• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I present an actual difference between the two! Pointed out before by others but I have the images .

Peachs crown has this large yellow slash while Daisy has a smaller white slash. I hope Daisy’s isn’t weaker.
C2FA4BB6-94EC-410F-B03C-C19EED143FBA.jpeg

5A614902-685B-49B6-B78C-AAF2E4EA05B8.jpeg

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
If I'm reading the wiki correct, Daisy has quicker specials but peach may have greater range.
I checked the direct and they’re the same speed

Also off topic but Daisy’s parasol seems to go reaaally high. Hope it’s just her and not Peach lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I present an actual difference between the two! Pointed out before by others but I have the images .

Peachs crown has this large yellow slash while Daisy has a smaller white slash. I hope Daisy’s isn’t weaker.
View attachment 160077
View attachment 160078
Interesting. Those two are certainly the first two I'm gonna lab drastically after K Rool. I'm super interested in this, I've always liked Peach's playstyle but not the characters personality directly. Daisy on the other hand, I do.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 160077
View attachment 160078
Interesting, so Daisy's variant has a smaller range, I bet it will be either faster or stronger.

About the parasol, same but if there is a thing I can't stand is how Daisy has several potential differences from Peach but since Peach never showchased most of them we can't prove it.

Last edited:

Admiral Bobbery

Smash Rookie

View attachment 160077
View attachment 160078
This right here is what we need to start noticing. This is going to likely be the majority of our differences from Peach. It was a nice spot, good job. I just wish I knew what was different about it besides animation.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, they might've shown more of Daisy than Peach so far, as weird as that sounds. Maybe Peach will actually get some new stuff, while Daisy gets what Peach lost? I dunno.

Based on Fair and Up B, Daisy might have some better frame data and recovery at the cost of strength. Personally, I'd pit Daisy as the Captain Falcon type, strong and fast but a bit vulnerable at times... But whatever. Echoes already have been confirmed to have zero attribute changes, so asking for her to be faster is a fruitless endeavor.

All in all, at least she's different! Peach already has some decent frame data (Frame 2 Jab, Frame 5 Nair, Specials are a bit slow, but nothing to sneeze at), so giving Daisy even better stuff would be pretty insane. Imagine a Frame 3 Nair on Daisy, but with less damage. Hopefully better combo ability, too, to compensate for that damage reduction.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, they might've shown more of Daisy than Peach so far, as weird as that sounds. Maybe Peach will actually get some new stuff, while Daisy gets what Peach lost? I dunno.

Based on Fair and Up B, Daisy might have some better frame data and recovery at the cost of strength. Personally, I'd pit Daisy as the Captain Falcon type, strong and fast but a bit vulnerable at times... But whatever. Echoes already have been confirmed to have zero attribute changes, so asking for her to be faster is a fruitless endeavor.

All in all, at least she's different! Peach already has some decent frame data (Frame 2 Jab, Frame 5 Nair, Specials are a bit slow, but nothing to sneeze at), so giving Daisy even better stuff would be pretty insane. Imagine a Frame 3 Nair on Daisy, but with less damage. Hopefully better combo ability, too, to compensate for that damage reduction.
Getting what Peach lost is a good idea, especially when few echoes already shown some Smash 4 moves their original character lost. Maybe Daisy will use lateral Smash in order?

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Getting what Peach lost is a good idea, especially when few echoes already shown some Smash 4 moves their original character lost. Maybe Daisy will use lateral Smash in order?
Personally, I think Daisy should've gotten Peach's Melee attacks. Up Air, Up Tilt, and Dash Attack to be specific. An upward kick, headbutt, and shove seem so much more fitting than a rainbow and two magic strikes respectively, but that's just me. As for Side Smash, I honestly think it'll be an angling thing. How that'll work, I have no idea, but I guess we'll see if I'm even right at all.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I dont think those images mean anything.

Look at their arms.
Peach is in the middle of her FAIR.
Daisy is at the end of her FAIR.

It looks like the swoosh effect is just fading away in Daisy's pic. In Peach's picture, shes at the 'climax' of the hit. Maximum woosh.
I would need a screenshot of Daisy's FAIR mid-attack like Peach's to make an accurate comparison.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I dont think those images mean anything.

Look at their arms.
Peach is in the middle of her FAIR.
Daisy is at the end of her FAIR.

It looks like the swoosh effect is just fading away in Daisy's pic. In Peach's picture, shes at the 'climax' of the hit. Maximum woosh.
I would need a screenshot of Daisy's FAIR mid-attack like Peach's to make an accurate comparison.
The attack was also shown in her trailer and it had a white and blue-ish slash.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ve been doing this for other characters and here’s one for Daisy. I’ll elbaorate later on what her swaps are based off of.

C4ADE09E-044A-441A-A7F6-5BA5C8AF879D.png

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I know this is not smash related but Daisy is finally going to get a new artwork with her regular dress. Screenshot_2018-09-01-15-56-58.png

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I know this is not smash related but Daisy is finally going to get a new artwork with her regular dress.View attachment 161135
That’s great. No more reused Mario Kart 7 art.

Also this photo was posted by We Are Daisy:
B7FD964D-4295-4870-9D0A-F3047E62C102.jpeg

It looks awesome. I thought it was fake, but her arms on a different frame from the common cut out made by daisy9forever on Deviantart:
1535814489262.png
So, the question is, where is this video from? Lol it bothers me when people never link the original source to a video or picture.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Another article about Daisy (translated ofc):
DmCCscIUUAECbun.jpeg
Looks like we are going to get more aestetic differences while attacking like Dark Samus.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I just noticed that Daisy's 'Daisy Bomber' appears to have faster start up airborne, unless Peach has this as well, this is a good start for differences.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure it's just a bug. Daisy's parasol is closed during the ascent and pops open normally if you look at her reveal trailer from the direct.
Hopefull not tbh.

But honestly looking at the direct it doesn't seems like a bug at all, I mean, maybe that's why it was showcased on Daisy's trailer?

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Peach honestly looks less finished than Daisy... I feel like they even showed Daisy off more than Peach. And what we have seen of Peach is a little weird, like that parasol.

It just strikes me as... Odd. The Echo is more finished than the Original, but why? Wouldn't the moves just be ported from Smash 4? I dunno, but it just strikes me as strange.

GoombaSSB

Smash Rookie
Peach honestly looks less finished than Daisy... I feel like they even showed Daisy off more than Peach. And what we have seen of Peach is a little weird, like that parasol.

It just strikes me as... Odd. The Echo is more finished than the Original, but why? Wouldn't the moves just be ported from Smash 4? I dunno, but it just strikes me as strange.
Well, Daisy is set to be the poster child of Echo fighters and she's new. Everyone and their mothers knew Peach would be back. Daisy was set to have more detail in her trailer. They want people to look at her in awe. If it's not like bugs and stuff you're seeing with Peach it's just marketing. Because when you're showing content New > Old.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not sure if this was already posted here...so if not here’s a holy treat

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings

Peach is kinda complex to do. Her dress physics in particular were completely redone this time.

Anyways, I am super duper excited to try out both!

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Peach is kinda complex to do. Her dress physics in particular were completely redone this time.

I would remove "kinda", she is one of the most complex characters due to her dress that is really hard to modify, modders always have troubles with it.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
I would remove "kinda", she is one of the most complex characters due to her dress that is really hard to modify, modders always have troubles with it.
In Ultimate the physics seem even more complex this time!

Can’t wait to see how the game opens up in the modding scene, especially as now we don’t have to worry about Peach and Daisy sharing skin spots anymore. Heck, they don’t even share fighter ID’s and tables anymore!

Last edited:

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice

Her dress physics in Smash 4 were awful. If you had a match with more than 4 players, her dress AND hair were stiff as a board and had almost no flow to them whatsoever. Much better this time around, clearly!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Can we take a moment to appreciate Daisy's battle entrance?

I think her "Yoooo!" is the loudest battle entrance, tied with those golden doors Palutena walks out of.

It is just.. such a perfect entrance voice. So much energy

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That’s great. No more reused Mario Kart 7 art.

Also this photo was posted by We Are Daisy:
View attachment 161140
It looks awesome. I thought it was fake, but her arms on a different frame from the common cut out made by daisy9forever on Deviantart:
View attachment 161142
So, the question is, where is this video from? Lol it bothers me when people never link the original source to a video or picture.
OK seriously, where did this picture come from?

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I wish the toad in Daisy's moveset was replaced with a Snift from Mario Party 3
SAAAAAAAAME. A good difference would be instead of toad's multi-hit spores, Snifit would just shoot a pellet that hit once, hits harder, with a smaller range or something?

I feel like they dropped the ball on Daisy with Toad and Vegetables.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Duke of Dorks recently uploaded a video about how to revamp Daisy and Peach so of course I went back on my bull**** and wrote another masterpost on Daisy's moveset potential like the old days

https://youtu.be/1oyymmpO9RQ

I always found it weird that Peach was one of the most technical characters in Smash history. Her float, while originally designed to make horizontal recovery easier, has always been a source of hard-to-pull of combos and insanely miniscule microspacing. Item play, which Peach also has in form of the Turnips, also brings along one of the longer lists of advanced techniques like glidetossing and z-dropping.

This is always why I thought Daisy would be the Lucina to Peach's Marth: A more accesible version of a beginnerunfriendly character. In Daisy's case, that means doing away with the float. Not only is it never used by Daisy and the closest thing Peach has to a signature move, it's also unneccesarily complex and cutting it would allow Daisy to be buffed in areas like movement speed, to closely match the stat differences Peach and Daisy have in Mario Sports games, with Daisy being more all-round oriented than Peach's technical statspreads.

Super Mario Run would later give Daisy a perfect alternative in the triple jump. It would radically change Peach's playstyle even without changing a single move. Instead of precise microspacing, Daisy wouldn't have the patience to minimize her movements. Instead she would jump right in with either her Side B (Which would be the Flowerbed Return of Mario Power Tennis) or her triple jump ability. Faster movement, at the price of being much less precise.

For Specials, making a Daisy moveset becomes harder. As you said, most of her stuff is one-and-done or just a part of the games she's in and shares with fellow party guests and tennis court combatants. However, there's one move that returns as "special move" in spin-offs when it comes to Daisy: A Flower Garden. Present in Mario Power Tennis, Mario Sluggers, Mario Sports Mix and Mario Golf World Tour (albeit as a victory animation), Daisy creating a garden is one of Daisy's more recurring powers and one that is obviously associated with her general flower affinity too (unlike Mario Strikers' Crystal Smash).

It'd fit in with her general playstyle too of being grand, rigorous and not subtle. Her space is her space and she's not letting it know by throwing a Veggie or strategically floating around the opponent, she lets it know by letting her namesake flowers grow on the battlefield where she stands. Now, stage control elements are dangerous to implement in Smash, because zoning is a very easy playstyle to adopt and very little characters have powerful stage control options, so the Garden couldn't be something that damages or slows opponents. Daisy's need to approach would diminish and Daisy is the last character that would wait in a fight. Instead, Daisy's Garden would need to make normally unsafe approaches safer, by giving Daisy herself a speed bonus, or reduce landing lag on key moves like her "Daisy Bomber" Side B.

Now Neutral B/Down B would be a sports ball (depending or whether Garden would be a neutral B or down B), but not just any sports ball. Smash often takes inspiration from debut games so for Daisy, it'd be none other than Super Mario Land's sole power-up: The Superball. Bouncier and more erratic than your average ball, fits Daisy's bouncy and energetic personality and playstyle. They'd lose the Turnip's property of being an item and would be a more self-sufficient projectile like Mario's Fireball which would take away a part of Peach's technical skill floor.
Being more bouncy, they're perfect for in your face volleys, combos, or covering all-in rushdown approaches. Bouncing off of walls and shields, they can really put on pressure, again, much more visible than Peach's mindgames.

If you forego the premise of Daisy being "Easy Peach", the Superball and Garden could work together by giving the Superball a special effect after it bounces in the Garden. Lip's Stick's "Flower" effect is a prime candidate and can also be implemented in different moves to give Daisy damage without having to memorise float-specific combos, and can be a balancing tool to offset the fact that she's Peach without the peach de resistance.

For normals, she can be a bit more rowdy and rough n tumble. Although she'd still be in the dress, she's not afraid to lunge, tackle and dunk her way through the competition. Melee Peach gave us some headbutts, kicks and explosions that could return to Daisy and even though Daisy is not a full-on brawler, she doesn't shy away from the occasional uppercut.

Top Bottom