn't banned! Nanananananaaaaaaa! Anti ban wins! >:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom